A Mini 2 was found - how to contact owner?
851 8 2021-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
emanaku
lvl.1

Peru

A friend found a Mini 2 in the Rainbow Mountains (Cusco, Peru, South America).
The friend does not have sufficient internet access.
I can submit all information to DJI, so they could contact the owner, so the owner could contact my friend to get the drone back.
The owner very likely will leave Cusco soon - so it is urgent.
How can I contact DJI with all the necessary information?
Thank you.

2021-8-16
Use props
emanaku
lvl.1

Peru

In the meantime I have sent the information through the Support email form (on the Support page for DJI Mini 2)
2021-8-16
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Nice of you and your friend for trying to help out a fellow drone enthusiast -- hope you are able to reunite the bird with it's owner!
2021-8-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there emanaku. Good day and thank you for reaching out. For us to be able to assist you with regards to this matter. Kindly please contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your kindness and support.
2021-8-16
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Come on Stephen, get involved yourself via a direct message. Help out this nice guy.
2021-8-16
Use props
emanaku
lvl.1

Peru

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-16 19:14
Hello there emanaku. Good day and thank you for reaching out. For us to be able to assist you with regards to this matter. Kindly please contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your kindness and support.

Thank you, Stephen,
I have sent an email message through the page https://www.dji.com/support/product/mini-2 containing serial number, finder name, finder phone, finder email.
Neither me nor the finder has heard back from DJI yet.
The only problem is, that tourists in that area often stay only a few days and then (have to) travel on.
Meanwhile on all the fb expats groups around Cusco the situation was posted and there are chances, to find the owner this way, too.... :-)
Thank you.
2021-8-17
Use props
emanaku
lvl.1

Peru

By the way:
It would be really, really great, if there is a menu entry on the DJI website, where you can report a found drone.
It should NOT be for registered users only, because drones are usually found by people who are not interested in the forum.
The form could ask the right questions (serial number, contact information). And also help a "non-drone-expert finder" to find this information.
Thank you for considering this.
2021-8-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

emanaku Posted at 8-17 04:43
By the way:
It would be really, really great, if there is a menu entry on the DJI website, where you can report a found drone.
It should NOT be for registered users only, because drones are usually found by people who are not interested in the forum.

That's a great idea.    Also thanks for trying to get the lost drone back to it's owner.
2021-8-17
Use props
emanaku
lvl.1

Peru

The owner was found!
It was a Canadian tourist.
Somehow he was found through the many posts in different facebook groups around Cusco.
I saw a photo, where he has the drone in his hands after receiving it from the finder.
Thank you everybody here for your ideas and contributions.
Also: If you find a drone, don't give up to find the owner through different channels :-) :-)
2021-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules