Care vs Care Express (Mini 2 went for a Swim)
7827 7 2021-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JonathanB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1775089 ft
United States

I was flying my Mini 2 yesterday when a pine tree jumped out of nowhere, grabbed it, and threw it into a swimming pool!!!

Now, my dried-out Mini 2 is fully intact with no visible damage. But... you know... it won't turn on.

Do you guys recommend the standard DJI Care, or Care Express? It's a little unclear on the difference other than them quoting a price to fix it. Is there ANY chance with water damage that the repair price is going to be worth not using up one of my replacements?
2021-8-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there. Sorry for the confusion. DJI Care Refresh is the service plan while the DJI Care Refresh Express is the service option. With the Express Option, after receiving your damaged product, DJI repair center would skip the damage assessment and quotation process, then ship a replacement product to you as soon as possible. To enjoy DJI Care Express, you only need to fill in an application form for DJI Care Express and pay the replacement fees. Hope this clarifies. Thank you.

DJI Care Express
2021-8-13
Use props
JonathanB
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 8-13 08:47
Hi there. Sorry for the confusion. DJI Care Refresh is the service plan while the DJI Care Refresh Express is the service option. With the Express Option, after receiving your damaged product, DJI repair center would skip the damage assessment and quotation process, then ship a replacement product to you as soon as possible. To enjoy DJI Care Express, you only need to fill in an application form for DJI Care Express and pay the replacement fees. Hope this clarifies. Thank you.

DJI Care Express

Thank you for your response, but it doesn't clarify it for me at all.

What is the difference between a service plan and a service option? I don't understand. I "think" what you're trying to say is that you buy DJI Care Refresh as an insurance plan, but when you actually use that plan which you've purchased it's through the "DJI Care Refresh Express" service page. Is that correct?

I separately saw this page and am not clear on how that differs from the service at the link you sent me: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2021-8-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

JonathanB Posted at 8-13 08:57
Thank you for your response, but it doesn't clarify it for me at all.

What is the difference between a service plan and a service option? I don't understand. I "think" what you're trying to say is that you buy DJI Care Refresh as an insurance plan, but when you actually use that plan which you've purchased it's through the "DJI Care Refresh Express" service page. Is that correct?

If DJI Care Refresh has been purchased for the product then DJI Care Refresh Express (service option) can be requested. DJI Care Refresh offers up to two replacement services. Either refresh express or normal replacement can be used for replacement.

Difference of the service plan and service option:
1. DJI Care is the service plan (after-sales service plan)
2. Service option feature is the DJI Care Express which skips the damage assessment and quotation process.

The link you've provided is for regular repairs. The link I gave you is for DJI Care Refresh Express replacement feature. Please note that DJI Care Refresh Express provides you with an effective express replacement, which will greatly shorten the time required for replacement.
2021-8-13
Use props
JonathanB
lvl.1
United States

Thank you! That makes a lot more sense. One last question... why would one pick the normal replacement service option instead of express? Is there an additional charge for express? When should one pick the normal replacement and when should one pick the express replacement?

Especially in my case... water damage. Does one make more sense than the other?
2021-8-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

JonathanB Posted at 8-13 10:44
Thank you! That makes a lot more sense. One last question... why would one pick the normal replacement service option instead of express? Is there an additional charge for express? When should one pick the normal replacement and when should one pick the express replacement?

Especially in my case... water damage. Does one make more sense than the other?

There's no additional charge for choosing refresh express. If the unit is under warranty, damage assessment can be done and data analysis can be performed to determine the cause of any incident. If the assessment shows that DJI is responsible for the product's issue under warranty, your product will be repaired or replaced for free. However, if found to be a users error and has DJI Care, you can request to use your service plan instead of having it repaired. That is how a normal procedure goes. On the other hand, you can request the refresh express replacement if you want to skip the damage assessment and quotation which shortens the time required for replacement.

Thank you.

2021-8-13
Use props
djiuser_yyHZWZ7cPde1
New
Malaysia

Hello. I have a DJI Mini 2 that went for a swim. I used the Quickshot function and usually after the shot ended, it will hover and stays at the original position but in my case it didn't and instead landed in the water. is this considered the pilot's fault and can you help me with this matter. And also I'm from Malaysia. I contacted DJI Malaysia Repair Service Center and they said that they wont accept water damaged drone. If that is the case, where am i supposed to send my drone for inspection and repair? thanks.
2021-11-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_yyHZWZ7cPde1 Posted at 11-6 07:13
Hello. I have a DJI Mini 2 that went for a swim. I used the Quickshot function and usually after the shot ended, it will hover and stays at the original position but in my case it didn't and instead landed in the water. is this considered the pilot's fault and can you help me with this matter. And also I'm from Malaysia. I contacted DJI Malaysia Repair Service Center and they said that they wont accept water damaged drone. If that is the case, where am i supposed to send my drone for inspection and repair? thanks.

Hi there. We have replied to your PM. Thank you for your patience.
2021-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules