1388 14 2021-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TiBroX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57743 ft
France

Hello,
During a recent trip to Iceland, I found a very damaged DJI drone on a beach.
I recovered the sd card but I made the mistake to leave the drone on the beach because it was rusty and really broken. I think it was a mistake because it probably would have made it easier to find its owner.
On the videos on the SD card, I looked at the exif data and there is an S/N number. I'm thinking that maybe it will help to find the owner.
There are also ".fseventsd", "trash" and "misc" folders on the SD card with log files and idx files that might be useful.
I will be able to give him his travel videos, which will be a lesser evil I think.
Thanks to you if someone from DJI can help me.
Best regards.

2021-8-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Nothing on the SD card, except the pictures would be of any help tracking the owner.
2021-8-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there TiBroX. Good day and thank you for these information that you have given. As posted above I am sorry to say that the microSD card only contains photos and videos captured by the owner of the said DJI drone. Thank you for kindness and have a nice day.
2021-8-11
Use props
TiBroX
lvl.1
France

Labroides Posted at 8-11 15:41
Nothing on the SD card, except the pictures would be of any help tracking the owner.

So what you are saying is that the S/N field found in the metadata of the video files is not the serial number of the drone?

2021-8-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

TiBroX Posted at 8-11 22:26
So what you are saying is that the S/N field found in the metadata of the video files is not the serial number of the drone?

[view_image]

It's probably the serial number of the camera rather than the drone.
Good luck trying to track that to an owner.
2021-8-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Not sure if this can be done.
2021-8-12
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There might be a chance of a log on the mSD card, have a look at post #13 in https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... 91756/#post-1035329
2021-8-12
Use props
TiBroX
lvl.1
France

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-12 10:48
There might be a chance of a log on the mSD card, have a look at post #13 in https://mavicpilots.com/threads/logs-inside-the-sd-card-i-want-to-know.91756/#post-1035329

Thanks, I'm exploring this with the fc_log file
2021-8-12
Use props
fansc8dca8e3
New
Flight distance : 1709 ft
Estonia

Same for me. I found a drone in a waterfall and I want to return it. I have s/n number. I have plates of their car and they are from Switzerland. Can someone help me to give them their drone back?
2021-8-14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

fansc8dca8e3 Posted at 8-14 14:12
Same for me. I found a drone in a waterfall and I want to return it. I have s/n number. I have plates of their car and they are from Switzerland. Can someone help me to give them their drone back?

If someone flew their drone without making any effort to mark it with contact details, you should make a similar (lack of) effort to return it.
They didn't really want it returned.
2021-8-14
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansc8dca8e3 Posted at 8-14 14:12

It sounds like they really value their privacy and want to keep that secret. I would respect that and keep/sell the drone ;-)
2021-8-14
Use props
TiBroX
lvl.1
France

I wanted to tell you that I contacted the DJI support chat.
He confirmed to me that the SN was valid and that they would contact the owner.
The owner of the drone contacted me today   
and I will be able to send him his videos of his vacations in Iceland.
2021-8-16
Use props
genmar
New

Canada

GaryDoug Posted at 8-14 18:33
It sounds like they really value their privacy and want to keep that secret. I would respect that and keep/sell the drone ;-)

Well, I don't think it's a matter of privacy, but simple courtesy, especially, for the person that may have lost it belongings, I better approves the benevolent person who makes the extra step to return the good (or souvenirs)... Secrecy would refer to a situation where the drone could have broken some law.  So who are we to states such?
2021-8-24
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

genmar Posted at 8-24 07:21
Well, I don't think it's a matter of privacy, but simple courtesy, especially, for the person that may have lost it belongings, I better approves the benevolent person who makes the extra step to return the good (or souvenirs)... Secrecy would refer to a situation where the drone could have broken some law.  So who are we to states such?

What are you talking about? I was referring to the person who lost the drone wanting privacy because they did not mark it with any identifying information, not the other way :-( So you don't want them to have any privacy huh?
2021-8-24
Use props
djiuser_STWpPmJ8Qb8r
lvl.2
Flight distance : 77438 ft
Canada

TiBroX Posted at 8-16 05:20
I wanted to tell you that I contacted the DJI support chat.
He confirmed to me that the SN was valid and that they would contact the owner.
The owner of the drone contacted me today   

Glad you were able to help them out.
2021-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules