Mini 2 Video Quality
1231 15 2021-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ailok_Konem
lvl.1

Romania

Hello. I just recived my brand new Mini 2 and today i took it for its first flight. After looking at the videos on my computer i noticed that the quality is very good when you fly straight but really bad when you take a curbe, of fly in an angle. Anyone else noticed this and it is normal, some settings i need to do or?
Thank you for your responses.
2021-8-11
Use props
steamship
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229180 ft
Russia

Is it possible to upload a short video of the issues? Also, can you provide details of what settings you were using when recording e.g. resolution, FPS, EV, are you using any filters. From that, some people might be able to make suggestions.
2021-8-11
Use props
Ailok_Konem
lvl.1

Romania

steamship Posted at 8-11 05:25
Is it possible to upload a short video of the issues? Also, can you provide details of what settings you were using when recording e.g. resolution, FPS, EV, are you using any filters. From that, some people might be able to make suggestions.

Thatnk you for your response. I uploaded a bit from a video on youtube (don't know other sites). And its visible in the video. Every time i angle the camera the it looks without detail and as soon as i fly straight i gett all the detail i need.
I was flying in 4k res 30fps, no other change in settings and no filter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onc80WRu1hg
2021-8-11
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Ailok_Konem Posted at 8-11 07:13
Thatnk you for your response. I uploaded a bit from a video on youtube (don't know other sites). And its visible in the video. Every time i angle the camera the it looks without detail and as soon as i fly straight i gett all the detail i need.

For one, you are flying in FPV mode, try Follow Me mode.
2021-8-11
Use props
Ailok_Konem
lvl.1

Romania

Mobilehomer Posted at 8-11 07:21
For one, you are flying in FPV mode, try Follow Me mode.

I did. In FPV mode the disturbance is heavies indeed, But even in Cine mode the i turn the drone everything is slightly blury. As soon as i fly straight is all clear.
2021-8-11
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

Ailok_Konem Posted at 8-11 07:36
I did. In FPV mode the disturbance is heavies indeed, But even in Cine mode the i turn the drone everything is slightly blury. As soon as i fly straight is all clear.

Try to turn a bit slower and I am sure it will be OK.
2021-8-11
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

kyalami Posted at 8-11 08:12
Try to turn a bit slower and I am sure it will be OK.

I can turn violently and the software will handle it without a glitch!
2021-8-11
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Too much change of information (fast motion with details) causes some blurring in the encoded files.
2021-8-11
Use props
Frank Alonso
Second Officer
Flight distance : 785049 ft
United States

Ailok_Konem Posted at 8-11 07:13
Thatnk you for your response. I uploaded a bit from a video on youtube (don't know other sites). And its visible in the video. Every time i angle the camera the it looks without detail and as soon as i fly straight i gett all the detail i need.

A couple of things would help.  

1) FPV is not really good for video IMHO.  I find it nifty but it feels like a video game.
2) Make sure your gimble settings are slow and smooth for cinema mode.  That means turning down the speed and turning up the smoothness.  

Take a few test videos, like before and after.  I think you will like the results with it slower and smoother.  
2021-8-11
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Ailok_Konem Posted at 8-11 07:36

Did you accidentally fly in FPV mode? The FPV mode is very bad, I've tried it many times, but it was shaky and choppy every time. The real FPV effect is not possible anyway, because the drone hardly tilts, especially not in C mode. Because of the blury video .... try a lower resolution 1920x1080. The video bitrate is way too low for 4k and fast movements I think.
2021-8-11
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

jonny007 Posted at 8-11 11:54
Did you accidentally fly in FPV mode? The FPV mode is very bad, I've tried it many times, but it was shaky and choppy every time. The real FPV effect is not possible anyway, because the drone hardly tilts, especially not in C mode. Because of the blury video .... try a lower resolution 1920x1080. The video bitrate is way too low for 4k and fast movements I think.

At 100Mbps the video bitrate is adequate for 4K 30 fps, if utilized properly. The problem is the processor of the Mini2; it simply cannot compress efficiently if there is a lot to compress. That is the only thing that I miss from my old Mavic Air, it did a much better job with high detail or fast motion shots....
2021-8-11
Use props
Spudster17
lvl.2
Flight distance : 199810 ft
United States

Where are you getting this video from? From your phone or off of the SD card? If from your phone that is low quality video, should use the files on the SD card.
2021-8-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Johnny_J Posted at 8-11 08:21
I can turn violently and the software will handle it without a glitch!

Show us something then in 4k @30fps in FPV mode, would love to see your clear edges when cornering
2021-8-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Ailok_Konem. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Can you please to fly and try turning your DJI Mini 2 slower to see if the issue will still persist? Please keep us posted. Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-8-11
Use props
Pinarek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41191 ft

Germany

I have the same problem with the Mini2. Whether in FPV or follow-up mode, when panning the camera,
the image is blurred when recording on SD card. Sharp videos are only possible when the gimbal has come to a standstill.
Are there any remedial tips for this?
2021-8-13
Use props
CallMeAlan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Turn VERY slowly!
2021-8-13
Use props
Advanced