Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Change home location
12Next >
3324 51 2021-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Johnny_J
lvl.4

Sweden

For some reason DJI has decided that I'm situated in Austria. I am not. Ich spreche nür ein bisschen bisschen Deutch. How do I correct this DJI error? Is it even possible?

2021-8-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Could be wrong but I think it is based on the ip address assigned to your device.  Are you using a VPN with a server in Austria?
2021-8-16
Use props
Johnny_J
lvl.4

Sweden

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-16 03:31
Could be wrong but I think it is based on the ip address assigned to your device.  Are you using a VPN with a server in Austria?

Don't be ridiculous!
Where's DJI Support when you need them? Normally they litter every new post with automated replies which solves nothing. Neither here!
2021-8-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Johnny_J Posted at 8-16 03:42
Don't be ridiculous!
Where's DJI Support when you need them?

His suggestion was not ridiculous.
He accurately advised you how things are.
Your displayed location is automatically determined and you can't do anything about it, other than going somewhere else or perhaps using a different ISP.
2021-8-16
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Don't be ridiculous!
Where's DJI Support when you need them?

Why are you being so rude, just about every blooming post you make, if ya not calling names its, DJI shape up! or just being downright rude, it's amazing how a keyboard and a monitor can turn a normal person who no doubt wouldn't say boo to a goose if they were in front of them yet behind the keyboard, they are so macho and abusive. Get over yourself, its boring and annoying to the rest of us...

And btw, it IS based on your IP address, like mine at present is Luxumberg, yet im in the UK but i am using a VPN, your ISP must be doing it if you are not, either that or you dont know how it all works...
2021-8-16
Use props
Johnny_J
lvl.4

Sweden

Bashy Posted at 8-16 03:58
Why are you being so rude, just about every blooming post you make, if ya not calling names its, DJI shape up! or just being downright rude, it's amazing how a keyboard and a monitor can turn a normal person who no doubt wouldn't say boo to a goose if they were in front of them yet behind the keyboard, they are so macho and abusive. Get over yourself, its boring and annoying to the rest of us...

And btw, it IS based on your IP address, like mine at present is Luxumberg, yet im in the UK but i am using a VPN, your ISP must be doing it if you are not, either that or you dont know how it all works...

Don't be ridiculous! I'm an IT Consultant and I know TCP/IP, ARP, VPN, HTTP(s) protocols etc etc. I also know C / C++, PHP, Java, Javascript, C#, Visual Basic and more.
My ISP does not have endpoints in Austria. Hence it's a DJI error. How do DJI rectify that? Let's watch the replies coming ...
2021-8-16
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Johnny_J Posted at 8-16 04:04
Don't be ridiculous! I'm an IT Consultant and I know TCP/IP, ARP, VPN, HTTP(s) protocols etc etc. I also know C / C++, PHP, Java, Javascript, C#, Visual Basic and more.
My ISP does not have endpoints in Austria.

I am an Ambassador to the UN, and a MD, STD, H2O and I know PDR
only one of those is true.....

One way to find out, whats your IP addy?

I am now in Romania ;)
2021-8-16
Use props
robpri
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635066 ft
South Africa

Troll told you
2021-8-16
Use props
Johnny_J
lvl.4

Sweden

Don't be ridiculous!
2021-8-16
Use props
Johnny_J
lvl.4

Sweden

Bashy Posted at 8-16 04:26
I am an Ambassador to the UN, and a MD, STD, H2O and I know PDR
only one of those is true.....

Don't be ridiculous! The IP I'm assigned from my ISP is not in Austria! The endpoint is situated close to where I live (of course)!
The question here, DJI, is how do I correct my faulty location from an error introduced by you?
2021-8-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Johnny_J Posted at 8-16 05:27
Don't be ridiculous! The IP I'm assigned from my ISP is not in Austria! The endpoint is situated close to where I live (of course)!
The question here, DJI, is how do I correct my faulty location from an error introduced by you?

The question here, DJI, is how do I correct my  position from an error introduced by you?
You could use a VPS and go to whatever country you like.
Otherwise there's nothing you can do.
2021-8-16
Use props
Johnny_J
lvl.4

Sweden

Labroides Posted at 8-16 05:37
You could use a VPS and go to whatever country you like.
Otherwise there's nothing you can do.

Don't be ridiculous!
2021-8-16
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

Johnny_J Posted at 8-16 05:27

Hi Johnny,

Just checked something and found that under "Flyaway Issue" reply #20 you came in as from Austria on 8 Aug 08:34 and later under the same heading on #32 10 Aug 04:45 you came in as from Sweden.

Then under the same heading item #96 today you came in as from Austria again.

Were you perhaps on a holiday in either Austria or Sweden?

This is very strange indeed. I did talk to someone else here in the forum some time ago and he mentioned that he was on holiday in another country which came up other than his normal home country. So the country here did change depending on where he was.

I can not say what is going on, but thought of mentioning your case. My feeling is that it will change depending on where you are located and comments from her in the forum. The beginning of an IP address if my memory serves me right determines from which country you are in.
2021-8-16
Use props
CallMeAlan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Johnny.  What a creep. I'm certain your knowledge of PHP and C# will make you eminently qualified to qualitatively provide your own answer.  And Visual Basic?  Wow, so advanced.  You must be very clever; but a creep neveretheless.
2021-8-16
Use props
Johnny_J
lvl.4

Sweden

kyalami Posted at 8-16 06:41
Hi Johnny,

Just checked something and found that under "Flyaway Issue" reply #20 you came in as from Austria on 8 Aug 08:34 and later under the same heading on #32 19 Aug 04:45 you came in as from Sweden.

Don't be ridiculous!

You wrote "heading on #32 19 Aug 04:45"

It's August 16 now in case you haven't noticed!
2021-8-16
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Sweden

Johnny_J Posted at 8-16 06:46
Don't be ridiculous!

You wrote "heading on #32 19 Aug 04:45"

Sorry my mistake. It was 10 Aug if you would have looked. Date would not matter as the #.  O and 9 is next to each others on the key board. Miss typing they call it. Slipped.
2021-8-16
Use props
Johnny_J
lvl.4

Sweden

kyalami Posted at 8-16 06:54
Sorry my mistake. It was 10 Aug if you would have looked. Date would not matter as the #.  O and 9 is next to each others on the key board. Miss typing they call it. Slipped.

Nope, "mistyping"  it's spelled! This is post #20, you call the particular post #32. Hence you seem sloppy in many aspects ...

Also you want to believe that DJI makes no mistakes, no bugs when you write "Were you perhaps on a holiday in either Austria or Sweden?"
You are trying to tell me that I don't know any details of my present location (and of course DJI keep track of me and all of my whereabouts).

2021-8-16
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Sweden

Johnny_J Posted at 8-16 07:07
Nope, "mistyping"  it's spelled! You seem sloppy in many aspects ...

My home language is not English, so I am excused for making some mistakes in spelling and what are the other aspects? YOu have not read my first commet propperly. I menstioned that it was under "Flyaway Issue" not this item we are under now.
2021-8-16
Use props
Johnny_J
lvl.4

Sweden

kyalami Posted at 8-16 07:11
My home language is not English, so I am excused for making some mistakes in spelling and what are the other aspects? YOu have not read my first commet propperly. I menstioned that it was under "Flyaway Issue" not this item we are under now.

You really need to proof read your own text before publishing it. English or not, it's sloppy:

-> "firt commet propperly. I menstioned"

2021-8-16
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Sweden

Johnny_J Posted at 8-16 07:07
Nope, "mistyping"  it's spelled! This is post #20, you call the particular post #32. Hence you seem sloppy in many aspects ...

Also you want to believe that DJI makes no mistakes, no bugs when you write "Were you perhaps on a holiday in either Austria or Sweden?"

These arguments about nothing does not lead to anything. I am out of here. by by.
2021-8-16
Use props
Johnny_J
lvl.4

Sweden

kyalami Posted at 8-16 07:19
These arguments about nothing does not lead to anything. I am out of here. by by.

Thank You!
2021-8-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Johnny_J Posted at 8-16 07:19
You really need to proof read your own text before publishing it. English or not, it's sloppy:

-> "firt commet propperly. I menstioned"

Johnny_J ..
You aren't the smartest guy in the  room.
You've had accurate answers to your trivial issue.
But all you've done is irritate and insult people.
You need to stop being such a jerk.
2021-8-16
Use props
Johnny_J
lvl.4

Sweden

Labroides Posted at 8-16 07:26
Johnny_J ..
You aren't the smartest guy in the  room.
You've had accurate answers to your trivial issue.

And that comes from the most important person in this forum and probably in the world!
Shape up mate! I've yet to see an answer from DJI!
2021-8-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Johnny_J Posted at 8-16 07:31
And that comes from the most important person in this forum and probably in the world!
Shape up mate! I've yet to see an answer from DJI!

There you go again being a big jerk.
Give it a break.

I've yet to see an answer from DJI!

And it's not guaranteed that you will.
DJI aren't the very communicative.
2021-8-16
Use props
Johnny_J
lvl.4

Sweden

Labroides Posted at 8-16 07:50
There you go again being a big jerk.
Give it a break.

I know you can read log files and understand them. That does not make you a judge or to act as  a complete idiot. Maybe you are ...

I believe Labroides (a fish) is working for DJI. Look at all her comments, defending all their poor decisions! Well done mate!

2021-8-16
Use props
hunterws
lvl.4
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

Johnny_J Posted at 8-16 07:54
I know you can read log files and understand them. That does not make you a judge or to act as  a complete idiot. Maybe you are ...

I believe Labroides (a fish) is working for DJI. Look at all her comments, defending all their poor decisions! Well done mate!

Obviously hemorrhoids is working for DJI or owns a lot of their stock.
They're overly motivated to call BS on legit issues.
I call BS on the product, can't argue that, people can just stop buying them.
Service is zero, and if there is more than 1 report of bugs in the app, it should get attention, but does not.
Very suspicious .... in this day and age, I trust nothing about china especially products they're shipping to the USA.  Anyone want to buy a mini2?  Never crashed, 3 packs of new props included ... never had to use them because I cannot fly.
2021-8-16
Use props
Johnny_J
lvl.4

Sweden

hunterws Posted at 8-16 08:07
Obviously hemorrhoids is working for DJI or owns a lot of their stock.
They're overly motivated to call BS on legit issues.
I call BS on the product, can't argue that, people can just stop buying them.

Well, I never use the extra props because I can fly my drone properly. Labroides keep working for them, dunno why. Must be the money!
2021-8-16
Use props
hunterws
lvl.4
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

Johnny_J Posted at 8-16 08:15
Well, I never use the extra props because I can fly my drone properly. Labroides keep working for them, dunno why. Must be the money!

I only had to change props once, out of the box.  First flight was all jittery.
I have 3 packs of props, because I haven't needed them.
We're on the same team john
2021-8-16
Use props
Johnny_J
lvl.4

Sweden

hunterws Posted at 8-16 08:21
I only had to change props once, out of the box.  First flight was all jittery.
I have 3 packs of props, because I haven't needed them.
We're on the same team john

Most people are on the same course. Being gentle, helpful and kind. Then we have Labroides, employed by DJI. That is a completely different matter!
2021-8-16
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Johnny_J Posted at 8-16 08:25
Most people are on the same course. Being gentle, helpful and kind. Then we have Labroides, employed by DJI. That is a completely different matter!

And another round of bull... bingo.
Have you ever thought before you were writing a post.
Being gentle, helpful and kind is the total oposite of the way you are currently trying to offend, convince and getting help.
It seems that your high grade of intelligence  is blocking yourself from accepting your own lack of knowlege.
2021-8-16
Use props
Johnny_J
lvl.4

Sweden

MySky Posted at 8-16 10:00
And another round of bull... bingo.
Have you ever thought before you were writing a post.
Being gentle, helpful and kind is the total oposite of the way you are currently trying to offend, convince and getting help.

Don't be ridiculous With your "thinking" you are only proving yourself to be both ignorant and jealous!
2021-8-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Johnny_J Posted at 8-16 10:56
Don't be ridiculous With your "thinking" you are only proving yourself to be both ignorant and jealous!

And with that response you just proved him right.
2021-8-16
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Johnny_J Posted at 8-16 04:04
My ISP does not have endpoints in Austria. Hence it's a DJI error. How do DJI rectify that? Let's watch the replies coming ...

OMG, just change your home location in the Fly app: profile - click on your user name and change your location.
2021-8-16
Use props
Andre vd Weide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1503937 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

He changed it self and did not know  and make a lot of fuss about it now i must laugh
2021-8-16
Use props
Johnny_J
lvl.4

Sweden

Andre vd Weide Posted at 8-16 21:28
He changed it self and did not know  and make a lot of fuss about it now i must laugh

Don't be ridiculous! Correct location is set in the app. It's only in the forum the location is wrong.
2021-8-16
Use props
Andre vd Weide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1503937 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Every one is ridiculous who give comment on your posting or is working for dji  think you can better think what you write to every one before calling every one ridiculous. by the way i am not from DJI or work for them only fly Dji drone since 2013
2021-8-16
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Johnny_J Posted at 8-16 22:56
Don't be ridiculous! Correct location is set in the app. It's only in the forum the location is wrong.

tried to logout of the forum and login again after changing it on the app?

It can take a day before the change is visible.
2021-8-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'll just leave this here -
https://linklyhq.com/blog/list-of-5-free-geoip-databases-2020
2021-8-16
Use props
Mini2 Flyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4347785 ft
Australia

Johnny_J Posted at 8-16 22:56
Don't be ridiculous! Correct location is set in the app. It's only in the forum the location is wrong.

I am quite sure Johnny-J has difficulty tying up his shoelaces in real life so we should not be so quick to judge him and maybe even feel some pity for the poor guy.
2021-8-17
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

Don't be ridiculous!
Where's DJI Support when you need them? Normally they litter every new post with automated replies which solves nothing. Neither here!

Why the rudeness though? You asked for help and if someone gives you a suggestion, you just call them ridiculous!?
2021-8-17
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules