Mini2 AC does not enter pairing mode, does not powers off completely
1168 6 2021-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ollie Helsinki
lvl.1
Flight distance : 101178 ft
Finland

The attached video link really explains the issue https://photos.app.goo.gl/iGBUKq1LWs8Z4AvT7 however the basic issues are:

- this is a 3 day old drone
- the firmware was updated before the drone was put into use on 2021/08/02
- was working fine in the morning, no crashes or anything and came back home under control
- took it out later in the afternoon, the RC and the AC would not connect.
- tried to re-pair but the AC would not enter re-pairing mode as described in the docs and forums
- when trying to activate the re-pair mode on the AC, it does not start sequentially flashing the lights and simple reverts to the pre-button press state
- trying to then turn off the AC with press, release, press and hold has the correct power down light sequence but the left most light stays flashing and the rear led stays flashing yellow.
- the only way to completely shut down the AC is to remove the battery
- this happens with all batteries
- occasionally the rear led goes solid red.
- occasionally the rear led flashes between red/green.

This is what I have tried:

- tried re-pairing as described above.
- I have tried to delete/uninstall the DJI Fly app and then re-install the app. However it makes no affect and I cannot pair still nor upgrade the firmware again since the AC will not connect
- I've even tried multiple different phones. iPhone/Samsung 21 Ultra.
- I've tried turning on the AC with and without the SD cards
- I've tried formatting the memory cards.

I'm somewhat at a loss now. I'm guessing this a faulty drone?
2021-8-7
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

hi Ollie,

try reflashing the firmware on the drone with the Assistent program you can find on the DJI webside of the mini2.
I know, there is no option to do that with the assistent. Watch the video first.

Probably the firmware of your batteries wasn't updated. If that doesn't help, contact DJI support for assistance.
Also check the firmware of your controller is updated. That can be done withe assistent too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F4XUVLK1KfU
2021-8-7
Use props
Ollie Helsinki
lvl.1
Finland

Worth noting in the future for other people experiencing the same problem, and on a mac like I am, you can edit the same settings for the DJI Assistance by right clicking on the app and selecting "Show package contents", then navigate to and open '/Contents/MacOS/defaultsettings.ini

That said, however, I still can't get my drone to be recognised by macOS 11.5.1 so even connecting it seems impossible at this moment.
2021-8-8
Use props
Ollie Helsinki
lvl.1
Finland

(Thanks @JohnDG)
2021-8-8
Use props
Ollie Helsinki
lvl.1
Finland

It might not still work on macOS Big Sur because of DJI Assistant relying on something called Horndis that allows android based devices to tether and the way that it is now disabled in BigSur. Follow this advice to install Horndis manually.

https://github.com/jwise/HoRNDIS/issues/132#issuecomment-745607263

I still have not managed to get firmware reflashes going yet but will try a bit more later.
2021-8-8
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Ollie Helsinki Posted at 8-8 08:26
It might not still work on macOS Big Sur because of DJI Assistant relying on something called Horndis that allows android based devices to tether and the way that it is now disabled in BigSur. Follow this advice to install Horndis manually.

https://github.com/jwise/HoRNDIS/issues/132#issuecomment-745607263

I know Apple gives problems with external connected devices because of security reasons.
Maybe can ask a friend with a windows computer to help you out.
Most of the time updating thru the app works fine. But in some cases connecting thru a pc is a solution.
2021-8-8
Use props
Ollie Helsinki
lvl.1
Finland

For anyone in the future, I ended up going back to the shop where I purchased it from and getting it replaced. DJI also sent a UPS slip for it to be repaired.
2021-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules