Compibility with LG V30
2044 4 2021-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wcstarks
lvl.1

United States

The DJI Sky app compatibility list includes LG 20, but not LG 30.  Is it not compatible with LG 30?

2021-8-5
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

According to the Cult of Drone list the LG V30 is included in the list of compatible devices.

https://cultofdrone.com/dji-fly-compatible-device/
2021-8-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there wcstarks. Good day and thank you for reaching out.  Upon checking the mobile device ( LG 30 ) on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the said application. There is a possibility that the LG 30 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while in use. In addition the mobile device needs to be 64-bit, otherwise the DJI Fly application is not compatible with the Android distribution and will not work. For reference, I will be posting the list of the recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2021-8-5
Use props
wcstarks
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-5 17:31
Hello there wcstarks. Good day and thank you for reaching out.  Upon checking the mobile device ( LG 30 ) on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the said application. There is a possibility that the LG 30 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while in use. In addition the mobile device needs to be 64-bit, otherwise the DJI Fly application is not compatible with the Android distribution and will not work. For reference, I will be posting the list of the recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

I did some research and found that the V30 does infact use a 64 bit cpu.  That being the case, should it not then be compatible?  I did download and run the app without yet connecting with the drone.  It seems to run initially ok.  The OS is apparently compatible with the app.  I have not opened the drone package (DJI Mini 2), while I investigate and dertermine that the app will work with my phone.  So, I have not done an acutual live test with the drone yet. What else do I need to understand to determine if the phone and the app will work properly?  It is listed as compatible on the Cult of Drone website.  Surely, that means someone has verified that it is compatible.
2021-8-5
Use props
wcstarks
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-5 17:31
Hello there wcstarks. Good day and thank you for reaching out.  Upon checking the mobile device ( LG 30 ) on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the said application. There is a possibility that the LG 30 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while in use. In addition the mobile device needs to be 64-bit, otherwise the DJI Fly application is not compatible with the Android distribution and will not work. For reference, I will be posting the list of the recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

For the record, it seems that the LG V30 is compatible with the DJI Fly app.  After verifying the requirements, I went ahead and ordered a DJI mini 2 and tried it out.  It seems to work just fine.
2021-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules