Old problem--still no solution?
738 8 2021-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skydriver
lvl.2
Flight distance : 686243 ft
United States

This general issue is not new but hoping someone has found a solution for a P4P gimbol tilting when the drone makes a turn in flight, and more so when it is stationary and revolving around its verticle axis, creating a very unlevel horizon. If you are rotating to the left, it will tilt left. Right turn, tilt right. After motion is stopped, gimbol will slowly come back to level. Tried all the usual recalibrations of the gimbol and the IMU--made no difference. Everything up to date. P4P is 5 years old and never has had this problem before now. Because of Covid, it has not been used much in the last 18 months. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

DJI_0096.jpg
DJI_0097.jpg
2021-8-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The solution is pretty simple.
You have to have the drone connected and powered on to do this, because the setting is in the drone itself.
Go to app settings, and click on the camera/gimbal icon to get to the Gimbal Settings
Right up at the top, yours is probably in FPV Mode
Change that to Follow Mode.
GS.jpg
2021-8-8
Use props
Skydriver
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for your idea. I checked and I am in the follow mode. If you have any other ideas, please let me know.
2021-8-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, Skydrive. Could you please try to adjust the gimbal through the gimbal setting?
How to enter Adjust Gimbal?
Launch the App and go to Gimbal Settings > Adjust Gimbal
Classifications of Adjust Gimbal
Roll: When the gimbal is unlevel, you could use this button to adjust the gimbal roll. Generally, a slight deviation (less than 3°) is acceptable. The adjustable range is from -10° to +10°.
Yaw: When the gimbal is skewed to the left (or right) after power-on, you could use this button to adjust the gimbal yaw.
Notes: There is no specific range value, and the specific value of the degree adjustment is not displayed in the app, but the gimbal is slightly adjusted after each tap, and there is an obvious change after several taps.
If you have any questions , please feel free to talk.
2021-8-8
Use props
Skydriver
lvl.2
United States

Hi DJI Wanda--thanks for your suggestion. For clarification, I assume that any gimbal adjustments made as you suggest would affect the gimbal all the time, not just when the drone is rotating or turning. Please recall that my issue is only when turning in flight or stationary and rotating  around the vertical axis.
2021-8-9
Use props
Skydriver
lvl.2
United States

Nothing I did fixed my tilting issue so I was advised by DJI to send it in for repair. The process was very quick and easy. Sent it on Tuesday, it was received Wednesday, diagnosed Thursday, repaired and shipped Friday, and I will receive it today, Saturday. They replaced these motors: Pitch -axis, Roll, Yaw-axis. They also found cracks in the landing gears and replaced those. One thing to note, I did not send the props with the unit so they charged me for two sets of new props ($13.00/set). They assumed that since I did not send them, I needed new ones. So if you send in your drone for service and don't want new props, either include your own props and/or tell them not to include new ones. My total cost was $156 including new props and two new landing gear.  I'll test fly later today. If you don't hear from me--all is good. Thank you.
2021-8-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thats not a bad price, cracks in the landing gear is something mine has too, look like stress fractures.
2021-8-14
Use props
Skydriver
lvl.2
United States

P4P was returned on time with excellent packing. It looked brand new with polished exterior. I was told, and it is correct, that a new serial number was assigned to the same drone and was found on a sticker in the battery compartment. The latest firmware was installed and the software was reset to factory defaults, so some items needed to be changed before the first test flight. Now flown twice and it works perfectly. All and all a good experience.
IMG_0310.jpg
2021-8-16
Use props
Skydriver
lvl.2
United States

P4P was returned on time with excellent packing. It looked brand new with polished exterior. I was told, and it is correct, that a new serial number was assigned to the same drone and was found on a sticker in the battery compartment. The latest firmware was installed and the software was reset to factory defaults, so some items needed to be changed before the first test flight. Now flown twice and it works perfectly. All and all a good experience.
2021-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules