1148 2 2021-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wannabewindsurf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1613465 ft
Switzerland

Hi Forum,
I'm looking for some advice on how to deal with some issues with my Mini 2. I've been flying it for a few months now (I am on a care refresh replacement after an incident with a tree) and lately I've been experiencing the black screen/app restart issue on almost every flight. While this is annoying it's not the end of the world as once the app restarts you can continue what you are doing. It is a pain if you were just about to shoot a photo when it goes blank and then your subject has moved out of frame by the time the app restarts.

However, yesterday when flying my drone completely lost connection with my drone. No matter what I tried to do I could not get access again. I tried everything, restarting the app, restarting the remote and ultimately gave up thinking I had lost my drone. After one of the restarts suddenly the remote started beeping and the drone reconnected as it was doing a critical battery return to home. Luckily I got my drone back, but I feel pretty lucky that it worked out this time and would like to avoid this happening again.

I was flying from the top of a cliff on the edge of a wood overlooking a lake and had a direct line of sight to the drone over the lake. The drone was about 500m from me when it lost connection and flying at about the same altitude as its launch height so about 15 to 20m over the water. The black screen happened first, but when it came back there was zero connection to the drone. All attempts to reconnect failed and I actually had accepted the drone was lost when it reconnected as it got close enough on the return to home.

Any ideas why the lost connection might have happened and how I can avoid this happening in the future?
2021-8-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and can you please fly your DJI Mini 2  to a different location to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference from the area. That might be the reason why you are experiencing these issues. In addition, I will post a diagram on how to get optimal transmission for your DJI Mini 2. Thank you.

2021-8-9
Use props
wannabewindsurf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1613465 ft
Switzerland

I am using a Sony Xperia 1 and had a direct line of sight to the drone the whole time. If the drone was at only 500m would it really drop out if it was just due to the angle of the antennas?
2021-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules