Next Firmware ETA, & SDK mobile app usage
855 0 2015-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bdmartens
lvl.2

Canada

Hi All,

I've been looking at some of the different mobile apps that will use the SDK to control the Inspire, and they all seem to require that I use a beta firmware to have the functionality enabled.  I'd prefer to have only one variable in beta with my machine. I have yet to have a catastrophic malfunction, and would prefer to keep it that way.

I know there won't be a clear answer until the firmware is out, but I was hoping someone would be able to give an aproximate guess of the maturity of the next firmware release.  I'm sure all the beta testers aren't allowed to comment on this, but perhaps one of the DJI users would be able to provide some insight.  Is the next firmware release far off, or perhaps more close?  Any additional feedback with regards to using a firmware with beta SDK implementations?

As a side note, the applications I'm aware of are:

Autopilot - iOS only, largely waypoint-based, but seem to have some flexible development targets
AutoFlight Logic - iOS only, seeming camera-path focused.  No current Photogrammetry features
DroneDeploy - iOS, Android, Desktop - Has Photogrammetry features, cloud-based stitching/computing
Pix4D - iOS, Android, Windows - Primarily photogrammetry, advanced features, both server and cloud-based stitching/computing

Any others?

Thanks!
2015-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules