DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2 Remote Controller not connecting to drone
3484 8 2021-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
8p6fjn6916kK
lvl.1
Nigeria

Remote controller (with iPhone SE) will not connect to drone. First, Controller and DJI Go 4 started. Then, drone switched on. After initialisation, solid red light on both drone and controller, and “Disconnected” displayed on DJI Go 4. But if I then link the controller to laptop running DJI Assistant 2 and select the product, all of a sudden the solid red lights on drone and controller disappear and controller connects to drone. I can then unplug the laptop and fly the drone without switching it off. The drone still reconnects after switching it off and on provided I have not switched off the controller yet. Once I switch off the controller and try to start over, I must then connect the laptop and DJI Assistant 2 again.

I have updated and refreshed the firmware on both controller and drone using DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom 4; reset the drone to factory defaults and re-updated it; followed the procedure to relink controller and drone; charged and changed batteries; no change. Drone never crashed before and had worked flawlessly for moths before with same phone.

Any help?
2021-8-13
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wrong Forum...You'll probably have better luck posting in the Phantom 4 Section?
2021-8-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Double post ?
2021-8-13
Use props
8p6fjn6916kK
lvl.1
Nigeria

jmb63 Posted at 8-13 11:17
Wrong Forum...You'll probably have better luck posting in the Phantom 4 Section?

Reposted in the products section under Phantom 4 Pro.
2021-8-13
Use props
8p6fjn6916kK
lvl.1
Nigeria

DAFlys Posted at 8-13 11:20
Double post ?

Reposted in the products section under phantom 4 pro  as suggested.
2021-8-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

8p6fjn6916kK Posted at 8-13 11:37
Reposted in the products section under phantom 4 pro  as suggested.

Good plan.  
2021-8-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to check the overall status of the aircraft and check what is the specific error message there? Also, kindly please provide us the firmware version of the aircraft and the remote controller for us to check it. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-8-13
Use props
8p6fjn6916kK
lvl.1
Nigeria

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-13 21:06
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to check the overall status of the aircraft and check what is the specific error message there? Also, kindly please provide us the firmware version of the aircraft and the remote controller for us to check it. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Overall status (after the controller has been connected to the aircraft by temporarily connecting the controller’s USB port to any powered USB port, such as a laptop or phone charger) is normal. The firmware version for both the controller and drone is the latest (see photo). I’ve tried downgrading, no effect; updated again to latest.

I have observed that just connecting the controller’s mini-USB port to ANY powered USB results in the controller connecting to the drone and the lights on the controller and drone turning green.

So the steps to enable a connection between controller and drone right now are as follows:
- switch on the controller ... solid red light shows.
- switch on the drone ... solid red light after initialisation.
- DJI GO 4 status on the connected iPhone SE 1st gen shows “Disconnected” (not “Aircraft Disconnected”), implying controller not yet connected to drone.
-now connect the controller’s mini USB to ANY powered USB. Controller light turns green and ... voila!
D77327D0-CB51-4F11-A346-CCC727131BFA.png
CA302F20-2D73-4BD5-8402-8A6D09DF0ABB.png
2021-8-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

8p6fjn6916kK Posted at 8-15 11:32
Overall status (after the controller has been connected to the aircraft by temporarily connecting the controller’s USB port to any powered USB port, such as a laptop or phone charger) is normal. The firmware version for both the controller and drone is the latest (see photo). I’ve tried downgrading, no effect; updated again to latest.

I have observed that just connecting the controller’s mini-USB port to ANY powered USB results in the controller connecting to the drone and the lights on the controller and drone turning green.

Thank you for keeping us posted. We're glad that you already manage to isolate the issue that you experience and share the troubleshooting that you had done. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other concerns. Thank you for your support!
2021-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules