1570 19 2021-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

OK, it's August 2021 is DJI FPV still worth it? how is it holding up? please let me know.  

Thank you,

2021-8-14
Use props
FrootWhoopz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 253832 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'd say yes, Ive kept mine since release and if you have realistic expectation of what the DJI FPV actually is then you will have a good experience, It is what it is, a good well put together "hybrid" with some helpful features. I did have to send the goggles back and there are firmware changes which i would love to happen but overall I am pleased.
2021-8-15
Use props
cootertwo
Second Officer
United States

Guess I'm a digital convert. I now have 2 DJI FPV drones, 3 sets of V2 goggles, ( one for DJI FPV, one for DJI digital, and one for using in audience mode. 4 batteries. Running some Lumenier 5x5x3 - Butter Cutter Propellers on my FPV drone, and they work GREAT! Motors aren't even warm after 2 packs, regular flying around. Also have the arm barces on my FPV drones. So far, have not even tried manual mode. I enjoy flying around my sorta forest. Flying through trees etc. etc. Absolutely ZERO problems so far. Zero crashes. Went through all the first time activation cwap. Had to buy a new iPhone, to finally get everything talking to one another.
2021-8-15
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

cootertwo Posted at 8-15 05:57
Guess I'm a digital convert. I now have 2 DJI FPV drones, 3 sets of V2 goggles, ( one for DJI FPV, one for DJI digital, and one for using in audience mode. 4 batteries. Running some Lumenier 5x5x3 - Butter Cutter Propellers on my FPV drone, and they work GREAT! Motors aren't even warm after 2 packs, regular flying around. Also have the arm barces on my FPV drones. So far, have not even tried manual mode. I enjoy flying around my sorta forest. Flying through trees etc. etc. Absolutely ZERO problems so far. Zero crashes. Went through all the first time activation cwap. Had to buy a new iPhone, to finally get everything talking to one another.
I would like to say:
exactly my expectations and experiences ...
2021-8-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Lucas775. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who owns the DJI FPV can give out there recommendations with regards to this matter. Thank you and have a nice day.
2021-8-15
Use props
Steelart99
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77936 ft

United States

cootertwo Posted at 8-15 05:57
Guess I'm a digital convert. I now have 2 DJI FPV drones, 3 sets of V2 goggles, ( one for DJI FPV, one for DJI digital, and one for using in audience mode. 4 batteries. Running some Lumenier 5x5x3 - Butter Cutter Propellers on my FPV drone, and they work GREAT! Motors aren't even warm after 2 packs, regular flying around. Also have the arm barces on my FPV drones. So far, have not even tried manual mode. I enjoy flying around my sorta forest. Flying through trees etc. etc. Absolutely ZERO problems so far. Zero crashes. Went through all the first time activation cwap. Had to buy a new iPhone, to finally get everything talking to one another.

I'm curious about the Lumenier Butter Cutter propellers.  Are they better than the stock props ... and if so, can you give your thoughts on what ways they perform better.  Thanks
2021-8-18
Use props
cootertwo
Second Officer
United States

Well, to me, (72 next mo) the Butter cutters seem a little quieter, but at the same time, seem to have a better bite on the air, if you know what I mean. Flying around in normal mode, I can do 2 packs in a row, and the motors aren't even warm. With the stock props, my motors would be warm after only one pack. And the biggest benefit is the price.
2021-8-18
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Steelart99 Posted at 8-18 07:17
I'm curious about the Lumenier Butter Cutter propellers.  Are they better than the stock props ... and if so, can you give your thoughts on what ways they perform better.  Thanks

I wouldn't trust any after market props for any of the DJI drones.
2021-8-18
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

frankymusik Posted at 8-15 09:43
I would like to say:
exactly my expectations and experiences ...
... but I'm not using any parts other than the original DJI ones!!!
2021-8-20
Use props
MoFpv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 940965 ft
Latvia

FOR PROPS I REALLY sugguest use Gemfan Hurricane 5236-3 or ETHiX P4 5.1, You can use aftermarket Aikon DJI FPV Prop Adapter Mounts

fly experience is so much better  with these props, also they are more durable and 5 times cheaper.  i dont see any cons to use them.   oem prop propwash sucks.

2021-8-20
Use props
Whoreable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1775299 ft
United States

Totally worth it, still will never fly another DJI drone like my mavics or phantoms ever again, i dont think.
2021-8-21
Use props
thetechnobear
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2804810 ft
Spain

I'd say yes....

I bought a freestyle drone to go alongside it... and for a while, I admit I stopped flying the DJI FPV much , because ripping the 5" was more fun (and less risky)
and I was starting to think about selling it.

however, recently Ive been going to a few places which are much more suited to the DJI FPV hybrid nature - places I was unfamilar with, so the RTH/Panic features were useful, and places where landing area was really tight, so the GPS mode was really handy... nice and easy to bring in LOS.

it really showed it colours well...  sure its not got the agility of the 5", the camera is not as good as a gopro. but sometimes, I don't want the hassle of the 5", I just want to throw up a drone, cruise around, yet still have the thrill of manual mode and an immesive flight, and the footage from the camera is still very usable.
and I dont have to risk my 5" crashing somewhere I may not be able to retrieve it.
oh, and the range and length of flight is much better on the dji fpv , again great for casual flying in remote locations.

so, its different from a gps drone, a 5" drone .. but really fills a nice sweet spot in between.

2021-8-21
Use props
HomePoint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Got one coming next week, so really pleased to read these comments, they are inline with what my expectations are as I am selling up on my quads and DJI Mini 2 to finance this.  I just want something that I can float around at leisure.
2021-8-21
Use props
Romonaga
lvl.2
Flight distance : 789124 ft
United States

Worth it, yes.  Some things I wish they would allow, yes.

I simply am one of the type  of people that does not and can not learn to fly manual.  So having a drone that is a hybrid is nice.  I just wish that the would allow us to fly at full speed in sport mode.
2021-8-21
Use props
thetechnobear
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2804810 ft
Spain

one caution...

I had a mavic air (mk1) , which I got rid of when I got the dji fpv... I kind of slightly regret this now.
not because of the dji fpv, but simply because as I mentioned above its different.

you can get some lovely dynamic shots with an fpv drone (dji or diy), where the viewer feels like they are in flight.
but you cannot get the more static/orbiting type shots you can with a mavic.

I know the dji fpv is a hybrid, stick it in N, and you think you can get simlar shots with GPS.
but nope, not if its even slightly windy, you'll have a tilted horizon as the drone tilts, and there is no 3 axis gimbal.
ok, you can edit in post IF you are flying a straight line, but as soon as you do something like turn or orbit, that would be a nightmare to edit in post. (and the roll correction is not that great)

... so whilst in theory, you can get similar shots, in practice FPV shots are going to be different, and complimentary to a camera drone.

as i say, not a criticism, but something to be aware of.... and why Im quite tempted to get a mini 2 ;)

2021-8-21
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

How are you still liking the FPV  drone?
2022-2-19
Use props
Ranger7777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 152782 ft
United States

Another old guy, 74, have issues flying "regular" FPV drones, even whoops.  Just do not have that muscle memory the gamers have.   Bought a Mini 2 and found it very easy to fly.  Then got a used DJI FPV and also find it very easy to fly.  I will just stick with these and have fun, not frustration.
2022-2-20
Use props
cootertwo
Second Officer
United States

"OLD GUY" here! I now own "3" DJI FPV drones! When I spied one at $999.00 I couldn't resist. It is still in it's sealed box. I could open it up, activate, etc. etc. but I think it might be worth more in the long run, left unopened.
2022-2-20
Use props
Lucas626
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

cootertwo Posted at 2-20 08:58
"OLD GUY" here! I now own "3" DJI FPV drones! When I spied one at $999.00 I couldn't resist. It is still in it's sealed box. I could open it up, activate, etc. etc. but I think it might be worth more in the long run, left unopened.

OK "Old guy" explain the unopened being worth more, you lost me there then again you have 3 already.  I found $999 at amazon even slightly used ones for less.
2022-2-20
Use props
Lucas626
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ranger7777 Posted at 2-20 08:48
Another old guy, 74, have issues flying "regular" FPV drones, even whoops.  Just do not have that muscle memory the gamers have.   Bought a Mini 2 and found it very easy to fly.  Then got a used DJI FPV and also find it very easy to fly.  I will just stick with these and have fun, not frustration.

Really trying to talk myself into getting one
2022-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules