Why can my Ronin hold a charge for weeks, but my MA2 only days?
570 4 2021-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dangerly
lvl.4
United States

I charged my Ronin maybe a month ago, and I just powered it on to discover it's at 97%. My Air 2 batteries go down to 2.5 blinking lights after only 3 or 4 days or so. Why can my Ronin hold a charge for so long but my Air 2 batteries can't? Why can't DJI make my Air 2 batteries hold a charge longer?
2021-8-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It's not a bug, it's a feature.
Your drone batteries self discharge to protect them from the damage caused by sitting a long time with a full charge.
And it's explained in your manual.
Look at p25 in the manual ....

Auto-Discharging Function:
To prevent swelling, the battery automatically discharges to 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day, and automatically discharges to 60% of the battery level when it is idle for five days. It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the dischargingprocess.

2021-8-7
Use props
Dangerly
lvl.4
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-7 17:24
It's not a bug, it's a feature.
Your drone batteries self discharge to protect them from the damage caused by sitting a long time with a full charge.
And it's explained in your manual.

Thank you for that information! Why do you think this same feature is not available on the DJI Ronin?
2021-8-7
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

Dangerly Posted at 8-7 17:40
Thank you for that information! Why do you think this same feature is not available on the DJI Ronin?

Different battery chemistry. Drones use a higher power to weight battery, Li-Po (drones) vs Li-Ion for lower power draw and longer storage times (Ronin).
2021-8-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The main reason for this is both have different battery types also the feature the was available for both units. Kindly please refer to post #2 and #5 from our fellow DJI Pilots for your reference. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other concerns. Thank you!
2021-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules