SOLVED DJI Pocket 2 Samsung Mobile WIFI connection problems
7065 23 2021-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
crogersscapes
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi
I have a solution for Samsung A12 mobile phone wifi connection problems that seems to have been overlooked, this COULD possibly have been overlooked for MANY other phones that cannot connect or have problems (though I cannot comfirm this)

I have a Samsung A12 mobile and could not get the WIFI from Pocket 2 register on this mobile device, I was however able to connect the samsung USB C to the Pocket 2 and get a direct connection that way no problem which was frustrating.
Flicking through the settings on the screen while connected this way I found that the WIFI frequency setting within the actual MIMO App was set at (AUTO) by default.
Changing this to 2GHz (the 5.8GHz option may also help) then restarting the Mimo app, the WIFI from the Pocket 2 connected to the phone with no problem, and I can now use the MIMO App to control the Pocket 2 completely on WIFI as it should.

As I say this may work for other Mobile phones also but definitely works with the Samsung A12 as I have tried with 2 different devices.
Hope this is of some help to anyone pulling their hair out because of WIFI issues with the Pocket 2 and MIMO app
Below is where you can find the WIFI setting within the MIMO app

crogersscapes@instagram

rsz_inkedscreenshot_20210809-110113_li.jpg
rsz_inkedscreenshot_20210809-105730_li.jpg
2021-8-9
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

I remember seeing mentions of the frequency setting before, however what might be the key information here is that you may need to restart the Mimo app for the setting to take effect.

I will update the information on my compatible phone and tablet compatibility threads at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=235190 and https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=237518 . Thank you for your observations.
2021-8-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there crogersscapes. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused you before and it is great to know that you have already resolved the said issue and providing us the way on how you rectified the said issue. Have a safe and a happy filming always.
2021-8-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice find.  Thanks for sharing.
2021-8-10
Use props
yves779
lvl.1
Flight distance : 576742 ft
Switzerland

Hello
I don't even have this option in the menu. Do I have to switch to an older version? I currently have 1.7.6, previously 1.7.4
Problem is, I can't connect to my Blackview BV6300pro. The device is found, but the connection fails. Of over 30 connection requests today, it only worked once. I don't see what the problem is. I reinstalled the app several times and restarted the smartphone without success.
I have the same menu as there in the picture (only the icons look different)
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid2350159
2021-11-20
Use props
yves779
lvl.1
Flight distance : 576742 ft
Switzerland

yves779 Posted at 11-20 12:46
Hello
I don't even have this option in the menu. Do I have to switch to an older version? I currently have 1.7.6, previously 1.7.4
Problem is, I can't connect to my Blackview BV6300pro. The device is found, but the connection fails. Of over 30 connection requests today, it only worked once. I don't see what the problem is. I reinstalled the app several times and restarted the smartphone without success.

I did it. All you have to do is take about two days and keep trying to connect. You have success every 30 to 40 times. Then go to the menu immediately, because then the option mentioned above will be displayed. So just switch to 2.4. It can still mess around a bit, but with a little patience you can connect more or less reliably
2021-11-22
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

yves779 Posted at 11-22 12:16
I did it. All you have to do is take about two days and keep trying to connect. You have success every 30 to 40 times. Then go to the menu immediately, because then the option mentioned above will be displayed. So just switch to 2.4. It can still mess around a bit, but with a little patience you can connect more or less reliably

Thank you for the tip, probably will be helpful for some people with this same problem. Also, glad to hear you got it working.

Sometimes patience and perseverance indeed pays off. :-)
2021-11-22
Use props
djiuser_CFMDjt1tT9hM
New

United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 11-22 14:11
Thank you for the tip, probably will be helpful for some peole with this same problem. Also, glad to hear you got it working.

Sometimes patience and perseverance indeed pays off. :-)

Hi
Glad you sorted it eventually, it can still be a pain I have noticed. I stopped using WIFI with the combo kit completely to be honest...I was having massive overheating of the unit every time..if it isn't one thing it's another I do regret buying the pocket more each day
2021-11-24
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

djiuser_CFMDjt1tT9hM Posted at 11-24 00:27
Hi
Glad you sorted it eventually, it can still be a pain I have noticed. I stopped using WIFI with the combo kit completely to be honest...I was having massive overheating of the unit every time..if it isn't one thing it's another I do regret buying the pocket more each day

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I'll have to admit that the overheating issue is something that is familiar to many forum members, and I have personally experienced it myself a couple of times too (though for me, one time was for using in a way not officially recommended by DJI and the other one was when shooting in a hot sunny day), and even DJI admits it to some extent (though they are saying it should stay in normal limits and be a completely normal occurence on some scenarios). It can be very off-putting.

Also sorry to hear your words in other meanings, your words sound like you are also disappointed in other issues with the Pocket 2. While I myself am mostly okay with the Pocket 2, it is that I mostly stick to FullHD resolution and can certainly see, for instance, that the omissions and imperfections related to the 4K shooting modes and HDR can be real turn-offs for those wishing to use those modes.
2021-11-24
Use props
djiuser_PYEAdriz3OCX
New
Japan

your a life saver
2022-8-5
Use props
Ganishka
New

Germany

Thank you so much, i was already planning on returning the Handle because i couldnt find an answer on why it won't connect. This has saved the Accessory for me.
Kind regards!
2022-10-18
Use props
fansafa3d8ec
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Ganishka Posted at 10-18 13:34
Thank you so much, i was already planning on returning the Handle because i couldnt find an answer on why it won't connect. This has saved the Accessory for me.
Kind regards!

No problem glad I could help
2022-10-18
Use props
fans74e5d336
lvl.1
Italy

I have been trying this as my device won't connect wifi, and the thread on compatible devices by @HGDC84 says to try this.  However the setting is just not there.  I have now installed each of the older versions, and it's not there.... so there's no way to get the app to use 2.4, which is what my device supports.  That kind of setting omission just seems crazy, who had that idea?!  "We'll make the pocket work on both wifi frequencies, but we won't allow users to select one of them....."  SMH
2023-3-27
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

fans74e5d336 Posted at 3-27 13:39
I have been trying this as my device won't connect wifi, and the thread on compatible devices by @HGDC84 says to try this.  However the setting is just not there.  I have now installed each of the older versions, and it's not there.... so there's no way to get the app to use 2.4, which is what my device supports.  That kind of setting omission just seems crazy, who had that idea?!  "We'll make the pocket work on both wifi frequencies, but we won't allow users to select one of them....."  SMH

I have a faint memory that the frequency setting might have been in a different menu before, somewhere under the "Profile" and "Settings" from the front page of the Mimo app (before connecting the device to a phone). The availability and the location of the option could possibly also depend on the version of Mimo app.

Which version are you using?
2023-3-28
Use props
fans74e5d336
lvl.1
Italy

HGDC84 Posted at 3-28 07:01
I have a faint memory that the frequency setting might have been in a different menu before, somewhere under the "Profile" and "Settings" from the front page of the Mimo app (before connecting the device to a phone). The availability and the location of the option could possibly also depend on the version of Mimo app.

I can only see the three different android versions from the download page, so I tried v1.8.16 for Android 8+, I then tried the version for below Android 8, which I think is 1.7.20.

I checked everywhere in app, under profile, device mgmt, I just can't see the wifi option anywhere...
2023-3-29
Use props
fans74e5d336
lvl.1
Italy

HGDC84 Posted at 3-28 07:01
I have a faint memory that the frequency setting might have been in a different menu before, somewhere under the "Profile" and "Settings" from the front page of the Mimo app (before connecting the device to a phone). The availability and the location of the option could possibly also depend on the version of Mimo app.

I checked on my normal phone, and I can change the freq there.  However then, when I access with the other 2.4 device (tablet), the connection seems to revert to 5.8.  It's really bizarre and very frustrating.  I made a video on it, as it's easier to explain/show that way.

Given how unreliable it is, what's the cheapest tablet or phone that's known to work?  I tried looking at some from the supported list, however they're all > £400 which is too much for a controller!
2023-3-29
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

fans74e5d336 Posted at 3-29 06:56
I can only see the three different android versions from the download page, so I tried v1.8.16 for Android 8+, I then tried the version for below Android 8, which I think is 1.7.20.

I checked everywhere in app, under profile, device mgmt, I just can't see the wifi option anywhere...

There are more app versions available at apkmirror.com. I'll have to see what is my version number, if there is a frequency setting on that, and where is it located. Will inform you later on if/when I find out.
2023-3-29
Use props
fans74e5d336
lvl.1
Italy

HGDC84 Posted at 3-29 11:57
There are more app versions available at apkmirror.com. I'll have to see what is my version number, if there is a frequency setting on that, and where is it located. Will inform you later on if/when I find out.

So now I can get to wifi settings on my 5.8 phone, and once I change to 2.4, I can see the wifi settings on the 2.4 device.  The really obvious problem here is that the settings are hidden when you connect directly, so if you have one 2.4 device, you can't set this up!

However the other problem is that it's constantly resetting to 5.8.
So, can get to the settings, but it's auto-resetting to 5.8....
2023-3-29
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

fans74e5d336 Posted at 3-29 23:10
So now I can get to wifi settings on my 5.8 phone, and once I change to 2.4, I can see the wifi settings on the 2.4 device.  The really obvious problem here is that the settings are hidden when you connect directly, so if you have one 2.4 device, you can't set this up!

However the other problem is that it's constantly resetting to 5.8.

That's a new one to me. Not entirely sure what causes it. I'll have to see in the near future which frequencies do my devices use (I'm using alternatively an Android Phone and an Android tablet). Will inform here when I've done it.
2023-3-30
Use props
fans74e5d336
lvl.1
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 3-30 12:12
That's a new one to me. Not entirely sure what causes it. I'll have to see in the near future which frequencies do my devices use (I'm using alternatively an Android Phone and an Android tablet). Will inform here when I've done it.

OK, I think I figured it out.  Whenever I connect with my 5.8 capable phone, it changes the pocket to use 5.8.... So in my video, after setting it to 2.4 on the phone, then connecting with 2.4 tablet, the phone was on the wifi of the pocket and then updated it, or forced it to switch back to 5.8.

I have set to 2.4 and then never again connected with phone, and the tablet is able to connect stably every time.  This does mean I can't easily switch between devices based on my needs....

What is still perhaps the most obvious oversight, is that without a 5.8 device, there's no way to set it to 2.4 to connect.  The wifi options only appear when connected wirelessly....

Thanks for all your help/support!
2023-3-31
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

fans74e5d336 Posted at 3-31 04:44
OK, I think I figured it out.  Whenever I connect with my 5.8 capable phone, it changes the pocket to use 5.8.... So in my video, after setting it to 2.4 on the phone, then connecting with 2.4 tablet, the phone was on the wifi of the pocket and then updated it, or forced it to switch back to 5.8.

I have set to 2.4 and then never again connected with phone, and the tablet is able to connect stably every time.  This does mean I can't easily switch between devices based on my needs....

That indeed does sound quite cumbersome. But I hope you can now circumvent around it now that you are getting to understand the complications better. And it's good to know if I was of help.
2023-4-1
Use props
fans74e5d336
lvl.1
Italy

HGDC84 Posted at 4-1 10:55
That indeed does sound quite cumbersome. But I hope you can now circumvent around it now that you are getting to understand the complications better. And it's good to know if I was of help.

This is still so painful... I have multiple issues even now, but I think I'll start a new thread...
2023-4-3
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

fans74e5d336 Posted at 4-3 08:09
This is still so painful... I have multiple issues even now, but I think I'll start a new thread...

Okay, I'll hope you get it solved. I can relate to the frustration caused by technical issues like this.
2023-4-3
Use props
djiuser_iOlexk6ptk0u
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108553 ft
Germany

Thanks you for sharing this!
2023-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules