Returned my I1
1221 7 2015-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lostinthezone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56732 ft
Canada

I bought an Inspire about 2 weeks ago and after much indecision I decided to return it to Best Buy (Canada), unused.  I also have a P3 Pro and even though it's butt ugly looking and has a few minor issues, it performs really well and seems to be very reliable.  There are simply not the same reports of flyaways that the Inspire has.  I was actually going to sell the P3 and keep the Inspire, but DJI support didn't have an answer for unregistering it.  They said it would have to remain linked to my account....  So, I figured with the flying season 3/4 over here in Canada that I'll just stick with the P3 and see what's new and improved next spring.      

I think there's maybe a gap between the P3 and I1 in terms of price and performance.  I would love to see something more along the size of the Chroma or Q500, but without the costly mechanics of the I1.  

Rob   
2015-7-25
Use props
f.maier
lvl.1

Austria

Hi Rob,

i think you look it from the wrong side...

it's not only mechanics making the inspire 1 more expensive ..

These two flight systems are different at all..

The Phantom 3 is a great small flight system with great features out of the box..

The Inspire 1 also but you get much more that you expect...

The differences are in detail...
The Inspire 1 is upgradable !

1.) If there will be new or better camera systems - you only need to change the cam with the gimbal.
2.) There will be ground station support for Inspire 1 within further upgrade.
3.) Inspire 1 camera has 360° moving ..
4.) Inspire 1 has two controller mode ( flight/cam )
5.) Inspire 1 has larger body which will get you ore precise and smoother flight moves
6.) There may be more Battery updates for Inspire 1 to improve flight time...

So .. if you compare P3 and inspire 1 you will see .. also with same camera quality ( not the same at all !!!! ) you can make better shots and videos... and in further time you can upgrade the inspire 1... the p3 will stay in its actual hardware .. if you want to upgrade later camera models... you have also the buy the new flight platform...

Al least you can say... you pay higer price for the inspire 1 but you will get some more features and later some upgrade possibilities...
2015-7-25
Use props
lostinthezone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56732 ft
Canada

f.maier Posted at 2015-7-26 10:57
Hi Rob,

i think you look it from the wrong side...

The P3 Pro does most of what I want right now.  Reliability vs cost is my #1 concern and the flyaway reports were just too numerous to ignore.  I just decided to play 'wait and see' for what happens with firmware and potential model improvements.  I'm just a hobbyist.

Rob
2015-7-25
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Hi Rob,
The P3 is great, I have one myself as well as the Inspire.

But I think the fly-away issue has been blown out of proportion as it's actually quite rare.

I know the forum makes it seem like a large percentage of owners are affected by it but it's actually quite small.

The Inspire is incredible and well worth the price difference if the features are of value to you.

But like I said, the P3 is great and for many people is the correct choice, just don't let the worry of fly-aways be the reason.
2015-7-26
Use props
keithh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22395 ft
United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-7-26 23:17
Hi Rob,

Well said, Jim. Very seldom do the people that never have an issue get on these forums and brag on it. Thus the negative feel on the forum.

Keith
P.S.  I guess I'm one that never brags, but I have never had any issues. period!
2015-7-26
Use props
enkhome
lvl.3
Flight distance : 273038 ft
Netherlands

I was also concernd about the fly aways and other problems posted however, I had also never ever any problem. No battery problems, no update problems, no transmitting failures etc.
With the latest firmware it is solid as a rock and how more you fly how more confident I get is my experience.

Maybe becourse I have used doxit gold to clean and protect all contacts and connetors also the battery contacts.
Expensive but the best also used for high end sound gear and coax connetions.  
http://www.amazon.com/DeoxITGOLD ... ioner/dp/B0015A7CYG  

2015-7-26
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-7-26 23:17
Hi Rob,

I agree well worth the difference in price I got rid of my p3 after a month and a half, the shell cracking did me in.
2015-7-26
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

the p3 is not ugly. it looks so good with the new decals
2015-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules