Descent speed
3479 4 2021-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

The drone manual says: maximum descent speed 3.5m / s in sport mode. Meanwhile, in my drone it does not exceed 3 m / s. What it depends on?
2021-8-15
Use props
Ugo77
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25528 ft
Spain

Hi!

when the drone is ascending, the propellers and motors are who are impulsating the drone upwards. When descending, what is does the drone is to put the motors at minimum power, so the weight of the drone is the only one who is making the drone descending. The propellers still move in descending because they are used to stabilize the drone. So I think that the descending speed depends on how much wind speed is; as much wind speed, as much as the motors has to work to stabilize the drone, and reduce the descending speed.

Thanks and regards!
2021-8-15
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
lvl.4
Poland

I checked the descent speed under various conditions. On a windy day and no wind. High and low to the ground. I have always been in sport mode between 2.9-3 m / s.
2021-8-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 8-15 02:00
I checked the descent speed under various conditions. On a windy day and no wind. High and low to the ground. I have always been in sport mode between 2.9-3 m / s.

Wind speed makes no difference to descending speed.

The specs for the Air 2 suggest something odd about descent speeds for that model.
They say:
3 m/s (S Mode)
5 m/s (S Mode and N Mode during a sharp descent)

I've not seen any explanation from DJI to say what they mean by a "sharp descent".
All I can guess is that it might mean flying fast forwards and descending at the same time.

You could check to see if there's any difference in descending vertically vs a fast descending flight.
2021-8-15
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
lvl.4
Poland

The answer is:
"table_no": 0,
         "param_index": 1310,
         "name": "mode_sport_cfg_vert_vel_down | g_config.mode_sport_cfg.vert_vel_down",
         "min": -3.5,
         "max": -1.0,
         "default": -3.5,
         "value": "-3.000000",
         "changed": false,
         "type_id": 8
It can't be changed because of hardcoded. I don't understand why he doesn't change it in the user manual.
2021-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules