Soft crash and loss of Gps and camera
1368 10 2014-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
topherjohn
New

United States

Lost the drone to a fly away after doing hardware updates. Luckily i found her in a Newley mowed corn field about a mile away. The find my drone dropped a pin but no where close to where we found her. Anyway no damage at all. She was props down in the field. Cleaned her up and re charged everything. No have to connection to camera and no gps. Help anyone?  Thx
2014-11-26
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

"No have to connection to camera" What camera ? and what are you connecting it to ?
"no gps" How are you coming to this conclusion ? App ? LED's ?
2014-11-26
Use props
topherjohn
New

United States

Ok let me be more specific. Power drone on..power remote control..power wifi range extender and connect to it with the app for my iPhone.  It shows I am connected to the phantom wifi on the remote control. When I launch the camera from the app it says no connection as well as no gps signal. Doing this all on the field outside where I did it earlier prior to crash. Hope that all makes sense thx
2014-11-26
Use props
whyley27
lvl.2

United Kingdom

if you have found the drone props down, i would imagine that the gps is broken somehow.., that would mean taikng the top off and checking the gps..
Have you taken it apart after the crash see if anything inside is damaged, cables come off ???

i would really inspect it first before going to power it back on.. clearly there is a problem somewhere.

dont take it for granteed that theres no damge.. if you didnt see it come down .. it may have hit hard something on the way down..

2014-11-26
Use props
topherjohn
New

United States

Ya have not take anything g apart but will inspect further. I suppose you would recommend the same regarding the app not showing any picture from the camera.?
2014-11-26
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

For the GPS what LED lights are you getting ? forgetting about the app for a sec, and what flight mode are you in, phantom or Naza ?
Can you post a photo of what you are seeing on the app screen ?
2014-11-26
Use props
topherjohn
New

United States

as soon as i start the drone and go to calibrate...i get a rapid green flashing for a few secs....pretty sure I'm in phantom

also the app says cannot connect to camera.

thx
2014-11-26
Use props
topherjohn
New

United States

sorry...connection to phantom failed...thats what it says on the app
2014-11-26
Use props
topherjohn
New

United States

just fyi guys...rebinded the wifi extender  with the drone...ALL IS WELL!

thx again
2014-11-26
Use props
snydergj
New
Flight distance : 331870 ft
United States

I had the similar thing happen to me too.   I flew it on Sunday morning and got an error that said Transmitter calibration required so I plugged it in and it immediately updated the firmware.  I ran the basic IMU cal and went back out and flew for a few minutes then programmed 3 way points on ground station.  I hit go and it flew to the first one and never turned to the second.  I lost connection to the phantom(approx 400 ft away) and It just kept going in a straight line away from me.  I flipped it into fail safe and nothing happened.  I found it about a mile away.  No damage at all.  I have the video and it shows a long gradual decent from 98 ft.  The decent was not vertical, it was drifting as it was descending, and luckily missing power lines, cars, trees, flag poles and concrete.   This is the second time this has happened where it descends in what appears to be ATTI mode.   I have video of both crashes someone wants to analyze it.   What is the protocol when there is no GPS and no transmitter signal?  I would assume it would try to stay at altitude until the battery was 15% then try to land.  In both of my situations I had fresh batteries.  On the second crash, the motors were still running, at least the two that were in the air were.  The other two motors were very hot from not being able to spin.   Any answers to the weird landings and why the motors didn't shut off would be much appreciated.  
2014-11-26
Use props
topherjohn
New

Well it happened again last night. Went broken arrow on me again...this was a night flight...started to get away from me just flying in gps mode but with myself in control. As soon as it got a bit away I turned off controller and it just kept going.  Looked for it in the wood but no luck. Found it in the am pretty banged up this time. Landing gear on ins side ripped out I threads .. And motors all jacked up. The Allen screws that hold them in were totally dislodged and stuck in the plastic. Gonna need a good repair. Everything else functional. Camera gimbal and battery good. Sound when you power on is a bit muted. We shall see what's it's going to take to fix her
2014-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules