Follow me mode acting up
689 10 2021-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jdog7886
lvl.1

Canada

Hi There. my p3s is having an issue with the follow me mode.
When I start follow me mode the drone spins around to face directly to me  

and when I start to walk the drone just sits there and does nothing for about 1 min then just out of no where it takes off and

starts to fly away by its self and wont stop unless I hit the cancel button.
Had my previous p3s get destroyed becasue of this same issue if anyone can help I would appreciate it alot.

Thanks!

2021-8-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please send us a video sample or screen recording showing the issue for better assistance? Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-8-13
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

What mobile is in use when you fly? Is it an Android system? If yes then do not use <Follow Me> ! The GPS of the mobile tells the P3S the wrong points of GPS and the bird will follow that point.
2021-8-14
Use props
Jdog7886
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-13 20:50
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please send us a video sample or screen recording showing the issue for better assistance? Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Sure I'll give a google drive link for the recording from the drone when it happens
2021-8-15
Use props
Jdog7886
lvl.1

Canada

Peterx Posted at 8-14 13:52
What mobile is in use when you fly? Is it an Android system? If yes then do not use  ! The GPS of the mobile tells the P3S the wrong points of GPS and the bird will follow that point.

Well I own an android and an Iphone but the same  problem occurs with both phones  
2021-8-15
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

Try to get Litchi or Vertical Studio and use <active Track> with the P3S. I think the P3S get no Glonas and Gallileo at all,GPS only.
2021-8-16
Use props
Jdog7886
lvl.1

Canada

Peterx Posted at 8-16 06:46
Try to get Litchi or Vertical Studio and use  with the P3S. I think the P3S get no Glonas and Gallileo at all,GPS only.

Ok I'll try that but a few years ago I got my other drone go work fine just once though
2021-8-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Jdog7886 Posted at 8-15 17:10
Sure I'll give a google drive link for the recording from the drone when it happens

Thank you, please keep us posted on the link. Take care always!
2021-8-16
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

The trick is to use a mobile device that gives you a rock solid GPS location without randomly jumping around.  The other trick is to be sure you, the pilot, are in a wide open area with a clear view of the open sky above you and around you - away from buildings and trees.   Good luck.  

2021-8-17
Use props
Jdog7886
lvl.1

Canada

Is the iPhone 7 good to use with my drone?
2021-8-21
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

With a Standaard and a Mavic (Go3/Go4) you have a downward compatibility to the iPhone6. You iPhone7 can handle that.
2021-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules