Help Selecting Video Editing WIndows Desktop PC
508 6 2021-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rkruz3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 204049 ft
United States

Ive started using LUTs and my laptop is just not up to it, its so slow I cant use LUTs.
I  want to get a desktop computer for video editing because I think that  would have flexiblity to add the best video card, expand memory and  storage and have dual drives.
Can you suggest a built desktop that has the horsepower to do Video Editing?

Thank you

2021-8-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there rkruz3. Good day and thank you for this inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilot on what is the best 3rd party software they are using and with regards to this matter. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2021-8-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The easiest option, IMO, is to look on-line for a good gaming PC. There are usually quite a few competing for your dollar, and almost any one of them will be good for video editing. Perhaps select one that has a moderate graphics card.

I built mine using a Corsair case and power supply, a middle range Asus gaming motherboard, 6 core CPU and Radeon GPU card. It runs Blackmagic Resolve perfectly.
2021-8-11
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

AMD Ryzen 7 + Noctua or other good cooler, a good MB from Asus, 32 Gb Ram (pair of 2x 16Gb), computer case with 3 fans at least, a very good power source >650W (take care as a lot are fake), Nvidia GTX 1660 TI 6Gb ram, 2 x SSD at least 500Gb each (one SSD for windows and final work, one SSD for Buffering), one ultra Wide Monitor (LG probably with IPS) capable of HDR.

This will work also on Premiere Pro and After Effects, the Resolve works on slower PC's, but Adobe suite needs a lot of power.
2021-8-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you thought about using proxies to edit the footage,   it will add some time adding and exporting but the actual edit will be a lot quicker.
2021-8-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Another good option and one that’s extremely fast with 4K and incredibly versatile. But requires an iPad “LumaFusion “ it’s a tremendous piece of software that works exceptionally well with drone videos. It’s quick which a huge amount of options you will need including luts .
It’s priced on the App Store for a once off payment of $25 and is great value . Editing on iPad is simple and editing on the move is great .
2021-8-12
Use props
rkruz3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 204049 ft
United States

thanks for the tips.
2021-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules