RSC 2 Gimbal Locked or unbalanced
23963 12 2021-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TimNATC
lvl.1
United States

I was using the RSC 2 with Canon R6. It was working fine. Then all of a sudden it stopped and the message on the screen says Gimbal locked or unbalanced. Motors in Sleep mode. I took the camera off and rebalanced it. The motors are not locked and I cannot get it to work. I have shut it down for 5-10 minutes, turned it back on and I get the same message. Can anyone help with this?
2021-8-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try again to balance your camera on the unit using the tutorial link below? If the issue persists, could you please send us a short video sample showing the issue? Please keep us posted. Thank you!

2021-8-14
Use props
DJI-RS PM 铁匠
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Your RSC2 is not completely balanced. Please check the balance tutorial again
2021-8-15
Use props
TimNATC
lvl.1
United States

Thank you for the help. I have it balanced and it seems to be working now. I will let you know if it happens again.
2021-8-18
Use props
mat_smrv
lvl.1
Russia

Hi I have exactly the same problem. I balanced my gimbal, work with it around 2 hours, and then all of a sudden it stops and message on the screen says Gimbal locked or unbalanced. I put it down the box and didn’t use around a month. Then I tried it again with very small camera, and this message appears again right after turning on. After two weeks I tried again: balanced very accurately, everything was fine but after 20 minutes of using I got the same situation. Gimbal stopped and didn’t work even after rebalancing. There is problem with top arm where camera is placed. If someone know what can I do or where can ask an advice please let me know here, by mail (maty97mmmmmm@gmail.com ) or instagram (mat_smrv).  
2021-12-11
Use props
djiuser_DEX5PkmRnTas
New
United States

I have the same situation I just bought it not even seven days ago and all of a sudden it says gumbo lock and I’m not able to use any other functions when I hit the mode button it does not switch modes when I hit the 360 it does not spin when I hit record on the gamble it does not record . I have looked at Many  tutorials I have joined to Facebook group specifically for this product and no one can figure out the issue
2021-12-15
Use props
Alalj
New

Libya

Hello, I also have the same problem. When I turn on Rs2, a message appears saying that the engine is in idle state, and it beeps and stops working.
2022-2-5
Use props
mat_smrv
lvl.1
Russia

mat_smrv Posted at 2021-12-11 04:20
Hi I have exactly the same problem. I balanced my gimbal, work with it around 2 hours, and then all of a sudden it stops and message on the screen says Gimbal locked or unbalanced. I put it down the box and didn’t use around a month. Then I tried it again with very small camera, and this message appears again right after turning on. After two weeks I tried again: balanced very accurately, everything was fine but after 20 minutes of using I got the same situation. Gimbal stopped and didn’t work even after rebalancing. There is problem with top arm where camera is placed. If someone know what can I do or where can ask an advice please let me know here, by mail ( ) or instagram (mat_smrv).

Update. Organization, where I work sent this Gimbal to central DJI office in Moscow and they sent it to the China for diagnostics. I got messages from two people about the same problem.
2022-3-10
Use props
djiuser_2gcAnpFeUr9S
New

Germany

I have the same issue here after a year. Perfectly balanced but still get the error message. Any solutions out there? I have two weedings the next two weeks and need to rely on my equipment. Thanks in advance for any help!
2022-7-15
Use props
n7goodwin
New

United States

Any luck with this? Same issue
2022-9-8
Use props
djiuser_CKvSEKLeoXlN
New

Tajikistan

Здравствуйте, у меня DJI ronin RSC 2 купил не давно 1 час работал и перестал работать появился на экран Gimbal loced or inbalanced.
Motors in sleep mode скажите пожалуйста как исправит
Отбалансировал как на инструкции было но эффект
ничего
2022-12-5
Use props
Giovs
New

Italy

Any news of this problem??
2023-5-19
Use props
iamjay
New

Rwanda

Had the same issue: I balanced the gimbal but when i switched on the gimbal (DJI R-SC2), it vibrated, made some terrible buzzy sounds, and the screen showed the error message about the gimbal being balanced poorly... etc.

Here's what worked for me:
> Make sure the arms of your gimbal are UNLOCKED.
> Switch on the gimbal — it will give you the error, but don't panic.
> Click the power button to make the gimbal go to sleep (but the gimbal is still on) — this way, you can make some adjustments without having to switch the gimbal off. You know you're on sleep mode when a little moon icon shows up on the screen.
> Make any adjustments to rebalance (if you need to)
> Click the power button to get out of sleep mode
> Quickly press and HOLD the M button and Trigger button at the same time to start calibration

When my gimbal finished calibrating, it was actually perfectly good to go and it didn't give me a problem again.

Hope it works for you
2023-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules