526 5 2021-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IrishD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140951 ft
Ireland

Hi all,
I have the mini2 since the beginning of this year.
I don't get to fly all that often and when i do its usually in small stints but always in different locations, at home in an urban area, at the seafront, up mountains, in forests etc

I've only ever been prompted to calibrate compass on maybe 3 occasions which i did, but never have I been prompted to calibrate IMU and so I never have.
Should this be a concern or should I be happy that the drone has never requested it ?

Cheers
2021-8-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Normally, there's never a need to recalibrate the IMU.
My main drone is coming up to 6 years of hard use and has never had anything calibrated and it's perfect.

FYI .. when you thought your drone was asking for compass recalibration, it was probably DJI's very badly worded warning message telling you that you'd placed the drone too close to something made of steel.
Recalibrating cannot fix that problem.
Switching the drone off and moving away from the problem is the right thing to do,
2021-8-8
Use props
IrishD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140951 ft
Ireland

Labroides Posted at 8-8 07:36
Normally, there's never a need to recalibrate the IMU.
My main drone is coming up to 6 years of hard use and has never had anything calibrated and it's perfect.

good to hear that !
i've been tempted to run the calibration just for the sake of it but at the same time was thinking that might just upset an already unproblematic drone, so i'll be leaving it alone now unless prompted

Thanks
2021-8-8
Use props
UKMoose
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

I've had My original Mavic Pro for 2 1/2 years, it was updated to the latest firmware by the person I bought it from and never had a problem, so if it aint broke don't mend it.
2021-8-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

IrishD Posted at 8-8 08:07
good to hear that !
i've been tempted to run the calibration just for the sake of it but at the same time was thinking that might just upset an already unproblematic drone, so i'll be leaving it alone now unless prompted

If there was a problem with the IMU calibration, you would know.
2021-8-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there IrishD. Good day and thank you for reaching out. You do not need to calibrate the said DJI drone's IMU unless the DJI Fly application tells you to or if the said DJI Drone experience any abnormal flight such as the said DJI drone is not flying straight. Thank you.
2021-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules