Newbie needs help
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans34e1577d
lvl.1
Paraguay

Hi. What an amazing machine is the Phantom. I have the Pro+ and am loving it. BUT it seems every time out I hsve more questions or problems. It had a control charging fault for which I took it to a local repairer (Paraguay). Long story, but this guy took a year and gave many excuses. When I finally got drone back I saw that he had been using it for commercial jobs. He ecen crashed it and left me with some scars on the machine. Could the problems I am experiencing be becsuse of the crash? They are - I cant find where to calibrate compas. The satelite map and Hybrid map dont work. Would appreciate any help.
2021-8-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since you are having this issue with your DJI Drone. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2021-8-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I cant find where to calibrate compass. The satelite map and Hybrid map dont work.
Neither of these would be a result of a crash.
Do you really need to calibrate the compass anyway?
You normally wouldn't need to recalibrate it unless you add/remove accessories or have the drone rebuilt.
The map is part of the app (not the drone) and needs wifi to download maps.
But it's not nessary for flying.

2021-8-10
Use props
fans34e1577d
lvl.1
Paraguay

Labroides Posted at 8-10 21:56
I cant find where to calibrate compass. The satelite map and Hybrid map dont work.
Neither of these would be a result of a crash.
Do you really need to calibrate the compass anyway?

thank you so much for reply. I always thought that a change of location was best to calibrate compass. I feel sure that previously I got access to Satelite and Hybrid maps. Worried that maybe something not working that should work.
2021-8-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans34e1577d Posted at 8-11 12:47
thank you so much for reply. I always thought that a change of location was best to calibrate compass. I feel sure that previously I got access to Satelite and Hybrid maps. Worried that maybe something not working that should work.

I always thought that a change of location was best to calibrate compass.
That's just a myth that DJI have contributed to with mistakes in their manuals.
Moving a couple of miles or a couple of thousand miles makes no difference to the compass calibration.
2021-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules