Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Care Refresh for DJI FPV - Is it worth it? This is my experience
847 9 2021-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JeremyToh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1026437 ft
  • >>>
Australia

My wonderful fascination with DJI Drones have taken me from the humble Mavic Air to now the DJI FPV. All this while, ever since my first drone crash with the Mavic Air, I have considered the DJI Care Refresh program to be something worthwhile having. Two fast replacements no questions asked. But with the DJI Care Refresh for the DJI FPV.... I am not so sure.

Here is my experience when I sent my DJI FPV into the DJI Service Centre for repairs.

What's your experience like repairing your DJI FPV. Please share your experience.
2021-8-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
Super Moderator

Hello there JeremyToh. Good day and thank you for sharing this interesting video with us. Again, thank you for your support and fly safe always.
2021-8-16
Use props
JeremyToh
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-16 20:15
Hello there JeremyToh. Good day and thank you for sharing this interesting video with us. Again, thank you for your support and fly safe always.

The DJI Support Team was very speedy in their response. Sent the drone in on Tuesday, ready for pick up on Thursday. Simply the best!
2021-8-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
Flight distance : 525 ft
United States

Interesting video Jeremy.    Love the corkscrew dive.  

I've always purchased the Care Refresh but you make a good point in the video on repair vs replacement costs.
2021-8-17
Use props
frankymusik
Captain
Flight distance : 16995620 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Very nice description ...   
... thank you a lot!   
2021-8-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
Super Moderator

JeremyToh Posted at 8-17 04:04
The DJI Support Team was very speedy in their response. Sent the drone in on Tuesday, ready for pick up on Thursday. Simply the best!

Hi there JeremyToh. You arte very much welcome and thank you for the positive feedback you have given. Rest assured that DJI is doing its best to give out the best customer service to all. Again, thank you for your valued support and have a nice day. .
2021-8-18
Use props
maihem.rc
First Officer
Flight distance : 2076335 ft
  • >>>
United States

When DJI Care finally came along I purchased it.  I have never had a need to utilize the plan but I have continued to purchase the plan for all of my new DJI drones because it keeps my wife from driving me nuts the whole time I'm flying.  While I frequently fly alone, the several times she was around were more stressful to me while flying than anything.  She literally cannot help herself from prattling on for the entire flight about how one crash is going to waste a thousand dollars.  So, I have had several DJI drones since 2014, I have crashed some, I have had to repair some, but I have never damaged one so bad that I had to send it in to DJI to repair.  In the future, I may not get DJI Care but I will not be telling my wife as it is well paid please don't talk and add to a crash situation and just watch insurance...if that makes sense.  I do love my wife and I appreciate her greatly, just sometimes she can pile on unnecessary noise at the worse times possible.
2021-8-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2164990 ft
Netherlands

Good video.
PS, I never got care refresh.
2021-8-19
Use props
thetechnobear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1862569 ft
Spain

I bought care refresh, but also found it was more economical for small crashes to just pay the repair cost.

however, its a risk  , if you have a big crash, where you damage multiple arms, and the camera - then that is going to get very expensive - I reckon if you have one substantial crash in a year, then its likely care refresh will pay for itself.

but the flipside is, I think most of us are more likely to damage a single arm, and that is not worth even using care refresh for,.

on balance, Id probably NOT buy care refresh , as it was just too expensive both initial cost and the fee for usage.
but you never know, you might be unlucky....

2021-8-21
Use props
JeremyToh
lvl.2
  • >>>

thetechnobear Posted at 8-21 04:02
I bought care refresh, but also found it was more economical for small crashes to just pay the repair cost.

however, its a risk  , if you have a big crash, where you damage multiple arms, and the camera - then that is going to get very expensive - I reckon if you have one substantial crash in a year, then its likely care refresh will pay for itself.

Exactly... you'll just never know...
2021-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules