Facing a fear
652 1 2015-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
remltr
lvl.3

United States

I faced one of my fears today. Flying over water. Water, where had the craft gone down there would be no getting it back, because i was flying over a wetland.

To compound my jitters, it was windy, threatening to rain and I was flying next to Boeing Space Defense which concerned me with possible electronics emission. And not to mention power lines on two sides of the box shape I was flying in. I had flown in the area with a QX350 but never over the water.

I was nervous but confident that the Inspire would not fail me and it didn't, but I almost did.

After I landed I realized my biggest error in this flight. I forgot to extend the antennas. I am so used to flying with a Spektrum DX9 that I forget to put the antenna up. I would have no one to blame but myself had it gone down or flown away.

The video is no great chops and unedited. If you wait until towards the end you will see the darker and yellow Boeing buildings to the left and three new white Amazon distribution buildings which take up near a half mile and some zillion internal square feet. Across the street to the right is the Puget Sound beer distribution center.

2015-7-25
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Awesome!  Yeah, I remember the first time I flew over water and even worse, the first time I flew over a cliff!   I started about 5 times and chickened out!   By the end of the session I was just barrelling out in harm's way!

Quite a rush!
2015-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules