HELP - UNSTABLE TAKE OFF AFTER HOME REPAIRS
3352 11 2021-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paoletto_Rm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2615 ft
Italy

my mavic mini takes off wrong. After a bad crash my mavic mini had to replace the two rear arms. Now if I try to take off unfortunately the drone does not get up but already folds on the ground on one side almost as if one of the engines could not give the thrust for take off with the result that if I try to raise it it stalls and falls back down. (luckily I brought it with the propeller guards). what can it depend on? I state that after replacing the two rear arms included with new engines I also replaced all the propellers and recalibrated the drone. Help me please i dont want to buy another drone but if i can fix this one.

2021-8-10
Use props
Cryptic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1516709 ft
United States

So we’re you the one who replaced the arms or did DJI do it?
2021-8-10
Use props
Paoletto_Rm
lvl.1
Italy

i did that, with new original parts.
2021-8-10
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

This sounds like one of the prop(s) are spinning the wrong direction.
Are you sure that it is wired correctly, and the props rotate the correct direction?
The right front prop should rotate/lift the same direction as the left rear.
And accordingly, the left front should rotate/lift the same direction as the right rear.
Now I hope you can use the arm/motors that were undamaged as a"reference" to get things rotating the correct way.
The IMU depends on this....
2021-8-10
Use props
Paoletto_Rm
lvl.1
Italy

when replacing the rear arms I welded the wires in the same order as they were, but I was wondering 'is it possible that one of the two arms is for the mavic mini 2 and therefore has a different speed/direction of rotation? I kept the motors of the replaced arms, could I try to put those on?
2021-8-10
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

If you ordered one left rear, and one right rear (different part numbers?) You should be good, as you can't swap the left vs. right arm, correct?
If you have a buddy/friend with a Mavic Mini, verify which props rotate clockwise to lift, and which one rotate counter clockwise to lift.
And make sure that the diagonal opposed props lift in the same direction. (this is also how the control the yaw.(rotate clockwise vs counter clockwise...)
You said you calibrated the drone, did you do the IMU after the crash/repair? Are all sensor states in the green BEFORE trying to take off?
2021-8-10
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I replaced both front motors on another Mini and it worked well. It sounds like you wired incorrectly or have the wrong props installed.
In this photo, it looks like the circuit board is labeled with the wire colors (R, B, W), which are black at the ends, but colored farther away, unlike the front motor wires. Do the replacement rear motor wires look like that?

top removed.jpg
2021-8-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Paoletto_Rm. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since there was a crash that happened to your DJI Mavic Mini and you are experiencing this issue on your DJI Mavic Mini. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. Just a reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI drone to avoid further damaging the said unit. We hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank you.
2021-8-10
Use props
Paoletto_Rm
lvl.1
Italy

Thanks for the info. I checked carefully and the situation is this: the wires of the arms are soldered in the correct order as the circuit says. The motors rotate clockwise and counterclockwise crossed as they should be (left front with right rear and vice versa). When I try to lift the drone instead of detaching from the ground with the 4 arms at the same time, the right rear arm struggles and does not rise at the same time as the others as if it weighs more, I don't know if I can explain.
I was wondering if it could be because the folding rear support in which the arm is fixed has been folded?
2021-8-10
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

"I was wondering if it could be because the folding rear support in which the arm is fixed has been folded?"
Can you explain the above?

Did you do the IMU calibration?
If you did and it passed, I think it is possible that the crash damaged the motor drivers (transistors) for the right rear motor and they cannot deliver full power. It could be that the motor shorted in the crash and that affected the drivers on the circuit board. It's just a guess, but it is what I would suspect after all other possibilities are eliminated.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2836783 ... 63228.c101113.m2108

2021-8-11
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Paoletto_Rm Posted at 8-10 22:45
Thanks for the info. I checked carefully and the situation is this: the wires of the arms are soldered in the correct order as the circuit says. The motors rotate clockwise and counterclockwise crossed as they should be (left front with right rear and vice versa). When I try to lift the drone instead of detaching from the ground with the 4 arms at the same time, the right rear arm struggles and does not rise at the same time as the others as if it weighs more, I don't know if I can explain.
I was wondering if it could be because the folding rear support in which the arm is fixed has been folded?

Assemble the propguards, do a takeoff and record a short video so that you can see the behavior. If you did an IMU calibration and it still occurs, then it is also possible that one of the rear arms is defective ... even though it is new. Or could it be that it is a wrong one, from a Mini2 or Mini SE or not original from DJI?
2021-8-12
Use props
Paoletto_Rm
lvl.1
Italy

I solved guys! I double-checked all the propellers and noticed that one of the pairs mounted ( being new) had a very small cut that probably made the take off unstable. I replaced them with the third pair included in my flymore version and now the drone runs perfectly. I also updated the firmware.

thanks to everyone for the precious advices.
2021-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules