Can’t Charge the Air 2 Controller
4082 7 2021-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SooperMan
lvl.1
United States

New drone. Just flew it once.  The controller suddenly off and couldn’t be turned on. Luckily the drone was flying low and landed safely after its battery was dead.
I thought that the controller’s battery is dead. After I plugged it in, only to find that I can’t charge the controller, but the drone battery can be charged normally in the same charger.
The LED lights on the controller aren’t on at all when charging. The lights aren’t on either when I press the on/off button.
Anyone has this problem?
2021-8-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With regards to charging, are you using the correct port? The one between the joystick storage recesses.
2021-8-16
Use props
SooperMan
lvl.1
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-16 18:01
With regards to charging, are you using the correct port? The one between the joystick storage recesses.

Yes. The port between the control stick storage.

On the other end, not only did I try the USB port on the charger, I also tried my iPhone charger. Neither of them works.
2021-8-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please send us a video sample showing the issue when the controller is plugged into the charger? Also, kindly please try to press the power button twice, one short press and one long press (Hold the power button). Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-8-16
Use props
djiuser_s5KtMTVYs3T8
New

Australia

Exact same problem happened to me. Everything was fine. Then all of sudden everything off and not able to turn back on or charge or anything. Just completely dead and non responsive. Very strange. What is this?
Not happy at all. . absolutely no reason for this to happen yet it. What's the issue? Many people having issue like this in different ways but outcome identical. Working then completely dead.
Some say they send it in or go to DJI store and the store repairs or fixes it and then the problem is fixed. But I wanna know y is this happening and how am I supposed to yr rust it won't happen again and then cause damage that puts me in a really bad predicament.
2022-5-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_s5KtMTVYs3T8 Posted at 5-2 23:34
Exact same problem happened to me. Everything was fine. Then all of sudden everything off and not able to turn back on or charge or anything. Just completely dead and non responsive. Very strange. What is this?
Not happy at all. . absolutely no reason for this to happen yet it. What's the issue? Many people having issue like this in different ways but outcome identical. Working then completely dead.
Some say they send it in or go to DJI store and the store repairs or fixes it and then the problem is fixed. But I wanna know y is this happening and how am I supposed to yr rust it won't happen again and then cause damage that puts me in a really bad predicament.

Hello, there. We are greatly sorry to hear about this situation. Have you tried to charge it for more than 2 hours or change other cables? If the abnormality still persists, we recommend you send it back for further testing. Sorry again for the inconvenience.
2022-5-3
Use props
fans8a8193cb
New
United States

I just bought my Mavic air 2 and the controller will not power on or charge. I have tried different cables and outlets and nothing works. I have charged it for a whole day and nothing. When I plug the cable in, lights come on and then goes blank. Then I try send a video of the problem through my Google pixel 6 and I can't do that either. DJI, what the hell is going on?
2022-6-18
Use props
fansfd0e3331
New
Flight distance : 302700 ft
Australia

I'm having this issue too, can't charge or reset it via the buttons. Where can I get it repaired in Australia?
2022-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules