Compass error!?
1274 11 2021-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
droneflyer13
lvl.1

Canada

Hello everyone. Im having a problem with the compass on my p3s.
every time I start the drone it gives me a compass error and when I try to calibrate it fails.
But if I restart the drone it goes away and calibration works fine even without moving the drone to a different location.
Again the same thing happens every time. If anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated.

2021-8-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Go into your app settings and check Sensors to see what that tells you about the compass.
2021-8-13
Use props
Jdog7886
lvl.1

Canada

Ok I'll try it
2021-8-13
Use props
Jdog7886
lvl.1

Canada

Tried It at a park and the error did not occur when I turned the drone on but when I landed it happened.
Hers a screenshot of the Sensors when it happened.  
2021-8-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to calibrate your compass in an open space without any interference such as metal objects around it and have a test flight then check if the issue persists? Base on the screenshot that you had posted, the location does have a strong interference and this might be the cause of the issue. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-8-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Jdog7886 Posted at 8-13 18:41
Tried It at a park and the error did not occur when I turned the drone on but when I landed it happened.
Hers a screenshot of the Sensors when it happened.[view_image]

None of your sensors are showing any values.
That looks like the drone was not connected.
The idea is to see the condition of the sensors, particularly the compass.

2021-8-14
Use props
Jdog7886
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-13 20:49
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to calibrate your compass in an open space without any interference such as metal objects around it and have a test flight then check if the issue persists? Base on the screenshot that you had posted, the location does have a strong interference and this might be the cause of the issue. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

I'll try to start and calibrate the drone in an open grass field and see if it fixes the problem.
My other drone never had this problem even in the same spots where this drone is having the problem.
Maybe this one just more sensitive to interference
2021-8-15
Use props
Jdog7886
lvl.1

Canada

Labroides Posted at 8-14 01:24
None of your sensors are showing any values.
That looks like the drone was not connected.
The idea is to see the condition of the sensors, particularly the compass.

The drone was connected for sure
2021-8-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Jdog7886 Posted at 8-15 17:22
The drone was connected for sure

If it was just the compass showing zeros, that would indicate the compass was disconnected.
But all your sensors are showing zeros, so it really looks like the drone was not connected when you checked the app settings.

Either that or all your sensors are disconnected (but that would bring up all kinds of error messages when you startuop).
2021-8-15
Use props
Jdog7886
lvl.1

Canada

Yeah its weird but sometimes it starts up fine maybe its just really sensitive
2021-8-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Jdog7886 Posted at 8-15 20:21
Yeah its weird but sometimes it starts up fine maybe its just really sensitive

A compass is sensitive - it has to be to work properly.
Here's what the display should look like if things are healthy.
When the compass shows zero, that's an indication that the compass is non-functioning or disconnected.

sen.jpg
2021-8-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Jdog7886 Posted at 8-15 17:17
I'll try to start and calibrate the drone in an open grass field and see if it fixes the problem.
My other drone never had this problem even in the same spots where this drone is having the problem.
Maybe this one just more sensitive to interference

Kindly please let us know the result after you did the calibration in an open field. Check for errors. Please keep us posted. Thank you!  
2021-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules