Installation error code (3110)
1941 3 2021-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068376 ft
Bangladesh

Unboxed my Air 2S and linked to the RC, Fly app prompted FlySafe Database update that completed successfully. Then Firmware update starts and got stuck at 40% with "Installation error code (3110)". The aircraft status indicator was lit Red solid (means Critical Error according to the manual).

No matter what I did, the update process started and froze at 40%! A quick search on google shows similar incidents with different codes having the users send their drones back and get a replacement unit. This is not an option for me as I have imported with to my country.

But the good news is that it's now been solved right before I was preparing to try the DJI Assistant 2 . Below are the steps that worked for me -

1. Only the wifi was connected to the internet throughout the whole process for my mobile device (LG V30 running Android 8.0).

2. After the first couple of failed attempts, I went to the Profile settings from the Fly app and removed both the FlySafe Database update and Firmware update cache, and turned the Data collection by DJI option On (very last toggle and optional. naturally I had it disabled when DJI Fly app was installed).

3. Then I re-linked the aircraft to the RC even it was linked at that moment.

4. Went to Go Fly > About > FlySafe Database update check (successful on one go again) > Aircraft Firmware check and the whole process started again.

5. DJI shows you to wait for about 8-9 minutes whereas I was sitting since the update screen to Firmware update successful message that took about 13-15 minutes. So you have to be patient if it takes a little longer than what our 'trusty' friend is trying to tell you there. and Done!

** The lower part of the aircraft was very hot.
** Aircraft restarted at least three times.
** When the RC is updating you will notice that the middle two LEDs are dancing.
** Even after I powered off the RC, the mobile device still recognized it as a power source & tried to charge it back for some reason. Went away the moment I disconnected the cable.

I hope it helps people like me who just got their first drone and biting nails when things are not going the way DJI tells it would be. Fix the d**n surprises DJI !!

2021-8-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad you got it figured out.  I'm sure you'll enjoy your new Air 2S.  Fly safely and have a great weekend.
2021-8-14
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068376 ft
Bangladesh

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-14 04:46
Glad you got it figured out.  I'm sure you'll enjoy your new Air 2S.  Fly safely and have a great weekend.

So many other problems started to pop up and I keep going through them one by one. I guess that's how newbies gather experience Thanks DowntownRDB
2021-8-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

dreamtuner Posted at 8-14 08:03
So many other problems started to pop up and I keep going through them one by one. I guess that's how newbies gather experience  Thanks DowntownRDB

You're very welcome.  

Everyday is a new learning experience.  
2021-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules