Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi folks

My mate and i was just outside of the Authorisation Zone as per the UK's official flight aware app Drone Assist seethe 3rd image. I also checked the DJI's Fly Safe map online before I left home and we were outside of the Authorisation
Zone. Please see the 1st image of DJI"s Fly Safe map showing that where we took off and flew only around the water
feature in front of us, the red circle is where we took off, we flew along the river for a few hundred meters and over
both bodies of water north and south of the Home Point. Also, please see the 2nd image from the actual DJI Fly app.
A few questions on the matter,

• Why DJI Fly maps and DJI Geo Zone - Fly Safe maps different?
  • why would it pop up asking for me to authorise myself when i could cancel and fly
    anyway, and why when I we were a fair distance from the AZ area?
  • when I 1st tried to authorise myself, it asked for a phone number,  I tried my mobile number
    but ''computer says nooo'', so I tried home number and it said to come back later as i'd tried
    too many times, I'd only tried once, wow, not too strict is it lol so which number does it want?
  • is it self authorise or do I have apply for this before leaving home?

1st image

1st image

2nd image

2nd image

3rd image

3rd image
2021-8-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bashy. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. For us to be able to assist you, kindly please send an email to our DJI Flysafe department at flysafe@dji.com for us to be able to assist you further with regards to this matter. Thank you.
2021-8-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-11 22:25
Hello there Bashy. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. For us to be able to assist you, kindly please send an email to our DJI Flysafe department at  for us to be able to assist you further with regards to this matter. Thank you.

Thanks, i will just point them to this thread, be easier than repeating myself  

What about going about authorising the zone myself, what does it entail please, do i need CAA certification fo the outer zones?
2021-8-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks like you were in an advanced authorisation zone,   just popping in a mobile number in international format should be all you need to do.

You can also unlock the other zones in advance here - https://www.dji.com/uk/flysafe/self-unlock
2021-8-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 8-11 23:57
Looks like you were in an advanced authorisation zone,   just popping in a mobile number in international format should be all you need to do.

[view_image]

Thanks, I tried that, it said it failed, so i tried again and it said i'd done it too many times and to try later lol
Thing is, why does this not show on the UK CAA Drone Assist app?
2021-8-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 8-12 03:42
Thanks, I tried that, it said it failed, so i tried again and it said i'd done it too many times and to try later lol
Thing is, why does this not show on the UK CAA Drone Assist app?

Did you enter the number in international format +44 7974 XXXXXX sort of thing,  Note the missing zero
2021-8-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 8-12 03:47
Did you enter the number in international format +44 7974 XXXXXX sort of thing,  Note the missing zero

not the 1st time, it clicked i screwed up and did it right the 2nd time and that's when it gave me the  ,,i,,
2021-8-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Actually, im confusing myself, i think i put home number 1st that's what auto inserted when it showed up, then I did the mobile number but included the 0
and it was the 3rd try when I excluded the 0 when it gave me the ,,i,,
2021-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules