Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Care Refresh for DJI FPV - Is it worth it? This is my experience
6037 15 2021-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JeremyToh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3974439 ft
  • >>>
Australia

My wonderful fascination with DJI Drones have taken me from the humble Mavic Air to now the DJI FPV. All this while, ever since my first drone crash with the Mavic Air, I have considered the DJI Care Refresh program to be something worthwhile having. Two fast replacements no questions asked. But with the DJI Care Refresh for the DJI FPV.... I am not so sure.

Here is my experience when I sent my DJI FPV into the DJI Service Centre for repairs.

What's your experience like repairing your DJI FPV. Please share your experience.
2021-8-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JeremyToh. Good day and thank you for sharing this interesting video with us. Again, thank you for your support and fly safe always.
2021-8-16
Use props
JeremyToh
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-16 20:15
Hello there JeremyToh. Good day and thank you for sharing this interesting video with us. Again, thank you for your support and fly safe always.

The DJI Support Team was very speedy in their response. Sent the drone in on Tuesday, ready for pick up on Thursday. Simply the best!
2021-8-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting video Jeremy.    Love the corkscrew dive.  

I've always purchased the Care Refresh but you make a good point in the video on repair vs replacement costs.
2021-8-17
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Very nice description ...   
... thank you a lot!   
2021-8-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

JeremyToh Posted at 8-17 04:04
The DJI Support Team was very speedy in their response. Sent the drone in on Tuesday, ready for pick up on Thursday. Simply the best!

Hi there JeremyToh. You arte very much welcome and thank you for the positive feedback you have given. Rest assured that DJI is doing its best to give out the best customer service to all. Again, thank you for your valued support and have a nice day. .
2021-8-18
Use props
maihem.rc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2076335 ft
  • >>>
United States

When DJI Care finally came along I purchased it.  I have never had a need to utilize the plan but I have continued to purchase the plan for all of my new DJI drones because it keeps my wife from driving me nuts the whole time I'm flying.  While I frequently fly alone, the several times she was around were more stressful to me while flying than anything.  She literally cannot help herself from prattling on for the entire flight about how one crash is going to waste a thousand dollars.  So, I have had several DJI drones since 2014, I have crashed some, I have had to repair some, but I have never damaged one so bad that I had to send it in to DJI to repair.  In the future, I may not get DJI Care but I will not be telling my wife as it is well paid please don't talk and add to a crash situation and just watch insurance...if that makes sense.  I do love my wife and I appreciate her greatly, just sometimes she can pile on unnecessary noise at the worse times possible.
2021-8-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good video.
PS, I never got care refresh.
2021-8-19
Use props
thetechnobear
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2804810 ft
Spain

I bought care refresh, but also found it was more economical for small crashes to just pay the repair cost.

however, its a risk  , if you have a big crash, where you damage multiple arms, and the camera - then that is going to get very expensive - I reckon if you have one substantial crash in a year, then its likely care refresh will pay for itself.

but the flipside is, I think most of us are more likely to damage a single arm, and that is not worth even using care refresh for,.

on balance, Id probably NOT buy care refresh , as it was just too expensive both initial cost and the fee for usage.
but you never know, you might be unlucky....

2021-8-21
Use props
JeremyToh
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

thetechnobear Posted at 8-21 04:02
I bought care refresh, but also found it was more economical for small crashes to just pay the repair cost.

however, its a risk  , if you have a big crash, where you damage multiple arms, and the camera - then that is going to get very expensive - I reckon if you have one substantial crash in a year, then its likely care refresh will pay for itself.

Exactly... you'll just never know...
2021-8-22
Use props
fans0e89ae69
New

United States

My dilemma is having $528 tied up in the fpv for my first crash versus $739 to straight up buy a new one. I just can’t get my brain to understand this math. Yea it’s less than $200 difference in savings if I buy the refresh but with minor breaks it’s cheaper to repair myself. I contacted dji about my concerns but they were of little help trying to sell the refresh for the fpv leading me to believe it’s just to pricey considering the other models are way cheaper.
2022-8-6
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

thetechnobear Posted at 2021-8-21 04:02

however, its a risk  , if you have a big crash, where you damage multiple arms, and the camera - then that is going to get very expensive - I reckon if you have one substantial crash in a year, then its likely care refresh will pay for itself.

This is my view as well.

I got Care Refresh on the 4 Minis that I bought new, but it just didn't make sense for the FPV. The care refresh for the FPV seems to be designed for people who plan to smash the thing to smithereens on a regular basis. Your first major crash will cost you $475...$200 cost for the Care Refresh, and then $275 for the first crash. You can get a replacement FPV for about $675.

But the killer for me was the absence of Fly Away coverage under the FPV Care Refresh. I've had one crash with my FPV, when I was first learning to fly in Manual mode, by failing to follow a training rule that I had set for myself. It was not a big deal...one busted prop that I replaced, pop in a new battery, and it was up, up and away!

I don't fly crazy at all, but I do fly along the rugged wall of the canyon across from where I live. By "rugged", I mean anything that I did crash over there, would be lost and gone forever.

I've never lost a drone to a fly-away, but that's the risk that matters to me most. I'm just not going to be banging it into things on a regular basis.

Does anyone know of insurance that covers this? I don't want to rely on "personal item" coverage under some other policy. I'm looking for something that explicitly covers drone fly-away.

Thx,

TCS
2022-8-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Chaosrider Posted at 8-7 15:56
This is my view as well.

I got Care Refresh on the 4 Minis that I bought new, but it just didn't make sense for the FPV. The care refresh for the FPV seems to be designed for people who plan to smash the thing to smithereens on a regular basis. Your first major crash will cost you $475...$200 cost for the Care Refresh, and then $275 for the first crash. You can get a replacement FPV for about $675.

Hi, there. We are greatly sorry to hear about that. May we know if you have contacted our team to open a case? If yes, please provide us with your case number for our further checks. Thank you.
2022-8-7
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 8-7 16:53
Hi, there. We are greatly sorry to hear about that. May we know if you have contacted our team to open a case? If yes, please provide us with your case number for our further checks. Thank you.

Yes, all is well in that regard.

I just wish the Care Refresh for the FPV was more suited to my needs. If it included Fly Away coverage, I'd get it in a heartbeat, even at a cost of $199.

Thx,

TCS
2022-8-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Chaosrider Posted at 8-8 06:50
Yes, all is well in that regard.

I just wish the Care Refresh for the FPV was more suited to my needs. If it included Fly Away coverage, I'd get it in a heartbeat, even at a cost of $199.

Thank you for your feedback. We have forwarded it to our team. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2022-8-9
Use props
djiuser_Frisketti_Photo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26119 ft

United States

Yeah I have it for my M3P, and Avata, but for the FPV I’m not so sure. I’d love to have it but it’s more money for 1 replace on a 2 year plan than the refurbished combo I bought
2023-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules