DJI Mini 2 Distance Restriction
3946 8 2021-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ulwSvXYeVilc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11974544 ft
United States

I have a Mini 2.  A couple of weeks ago I started getting distance restrictions on some of my flights.  When the drone reaches 6574 ft from the controller it comes to a dead stop and will not go any further. The distance reading lettering at the bottom of the screen goes from white to red.  It turns back to white when I reduce the distance.  Is this some new FAA rule?
2021-8-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to fly your DJI Mini 2 to a different location to see if the issue will persist. In addition kindly please try to check the said location for this DJI link ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map ) to see if the said location is free to fly your DJI drone of if the said location is an No Fly Zone ( NFZ ). Thank you.
2021-8-11
Use props
djiuser_ulwSvXYeVilc
lvl.2
United States

I flew from a fly free zone and still get stopped dead 6573 ft out.  Distance reading at bottom left turns red and I get an audio “Maximum flight distance has been reached.”
2021-8-16
Use props
djiuser_ulwSvXYeVilc
lvl.2
United States

Here’s a screen shot.

https://youtu.be/0gzZLFKwh44
2021-8-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is it set in the app? under the safety section??

Looks like you was fighting some serious wind too, looking at the flight attitude, sports mode at 17mph lol and that gimbal is crazily bent out of shape, needs a calibration me thinks
2021-8-17
Use props
Mini2 Flyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4347785 ft
Australia

djiuser_ulwSvXYeVilc Posted at 8-16 12:46
I flew from a fly free zone and still get stopped dead 6573 ft out.  Distance reading at bottom left turns red and I get an audio “Maximum flight distance has been reached.”

Hi djiuser_ulwSvXYeVilcand, thank you for posting these information. Could you please check said DJI Fly app and confirm if said distance setting is set at "no limit"? It seems as though the said setting is restricting your flight distance and needs to be changed to no limit. Keep us updated and have a happy and safe flights always.
2021-8-17
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

djiuser_ulwSvXYeVilc Posted at 8-16 12:46

Check this:
2021-8-18
Use props
djiuser_ulwSvXYeVilc
lvl.2
United States

That fixed it.  I had accidently knocked the max distance setting off of no limit.  Feel like the village idiot for not catching that myself.  Thank you all for the assist!  This DJI forum is nice.
2021-8-18
Use props
djiuser_kk2U4nN307zz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34708 ft
United States

Mini2 Flyr Posted at 8-17 04:57
Hi djiuser_ulwSvXYeVilcand, thank you for posting these information. Could you please check said DJI Fly app and confirm if said distance setting is set at "no limit"? It seems as though the said setting is restricting your flight distance and needs to be changed to no limit. Keep us updated and have a happy and safe flights always.

Yes it is set at no limit. It only does this if I try to fly without cell or wifi service.
2021-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules