875 8 2021-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

From my experience w/ Yagis on the Smart Controller I know 100% it makes a difference.  I got one for the Mini 2.
2021-8-13
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

With yagis you will have a more tight directional angle to the direktion your are pointing to and need to be more precise with the direction that your RC is pointing to.
This might help on long distance flights but not really on VLOS flights.
2021-8-13
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MySky Posted at 8-13 10:04
With yagis you will have a more tight directional angle to the direktion your are pointing to and need to be more precise with the direction that your RC is pointing to.
This might help on long distance flights but not really on VLOS flights.

I've even tried w/ my back towards, and it works the same.   The real benefit is when you need to fly a certain area and the signal works when it wouldn't w/o.  Sometimes need to switch to 2.4 or 5.8 as one or the other makes it grey out still.  Had some jobs way back with Huge mall property so the radius was at least 700m in suburban.  Without the antennas, even 110m can result in a cut-out.
2021-8-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Easy to install?
2021-8-13
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

yeah but I don't think it did much
2021-8-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 8-13 11:43

Curious.  You see such high claims on these usually.
2021-8-13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 8-13 11:43

Quote: ''I've even tried w/ my back towards, and it works the same.   The real benefit is when you need to fly a certain area and the signal works when it wouldn't w/o.  Sometimes need to switch to 2.4 or 5.8 as one or the other makes it grey out still.  Had some jobs way back with Huge mall property so the radius was at least 700m in suburban.  Without the antennas, even 110m can result in a cut-out.''

Which is it?
2021-8-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Quote: ''I've even tried w/ my back towards, and it works the same.

In that case, the 'Yagi' is not doing anything at all. The main function of a correct Yagi antenna is to focus the signal footprint to wards the front.
2021-8-13
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

No doubt it can penetrate when you need it the most.  Switching between 2.4 and 5.8 should fix it but I left it on dual (lazy).  Should always run Yagis when you can imo.  When you fly recreationally you can fly through a signal loss hoping it would hop to one that is more solid or you can just stop flying that area.  Commercially, sometimes you are forced to fly through and Yagis make it happen.  I've tried some jobs w/o and it's super bad.  I always run Yagis no matter what.
2021-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules