Smart Controller out of stock for months now
4128 7 2021-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Axyl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4304 ft
United Kingdom

I'm looking to purchase a Smart Controller as the standard remote + mobile phone isn't really ideal imo.

However, the smart controller has been out of stock for months now. I've set multiple Back In Stock reminders and have yet to hear anything back from them. I check the store page almost daily.

This is nuts. Is it normal for a product to be out of stock for so long? Do we know a reason why? Is there any idea when it might be available for purchase again? I am not willing to spend an extra £200+ to buy one from a 3rd party seller via Amazon etc, so I feel like i'm kinda SoL.

Any ideas or thoughts?
2021-8-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Seems to be related to the semi conductor shortage although the speculation is it's replacement will launch along side the Mavic pro 3 which could be soon or early next year.
2021-8-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Axyl. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. As of the moment, we do not have any time frame when will it be available. If ever it will be available it will be posted on our official DJI online store at https://store.dji.com/product/dji-smart-controller?vid=48911. In addition you may click the In Stock Reminder tab on the said page for us to be able to send you a notification as soon as we have the item in stock. Thank you.
2021-8-12
Use props
Mr. Strat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4542854 ft
United States

I ordered my Smart Controller on June 16th of this year and got it a few days later.

It's ridiculously priced but I much prefer it to using a cell phone or tablet.
2021-8-12
Use props
Axyl
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-12 18:41
Hello there Axyl. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. As of the moment, we do not have any time frame when will it be available. If ever it will be available it will be posted on our official DJI online store at https://store.dji.com/product/dji-smart-controller?vid=48911. In addition you may click the In Stock Reminder tab on the said page for us to be able to send you a notification as soon as we have the item in stock. Thank you.

"If ever it will be available it will be posted on our official DJI online store"

If ever? So, you're saying there is at least a chance that the Smart Controller will never be back in stock? Am I understanding that correctly?
2021-8-13
Use props
Axyl
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Mr. Strat Posted at 8-12 19:07
I ordered my Smart Controller on June 16th of this year and got it a few days later.

It's ridiculously priced but I much prefer it to using a cell phone or tablet.

That's great 'n all, but I'm guessing you're in the USA somewhere?

I'm in the UK and it's been listed as Out Of Stock for months.

Just because you're not having a problem doesn't mean a problem doesn't exist.

Anyways, it's moot now, I bought one from ebay and had it imported from the States.
2021-9-1
Use props
djiuser_N8EFTZUEYUiK
New

Malaysia

It's funny that DJI cannot even give us a definite time as to when the smart controllers will be available again! No forward planning?
2021-12-6
Use props
djiuser_Ni5gVYZrFGpd
New
Switzerland

Indeed, this is nuts. I am in Switzerland and none of the official dealers has the DJI Smart Controller available. I contacted DJI support and they just told me that this item is now terminated. Apparently there is no other option available. It is a really very bad situation. Anyone with a solution please let us know.
2022-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules