481 5 2021-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JasonKP
lvl.2
United States

I would like to repost something: So I was charging my DJI Mavic 2 Pro battery
Some weird light blinking happened.
I put the battery into the charger, and it charged like normal for about 20 seconds. Then, the battery just completely stops charging. The battery light is on, but the light doesn't "move".When I plug the battery into the drone, the drone turns on but it's alternating red-yellow-green. (this usual happens when I turn on the drone, but it blinks for a very long time and doesn't stop). It also doesn't connect to the controller  

Also, the battery, when inserted on the drone, cannot turn off
Anyone know the solution?
Here's a video:

2021-8-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to discharge the said batter by letting it turn on until it goes to completely 0% then leave it again on the charger to see if the issue persists. Also, can you please confirm if you do have another battery and if it does the same issue? Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-8-7
Use props
JasonKP
lvl.2
United States

Hello, thanks for responding. I tried your advice, and the same thing happened. Also, the charger works as other batteries charge properly.
2021-8-8
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was going to suggest the discharging to 0% and since that didn't work I would just call the battery a total loss and not even try to use it, it's not worth compromising the drone.  What happens if you just leave the battery on the charger overnight? and make sure you charge it outside to where it cannot start a fire just in case it decides to catch on fire.
2021-8-8
Use props
JasonKP
lvl.2
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 8-8 13:49
I was going to suggest the discharging to 0% and since that didn't work I would just call the battery a total loss and not even try to use it, it's not worth compromising the drone.  What happens if you just leave the battery on the charger overnight? and make sure you charge it outside to where it cannot start a fire just in case it decides to catch on fire.

Whenever its on the charger, it does not charge.
2021-8-9
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

JasonKP Posted at 8-9 09:46
Whenever its on the charger, it does not charge.

Toss the battery and call it a day.  I would not personally trust the battery even if it start charging.
2021-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules