Terrain following on Lidar missions
1411 4 2021-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aebrilievi
lvl.4
Italy

HI all.
The terrain following option based on DSM data appear to be disabled in lidar mission planning.
Is this correct?
For what reason?
Will it be implemented in the future?

Thanks!
2021-8-13
Use props
djiuser_y646B7JWAcfo
lvl.1

Vietnam

Is there any alternative currently available?
The terrain in my country has a very large difference in altitude, if there is no solution to fly according to the terrain, the L1 is not really feasible.
Thanks all
2021-8-15
Use props
anejojoe
lvl.2
United States

What do you use to create DSM's for your terrain following missions? I've tried a couple of things and have never got it to work. Most of the site I fly are pretty flat so it's not critical but we do have some where it would be nice to have instead of creating multiple flight plans to cover it. The only other thing I've found that seems to work well with the M300 is UgCS. I'm just not willing to go there yet.
2023-2-16
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

anejojoe Posted at 2-16 06:26
What do you use to create DSM's for your terrain following missions? I've tried a couple of things and have never got it to work. Most of the site I fly are pretty flat so it's not critical but we do have some where it would be nice to have instead of creating multiple flight plans to cover it. The only other thing I've found that seems to work well with the M300 is UgCS. I'm just not willing to go there yet.

The function was fixed in the last update in May 2022.Page 1:
DJI_L1_Release_Notes_en_20220511.pdf (djicdn.com)

You can use any photogrammetry or pointcloud post-processing software to generate a DSM from your data. Or use a national database if it exists, Or simply use SRTM.
Important is to use WGS84 with geographic coordinates.

Page 21 :
DJI L1 Operation Guidebook V1.1 20220704.pdf (djicdn.com)

2023-2-16
Use props
aebrilievi
lvl.4
Italy

LV_Forestry Posted at 2-16 22:12
The function was fixed in the last update in May 2022.Page 1:
DJI_L1_Release_Notes_en_20220511.pdf (djicdn.com)

Yes thanks.
I am using this feature successfully and easily; SRTM downloaded on the fly for "not so low" flight in rolling hills, and previously created accurate DSM for "very low" flight.
2023-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules