802 14 2021-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andre vd Weide
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1503937 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I read a lot on the forum and then i think is this ios or android related  enz..

Why not give information every time what system you use when you have a problem.

Like Ios 11 or Android 10
Like this is the phone Poco x3
And version of the app 1.4.8

So every one can narrow the problem zone

Greetings André
2021-8-13
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

Yes I totally agree with you and it is an  excellent idea. I see many people raises problems here that they have and then you have to get back to them and find out what equipment and app versions they use before you ca help them. In some forums you have all your details in your signature when logged in, so all this can be seen. Perhaps something DJI should look in to?
2021-8-13
Use props
steamship
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229180 ft
Russia

A good idea, but impossible to convince people that it's a good idea to provide that sort of information.

If you think it's bad here, you should check some of the car forums/Facebook groups. A prime example might be a generic group for a certain brand e.g. Audi, BMW... Someone posts up a picture of their instrument cluster lit up like a Christmas tree and their only comments are "What's wrong?" And they expect someone to come up with a solution.
2021-8-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great idea but not sure how you can convince all users to adopt this way.  Also, there are many variations of the same mobile device such as a Samsung S21 Ultra (some have Exynos processors while others have Snapdragon processors) which would require even more detail info.
2021-8-14
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2341886 ft
France

Hi indeed good idea so here is my info

Redmi Note 8T Android 10 1.4.8 application crashes permanently (frozen screen, app that restarts only ect ....)
back to 1.4.4 and no worries.

Asus zenpad 3s 10 z500m Android 8.1.0_r42 1.4.8 application crashes permanently, return to 1.4.2 because with 1.4.4 the app sometimes restarts no problem with 1.4.2.

Xiaomi MI PAD 4 Android 11 application 1.4.8 crashes, back to 1.4.4 no worries.
2021-8-14
Use props
Andre vd Weide
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1503937 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

its on  a other forum you can put in a signature your drone's enz is also 'n option
2021-8-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The admin could make it compulsory for our Bio's and it gets listed on the left under our name, but then it would need to be constantly updated when new fw or app or devices changes etc, or
it could be made compulsory to be added to each new thread, but its extra work for the forum
software techies to implement this.

Now, if it had been a vBulletin forum software, there are addons/mods/hacks where something
like what we need has already been made and it just needs to be edited to suit our needs, but
for some reason, DJI does not want to fork out for a decent forum software, they think we are
happy with this buggy forum and it is quite buggy, there are times when the reply button does
not show, it takes too long to either enter a thread or to post something and it ends up being
posted multiple times because the user thinks it didn't work the 1st 12 times, hey, I'm rambling, carry on....
2021-8-14
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

As said, great idea, but hard to get people to provide useful information.  Same problem exists in lots of forums.  I am very active on a couple of computerized Christmas lighting forums, and with some people it's like pulling teeth to get them to provide correct information.  One of my standard responses is that I'm not a mind reader.  If you want me help, you need to answer questions and tell me what the the response is when I have you try something.  Amazing how often people still won't answer questions.
2021-8-14
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

It has already been requested in another thread but only lasted for 5 or 6 posts and then the people did go on as usual with no information.
The issue is that most people only read the last 2 to 3 posts and not the whole thread.
Also most people are even not able to provide technical information of their equipment, because they only can use it like a gameboy and if it fails, they are lost.
2021-8-14
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

I know to do that, but any time I have a problem, the brain goes non-functional.
2021-8-14
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Unfortunatly that's typical for mankind. How many problems I had to solve starting the sentence "It doesn't work. Can you have a look at it"

Sometime "it" wasn't even defined.

yes, it would be nice some details would be specified, but I wouldn't count on that. Just don't get frustrated.
2021-8-14
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

If a member here asks for help and refuses to answer even the most basic questions, they should be ignored. They are a waste of time and effort.
2021-8-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GaryDoug Posted at 8-14 18:37
If a member here asks for help and refuses to answer even the most basic questions, they should be ignored. They are a waste of time and effort.

That's just wrong, there's generally a reason why they can't/dont give out this information
and its not intentional, here are a few right off the bat...

1, they don't have it to hand (at work etc).
2, they don't understand what's being asked of them due to language barrier etc.
3, they miss the question after someone else replies, its not the best forum software.
2021-8-14
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Bashy Posted at 8-14 19:05
That's just wrong, there's generally a reason why they can't/dont give out this information
and its not intentional, here are a few right off the bat...

... and a lot of the drone operators aren't technical. For a lot of them it is difficult to even pinpoint the culprit of their problems. Or even find the exact version of firmware or software they're working with.

When a download or install of firmware doesn't work ... of course it is DJI. They won't even consider the option of an internet connection or a problem in the router or way to get to the internet. It's a DJI product and that's it.
So, trying to help them out asking a relevant question is a good thing to do.

The only ones I ignore are those who are hardheaded, only want to complain and not finding a solution. If I can help, yes.  I do not need yes/no discusions. If they do think they know better themselves, it is useless to offer help. Unfortunatly I sometimes see that kind of discussions with people on this forum who are very good qualified to give help and they get scolded.

If they don't know where to find the information but want to find a solution, and we can help ... sure.
2021-8-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
Denmark

JohnDG Posted at 8-16 01:06
... and a lot of the drone operators aren't technical. For a lot of them it is difficult to even pinpoint the culprit of their problems. Or even find the exact version of firmware or software they're working with.

When a download or install of firmware doesn't work ... of course it is DJI. They won't even consider the option of an internet connection or a problem in the router or way to get to the internet. It's a DJI product and that's it.

Totally agree with what you're saying
2021-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules