Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

hunterws Posted at 8-14 13:45
You seem to get worked up over this little toy.  Afraid of losing something?
Quit guessing, and admit this product needs some work lil buddy.

No I'm just sick of dealing with your ignorant trolling.
Show me a single flight where the flight data supports your argument.
If things are as you say, that should be no problem at all.
2021-8-14
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-14 18:22
No I'm just sick of dealing with your ignorant trolling.
Show me a single flight where the flight data supports your argument.
If things are as you say, that should be no problem at all.

Just read the posts.  You blind?
2021-8-14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

hunterws Posted at 8-14 19:16
Just read the posts.  You blind?

What posts?
I've read everything in this thread and can't find any where you have posted anything to support your uninformed blowhard claims.
If it's such a big deal you should have no problem finding something.
Until you can, just shut up.
2021-8-14
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

I need another bucket of popcorn, if it will not end.
2021-8-15
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-14 20:14
What posts?
I've read everything in this thread and can't find any where you have posted anything to support your uninformed blowhard claims.
If it's such a big deal you should have no problem finding something.

Someones a bit testy ... why you so angry?
Hope you have a wonderful day filled with sunshine and flowers.
The posts were posted earlier, doesn't surprise me you cant find 'em.
Have a nice day 'roids
2021-8-15
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
United States

MySky Posted at 8-15 09:46
I need another bucket of popcorn, if it will not end.

This is fun, can't believe this person is so pro-dji he's willing to get upset LOL
2021-8-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

hunterws Posted at 8-15 16:40
Someones a bit testy ... why you so angry?
Hope you have a wonderful day filled with sunshine and flowers.
The posts were posted earlier, doesn't surprise me you cant find 'em.

So you can't find a single account to back up the fatuous nonsense you are trolling with.
What a surprise.
2021-8-15
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
United States

Im not doing your homework.  Not sure what point you're trying to prove, but why would I help you?  ahole

Why not look at the other threads with the same issue, it's not just me.   

DJI Fly 1.4.8 problems

Have a nice day little buddy!
2021-8-15
Use props
fans5fad8194
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8320997 ft
United States

87 replies. Going for a record?
2021-8-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

hunterws Posted at 8-15 16:45
Im not doing your homework.  Not sure what point you're trying to prove, but why would I help you?  ahole

Hey moron ... You're not doing any homework.
No-one has been talking about 1.4.8 problems in this thread.
You came here trolling about DJI drones flying away.
And still can't point to a single example to back it up.
2021-8-15
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-15 17:39

F-U ... if you read the posts that are 1.4.8 in nature, you'll see how I gained my perspective.
I refuse to fly when dji can't even make an app that works, screw you hemorrhoid
2021-8-15
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
United States

Why are you so offended?
Me trolling?  You're the first to name call.
You seem very upset for such a simple topic that's not hard to find (1.4.8 has issues).
kiss off ahole
2021-8-15
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

On my third DJI Drone.
Never had a fly away at all. I don't think any of the regular fliers I 'talk to' on here have had a fly away either.
With the first drone; a Spark, I do think DJI's Marketing at the time gave the impression that the Spark was fool proof and could almost fly itself. The Spark forum in the early days of my ownership was filled with folks who flew when the best course of action was to not fly; very strong winds, in hilly terrain with low clouds, flying from their back yard close to power lines, not waiting for the home point to be set, I've seen many like that.

There were a few instances of batteries not being firmly attached and disconnecting in flight, but they were very rare.
I've not come across any major flaws in DJI's software. If anything, am grateful to DJI for making aerial photography as accessible as it has become.
2021-8-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hunterws Posted at 8-15 18:24
Why are you so offended?
Me trolling?  You're the first to name call.
You seem very upset for such a simple topic that's not hard to find (1.4.8 has issues).

Its very simple, let me spell it out.

We, in this thread, are talking about flyaways.
Labroides asked you to show him 1 example of a true flyaway.
You haven't done so
Labroides repeatedly asks
You change the subject to the 1.4.8 app issues
Now you both start abusing each other

See quite simple.

Now, hunterws, had you had half a brain you could have easily answered
by referring Labroides to one of his own replies from earlier in the thread

''...and a small percentage due to uncommon genuine hardware failure.''

To me that says that he acknowledges that there is such a thing as a true flyaway that is not contributed by pilot error

therefore said AC did flyaway of its own accord.

annnd, continue.....

2021-8-15
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

hunterws Posted at 8-15 16:40
This is fun, can't believe this person is so pro-dji he's willing to get upset LOL

Just to confirm, Labroids is just pointing to facts and you could not show any prove of a real flyaway like all other stubborn flyaway trolls.
Mixing up this thread topic with another complete different topic like the 1.4.8 issue doesn't help at all.
2021-8-16
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

MySky Posted at 8-16 02:21
Just to confirm, Labroids is just pointing to facts and you could not show any prove of a real flyaway like all other stubborn flyaway trolls.
Mixing up this thread topic with another complete different topic like the 1.4.8 issue doesn't help at all.

The 1.4.8 issue is the flyaway issue!
2021-8-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Johnny_J Posted at 8-16 03:05
The 1.4.8 issue is the flyaway issue!

No, it's not!
2021-8-16
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Yes, it is!
2021-8-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
Luxembourg

ChrisJG Posted at 8-15 23:38
On my third DJI Drone.
Never had a fly away at all. I don't think any of the regular fliers I 'talk to' on here have had a fly away either.
With the first drone; a Spark, I do think DJI's Marketing at the time gave the impression that the Spark was fool proof and could almost fly itself. The Spark forum in the early days of my ownership was filled with folks who flew when the best course of action was to not fly; very strong winds, in hilly terrain with low clouds, flying from their back yard close to power lines, not waiting for the home point to be set, I've seen many like that.

It depends on the definition of "flyaway" and to be fair, there isn't one for drones, not in any official capacity.

I always thought the term "flyaway" meant anything relating to the pilot having no control of the aircraft, regardless of the reason.
I mean, we can split hairs all day long, saying pilot error, mechanical or digital failure, but at the end of it
if the aircraft fly's away from the pilot who has now control over it, that's exactly what it is, a "flyaway"

Therefore, you have now spoken to someone who has had a flyaway, albeit less than a 100m arc, it happened when I took off from my cars large sunroof. It was a magnetic interference that caused a yaw error ( I think it was), I had very little control and what control I did have was somehow getting it to return but it ended up creating perfect arc of about 100m radius (est), it was trying like hell to stay away from the car, that's what it felt like.

Why I call it a flyaway is because as soon as I initiated precision take off, it ascended  about 4 ft then swiftly shot off at speed (on its' own i might add) to my left. As it was the Phantom 4 Pro, it should have auto ascended to about 6m I think it is and hovered in place.

I will have to have a look on Airdata to see if its still on there, unlikely mind as I've done many flights since, worth a look though
Dammit, its long gone....
2021-8-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Explain it then, how is the app causing a flyaway, please?
2021-8-16
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

I would say that there are just as many "flyways issues" as there are "driveaway issues" with cars or "diveaway issues" with submarines. If a screen recording or a video or a log were finally shown, I might change my mind. ;-)
2021-8-16
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

jonny007 Posted at 8-16 05:26
I would say that there are just as many "flyways issues" as there are "driveaway issues" with cars or "diveaway issues" with submarines. If a screen recording or a video or a log were finally shown, I might change my mind. ;-)

Just as the app positioned me in Austria and it's impossible to correct (the app 1.4.8 is never wrong and contains no bugs), the very same app might very well cause my drone to take away in the Austria direction another day ...
2021-8-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Bashy Posted at 8-16 04:15
It depends on the definition of "flyaway" and to be fair, there isn't one for drones, not in any official capacity.

I always thought the term "flyaway" meant anything relating to the pilot having no control of the aircraft, regardless of the reason.

That's not a "flyaway".
It's something that you caused.
You were lucky that it was a small yaw error and didn't cause a high speed crash as most do.
2021-8-16
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
United States

It's our fault for trusting DJI product.  In THAT regard, it is completely our fault.  Why is it so difficult to admit the app has bugs?  Is it intentional, and why it only happens to android users on FCC mode?
The lack of give-a-... by this company and their mouthpieces makes me wonder really what the motive is for lack of service, and a mountain of excuses.
I'm not here to do detective work for you, or try to prove your point for you, I'm here to hopefully tell DJI that their app needs work, but they are deaf to it, again, leading me to believe it is intent.

It' s only our fault for trusting this company.  Nothing else is our fault.  I would expect a company this large, selling items that are this expensive, would put more towards the service end ................ unless they are happy watching us not get service, or even able to use their toy we bought.  Each time someone posts some bs, I get one step closer to just selling my dji gear and going with sky dio.
2021-8-16
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

hunterws Posted at 8-16 07:45
It's our fault for trusting DJI product.  In THAT regard, it is completely our fault.  Why is it so difficult to admit the app has bugs?  Is it intentional, and why it only happens to android users on FCC mode?
The lack of give-a-... by this company and their mouthpieces makes me wonder really what the motive is for lack of service, and a mountain of excuses.
I'm not here to do detective work for you, or try to prove your point for you, I'm here to hopefully tell DJI that their app needs work, but they are deaf to it, again, leading me to believe it is intent.

I believe Labroides (a fish) is working for DJI. Look at all her comments, defending all their poor decisions!
2021-8-16
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
United States

Bashy Posted at 8-15 23:49
Its very simple, let me spell it out.

We, in this thread, are talking about flyaways.

Right, because my issue was never about flyaways of mine.
My issue is the app, which keeps getting glanced over and looked around.
The topic is the app, not a flyaway.  No, I'm not going to jump through hoops for some troll that calls me a troll, just trying to get some answers to play with my toy, which .... is going up for sale this week.
2021-8-16
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
United States

ChrisJG Posted at 8-15 23:38
On my third DJI Drone.
Never had a fly away at all. I don't think any of the regular fliers I 'talk to' on here have had a fly away either.

You sound like an iOS user in FCC mode.
You would have a different experience with android in FCC mode.
2021-8-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

hunterws Posted at 8-16 07:45
It's our fault for trusting DJI product.  In THAT regard, it is completely our fault.  Why is it so difficult to admit the app has bugs?  Is it intentional, and why it only happens to android users on FCC mode?

Why is it so difficult to admit the app has bugs?  
Why is it so hard for you to understand that this is a forum and topics are discussed in threads.
If you want to bitch about the app, do it in an appropriate thread.
How hard is that?

btw .. to answer your question .. DJI aren't in the habit of admiting anything.

I'm here to hopefully tell DJI that their app needs work, but they are deaf to it, again, leading me to believe it is intent.
FYI
You're in the wrong place here to communicate with DJI.
The moderators here aren't the people you want to communicate with.
They know nothing and can do nothing.
The forum members can't do anything about it either.

Each time someone posts some bs, I get one step closer to just selling my dji gear and going with sky dio.
Go ahead ... do it and haunt their forums, the sooner the better.

2021-8-16
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-16 07:57
Why is it so difficult to admit the app has bugs?  
Why is it so hard for you to understand that this is a forum and topics are discussed in threads.
If you want to bitch about the app, do it in an appropriate thread.

Not reading your book.  You seem very invested in proving us wrong, instead of offering service.
Fix your app, it's your fault.
2021-8-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

hunterws Posted at 8-16 07:59
Not reading your book.  You seem very invested in proving us wrong, instead of offering service.
Fix your app, it's your fault.

You probably are the most stupid person I've had the misfortune to encounter on this forum.
2021-8-16
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-16 08:02
You probably are the most stupid person I've had the misfortune to encounter on this forum.

Ok hemorrhoid, out of argument finally?
Tell DJI to fix their app, you have to have an office there.
2021-8-16
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Labroides Posted at 8-16 08:02

Hey mate! You are repeatedly saying that to every individual who does not agree to your state of mind. This makes me suspicious that you might have a brain damage despite the fact that you can read log files ...
2021-8-16
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hunterws Posted at 8-16 07:54
You sound like an iOS user in FCC mode.
You would have a different experience with android in FCC mode.

I do prefer the simplicity of Apple tech...it does work seamlessly, whether drones, printers etc...
2021-8-16
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
United States

ChrisJG Posted at 8-16 11:21
I do prefer the simplicity of Apple tech...it does work seamlessly, whether drones, printers etc...

Well, sure, if you limit your product line to 2 printers and 2 drones, it's easy to be compatible.
What you're missing are options.  If simple and fed to you is what you want, apple is it.
2021-8-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 8-16 05:41
That's not a "flyaway".
It's something that you caused.
You were lucky that it was a small yaw error and didn't cause a high speed crash as most do.

I know it was caused by me, that's never been disputed.

But, right after I initiated precision takeoff, I did not physically fly the ac away,
at that point there was no stick touching at all, the ac did that under its own steam.

That is the definition of a flyaway except that there is no official wording relating to drone flying

Regardless of it being a pilot error, it was still a non-controlled flight away from the pilot,
It ascended far less than it should have and flew away, to the left, at speed.
Flew away - fly away - flyaway, see what i did there...?

Adding a reason doesn't change the fact that it flew away on its own from the takeoff point.
2021-8-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Bashy Posted at 8-16 18:53
I know it was caused by me, that's never been disputed.

But, right after I initiated precision takeoff, I did not physically fly the ac away,

Your definition would include anything caused by operator error.
The issue is that uninformed flyers who don't know why they lost their drone, tell people that it just flew away.
In their mind it wasn't them, it was the drone.
And from that you end up with a lot of people believing that drones are fickle things that might just fly away and there's nothing you can do about it - see the idiot that started this stupid thread for a good example.

But from analysing the data from hundreds of flight incidents, we know that drones don't just fly away.
There is always a reason for what is mistakenly referred to as a "flyaway".
A tiny fraction of lost drone incidents might be caused by rare, genuine hardware faults, but the overwhelming majority are a direct result of preventable operator error, including yaw errors.

2021-8-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 8-16 19:14
The issue is that uninformed flyers who don't know why they lost their drone, tell people that it just flew away.

Yeah, ok, we can certainly agree on that
2021-8-16
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-16 19:14

For all those blaming the app - since you can fly with only the controller, how can the app cause a fly-away? The app is unnecessary for flight!  IT CAN'T!! As you stated, only in rare instances could a hardware failure be the cause. I have on several occasions disconnected the phone cable with zero problems.
2021-8-17
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Mobilehomer Posted at 8-17 05:23
For all those blaming the app - since you can fly with only the controller, how can the app cause a fly-away? The app is unnecessary for flight!  IT CAN'T!! As you stated, only in rare instances could a hardware failure be the cause. I have on several occasions disconnected the phone cable with zero problems.

Of course it can. You can control the RC from the app. Go figure!
2021-8-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Johnny_J Posted at 8-17 05:34
Of course it can. You can control the RC from the app. Go figure!

If you knew anything about flying your drone, you'd know that the app is nice to have, but it isn't necessary.
Pull the cable from your phone or tablet and you still have full control of your drone.
2021-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules