Dji pocket 2 not connecting to my Samsung Galaxy M11
1886 2 2021-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eddie9218
New
India

Hello there,

I am having trouble connecting dji pocket 2 to my samsung galaxy m11 mobile device. I tried using the direct connection using the usb c port and also using the wifi extension module, but it doesn't get connected. My mobile shows recharging symbol whenever I plug the pocket 2 to my mobile other than that there are no notification and the app cannot identify the device. I am trying to decide whether I should buy another mobile just so that I could use my pocket 2. Is there any update brewing to solve this issue or should I go ahead and buy another mobile that might support your device?

Thanks,
pocket 2 customer
2021-8-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Eddie9218. I am sorry for the trouble the has caused you and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy M11 ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Pocket 2 and with the DJI Mimo application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said camera and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Pocket 2 and with the DJI Mimo application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung Galaxy M11 will be able to work on the DJI Pocket 2 and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said camera and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on the DJI Pocket 2. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Pocket 2. Thank you.

2021-8-8
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Hello!

I am not an official representative at DJI, but I have been investigating the issue of compatible and non-compatible phones and tablets with Pocket 2. I have made threads that list those devices.

Unfortunately, it seems like no one has managed to get the Galaxy M11 to work with the Pocket 2, and it has been marked on my list as not working.

If you are looking for a compatible phone or tablet, you could have a look at my threads at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=235190 (for phones) or https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=237518 (for tablets). Not only do these threads list the officially supported phones, but also phones and tablets that aren't officially supported but have proven to work with Pocket 2. Using one of those could enable you to activate and control your camera.

Also, if you test a model that is said to work but you have trouble getting it to connect, then there is a troubleshooting section that could help in solving connection problems. Some things, such as phone cases or faulty connectors could cause problems in connecting, but using the troubleshooting section could help you locate and maybe resolve the issue.

Finally, if you test a model that hasn't been mentioned as working or not-working, then you can submit your results at the threads, so I can add it to the list to help other users to find out if their model works or not - or help in finding a compatible device.

Hopefully you will find a device to solve your problem!
2021-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules