RTH issue
1197 18 2021-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

Yesterday I tried to start RTH several times, but each time after a few seconds the procedure was automatically canceled. The aircraft turned and picked up speed and RTH was canceled. 4 attempts were unsuccessful. Anyone had such a problem? I came back in manual mode with no problems.
2021-8-16
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Do you keep your finger on the button after it starts peeping (RTH)?
2021-8-16
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Poland

I press the button for about 1 second and let go. The rest happens automatically. This time the procedure was canceled. Strange behavior that was repeated in two flights with battery replacement.
2021-8-16
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 8-16 02:28
I press the button for about 1 second and let go. The rest happens automatically. This time the procedure was canceled. Strange behavior that was repeated in two flights with battery replacement.

My immediate thought for this behavior is that the Pause/RTH button may cause glitches so the RTH procedure get cancelled. With the RC turned off, repeatedly press the button in question many times to clean the contact surfaces beneath. Then try flying and test RTH again.

Besides, does the RC emit a low repeated beep when RTH is activated? It should.
2021-8-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you trying to RTH via the Fly App or the RC button?
2021-8-16
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Poland

Via rc button.
2021-8-16
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Why don't you reply to my question: Does the RC emit a low repeated beep when RTH is executed?
2021-8-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Sounds like you are holding the RTH button longer than necessary, and that cancels RTH.
Just hold it long enough to initiate RTH.
2021-8-16
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Poland

I always record my flight screen. The rth cancellation occurred even 10 seconds after rth was started. Today I will perform a re-test.
2021-8-16
Use props
djiuser_uE07QkSFzJc3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111257 ft
United States

This issue happened to me today. RC fully charged Aircraft 3 lights. I press the RTH button and hear 3 beeps and release.
Usually a friendly voice confirms RTH. This did not happen. A pop up stated RTH cancelled. Tried 3 times. Same result.
Could have been bad. But I managed to bring it home.
2023-5-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_uE07QkSFzJc3 Posted at 5-17 02:59
This issue happened to me today. RC fully charged Aircraft 3 lights. I press the RTH button and hear 3 beeps and release.
Usually a friendly voice confirms RTH. This did not happen. A pop up stated RTH cancelled. Tried 3 times. Same result.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to read that you are having the same issue. Can you please confirm how many satellites do you have when this happened and whether was there a recorded home point?
2023-5-17
Use props
djiuser_uE07QkSFzJc3
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-17 03:15
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to read that you are having the same issue. Can you please confirm how many satellites do you have when this happened and whether was there a recorded home point?

I believe 13 satellites and home point was set.
2023-5-18
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

djiuser_uE07QkSFzJc3 Posted at 5-18 08:29

How far was the drone from home point?
2023-5-18
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_uE07QkSFzJc3 Posted at 5-17 02:59

Hi,

If you like upload your flightlog for this issue

use this link > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
post the uploaded link on here

Log may explain what really happend.

cheers
JJB
2023-5-18
Use props
djiuser_uE07QkSFzJc3
lvl.1
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 5-18 09:22
How far was the drone from home point?

1000ft - 1200ft 240 high
2023-5-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_uE07QkSFzJc3 Posted at 5-18 08:29

Hi, djiuser_uE07QkSFzJc3. Thank you for the reply. Can you please provide us a video of the operation for further checking and can you please confirm if the issue is happening with your Mini 2?
2023-5-22
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

What happens when you initiate it from the screen?  
2023-5-22
Use props
djiuser_uE07QkSFzJc3
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-22 06:08
Hi, djiuser_uE07QkSFzJc3. Thank you for the reply. Can you please provide us a video of the operation for further checking and can you please confirm if the issue is happening with your Mini 2?
This has not occurred since.
Yes Dji mini 2 is the bird
2023-5-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_uE07QkSFzJc3 Posted at 5-22 17:36
This has not occurred since.
Yes Dji mini 2 is the bird

Hi, djiuser_uE07QkSFzJc3. Thank you for the reply. Regretfully, we need information for us to check what caused it. Also, can you please verify if you trigger the RTH through the buttons of the remote controller? If so, please confirm if this problem also exists if RTH is triggered on the App. If yes, please provide us with the needed information for checking:

1. A video showing the operation and issue.
2. The flight controller data and the flight time.
3. The screenshot of the firmware version.

For Flight Controller Data Export:
Step I: Please connect the aircraft to a computer with a USB-C cable. Launch DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series). You may download it from this link: (https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series). Tap the Aircraft icon.
Step II: Go to the Product Page. Select “Log Export” on the left menu. Then, select the required time point data and finally select “Save to Local”.
Step III: After “Download Complete” appears, it indicates that the data has been saved locally.
Step IV: Then save the .DAT file format.

Please keeps us posted. Thank you.
2023-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules