App shutdown during flight
1158 10 2021-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_rkbpbfcDOxFK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5205456 ft
United States

Does anyone know why the DJI Mini 2  app. keeps shutting down and restarting during flight.
2021-8-14
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

What exact model phone/tablet are you using? Many unapproved devices behave that way.
2021-8-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm if you did receive an error message when you experience the said issue? Also, may I please know what specific mobile device are you using? Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-8-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Would really help to know which mobile device you are using and what version of the DJI Fly App is installed.  Many of us users had problems on Android devices with version 1.4.8.  I went back to 1.4.4 and restart issues and black screens are now gone.
2021-8-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You know what is interesting, i am using a DH FCC mode, when enabling that mode, I get the app issues, shutting down, freezing data etc
but in normal mode I do not have any issues, that tells me its sommat to do with the firmware, because that's all that's changed, there is
a conflict somewhere, between the app and the firmware and I think it comes about when folks update the app, I got the MIni 2 late so I
started with the 1.4.8 app and its great unless I enable FCC, there's got to be something there...
2021-8-15
Use props
djiuser_rkbpbfcDOxFK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5205456 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-14 20:43
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm if you did receive an error message when you experience the said issue? Also, may I please know what specific mobile device are you using? Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Samsung S10E.
2021-8-15
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

I have an S10e an it worked great until 1.4.8 on my mini 2 & air 2S!
I went back to 1.4.4 for now.
see my Survey survey
2021-8-15
Use props
Gif2D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 528478 ft
Romania

Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro, Android 11.
All well till 1.4.8. After that: rare app frozen, with camera stream updated.
2021-8-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I keep seeing a recurring theme, folks who update the app to 1.4.8 from whatever version have issues
Whereas I started with 1.4.8 and have no issues...

Have you tried deleting app cache and then uninstall the app both from the same page in the android settings/apps
then install version 1.4.8?
2021-8-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for your response. Kindly please try to uninstall and restart the mobile device then reinstall it again to see if the issue persists. If you did receive an error message on the app, kindly please indicate it here for us to further isolate the issue. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-8-15
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Bashy Posted at 8-15 15:08
I keep seeing a recurring theme, folks who update the app to 1.4.8 from whatever version have issues
Whereas I started with 1.4.8 and have no issues...

The main thing is when you install it from an older version, it will update automatically to the 1.4.8 whatever subversion is current.
When you don't explicitly download it from the dji website, subversions are not automatically upgraded.
Deinstalling and installing again from the the dji website gives you the latests (sub)version of the app.

btw I installed 1116, 1119 and 1120 without deinstalling, but downloaded every time from the website, and I haven't got problems either.
This is for the Android versions. IOS versions are installed from the Apple store. I don't know how subversions are handled there.
I am affraid many of us are still using an earlier subversion.
2021-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules