Date: 2021.08.17
Firmware: v01.04.00.20
RavenEye Firmware: v01.02.00.20
DJI Ronin Tethered Control Handle Firmware: v32.33
DJI Ronin App iOS: v1.4.9
DJI Ronin App Android: v1.4.8
User Manual: v1.0

What’s New?
• Fixed issue: camera view was blank after recording stopped when using some Canon cameras.
• Fixed issue: shooting mode switched from video to photo unexpectedly after recording stopped when using some Canon cameras.
• Fixed occasional issue: unable to set ActiveTrack using touchscreen.
• Optimized performance in Underslung and Flashlight mode when shooting at low angles.

Notes:
• Motor parameters are reset after updating firmware. Make sure to autotune DJI RS 2.
• Make sure that the DJI Ronin app is the latest version when updating the firmware.
• Update the firmware using the DJI Ronin app by connecting the DJI RS 2 via Bluetooth. Do not disconnect the DJI Ronin app and DJI RS 2 during the update process.
• Update the firmware for the DJI RavenEye Image Transmission System using the DJI Ronin app by connecting the RavenEye via Wi-Fi. Do not disconnect the DJI Ronin app and DJI RavenEye Image Transmission System during the update process.
• If DJI RS 2 has a camera attached and is powered on while updating the firmware, make sure to protect the camera and lens as the motors will power off during the update.
• If the firmware update fails, restart DJI RS 2 and retry.

2021-8-17
Use props
Frontliner 2020
lvl.4
Philippines

thank you for the update...
2021-8-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Frontliner 2020 Posted at 8-17 01:27
thank you for the update...

Hi there Frontliner 2020. You are very much welcome. Again, thank you for your support and have a nice day. .
2021-8-17
Use props
Gregor Queck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638366 ft
Germany

Nice update, please take this in consideration for the next one:

It would be very useful to change the Modes User Interface on the touchsreen:

M1                                      M2                           M3 Batt.

This way it was obvious from afar what mode is choosen.
The numbers are definitely too small.

All in all, a really enjoyable gimbal, I think.
2021-8-17
Use props
Gd小猪
lvl.2
Flight distance : 678609 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Gregor Queck Posted at 8-17 04:08
Nice update, please take this in consideration for the next one:

It would be very useful to change the Modes User Interface on the touchsreen:

Hello, I am glad to receive your feedback. Do you want the M mode for larger icons?
2021-8-17
Use props
Indio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

i missed focus control (focus pull without focus motor) on supported cameras (BMPCC) on raven eye app : -(

hope this will supported soon
2021-8-17
Use props
DGBarar
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hi All:

This firmware update stopped at 53%.  What do I do?

Don
2021-8-17
Use props
DGBarar
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hi All,

Spoke with DJI service.  They counseled to turn off Ronin RS 2 and shut down the app.  Then turn back on the Ronin RS 2 and re-launch the app.  Update proceeded normally to completion.

Don
2021-8-17
Use props
Indio
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

if you have read the note:

2021-8-17
Use props
Gd小猪
lvl.2
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Indio Posted at 8-17 06:55
i missed focus control (focus pull without focus motor) on supported cameras (BMPCC) on raven eye app : -(

See that the last version 6K PRO supports camera autofocus, (you need to use the camera firmware version v7.3.1)
2021-8-17
Use props
Gd小猪
lvl.2
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DGBarar Posted at 8-17 11:26
Hi All:

This firmware update stopped at 53%.  What do I do?

You can try to upgrade again after shutting down, 53% are still in the firmware transfer stage, you can try to upgrade again after shutting down.
2021-8-17
Use props
Gd小猪
lvl.2
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DGBarar Posted at 8-17 11:52
Hi All,

Spoke with DJI service.  They counseled to turn off Ronin RS 2 and shut down the app.  Then turn back on the Ronin RS 2 and re-launch the app.  Update proceeded normally to completion.

I’m glad to see that your issue has been resolved.
2021-8-17
Use props
Gd小猪
lvl.2
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Indio Posted at 8-17 12:40

Great, your reading is very serious.
2021-8-17
Use props
Indio
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

Gd小猪 Posted at 8-17 18:14
See that the last version 6K PRO supports camera autofocus, (you need to use the camera firmware version v7.3.1)

first, no BMPCC has continuous autofocus.

and therefore I use the built-in wheel to focus manually on still lenses.
if the focusmotor is installed (for my meike cine lenses) you can also control the focus via raven eye app,
but not if only the internal wheel is used alone.

also, i always have the latest firmware installed on my gear.
(firmware 7.3 on my 4k and 7.3.1 on my 6k pro)
2021-8-18
Use props
Indio
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

Gd小猪 Posted at 8-17 18:19
Great, your reading is very serious.

yes, it is unfortunately a bad habit nowadays to read neither notes
nor manuals, but to ask why what does not work how and where.

best entry in a facebook group +g* :
"hello, i now have a BMPCC - where do you turn on the camera?"
2021-8-18
Use props
Gd小猪
lvl.2
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Indio Posted at 8-18 00:08
first, no BMPCC has continuous autofocus.

and therefore I use the built-in wheel to focus manually on still lenses.

Are you saying that they can't be used at the same time?
2021-8-18
Use props
Gd小猪
lvl.2
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Indio Posted at 8-18 00:12
yes, it is unfortunately a bad habit nowadays to read neither notes
nor manuals, but to ask why what does not work how and where.

agree. Everyone thinks it’s better to listen to others, so I don’t think much about it.
2021-8-18
Use props
Indio
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

Gd小猪 Posted at 8-18 00:18
Are you saying that they can't be used at the same time?

i do not understand the question or the context?
2021-8-18
Use props
DGBarar
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Indio Posted at 8-17 12:40

Hi Indio.

Thank you.  This exactly what I did.  I was then able to install the firmware update.

Don
2021-8-18
Use props
Gd小猪
lvl.2
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Indio Posted at 8-18 07:41
i do not understand the question or the context?

I want to know your specific needs or problems, so that I can better help you, my English is not good, sorry.
2021-8-18
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can we know when the Raveneye gets a firmware update?
2021-8-19
Use props
Indio
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

Gd小猪 Posted at 8-18 18:17
I want to know your specific needs or problems, so that I can better help you, my English is not good, sorry.

i did not have any problems - I am trying to help ; -)
2021-8-19
Use props
MarkDL
lvl.4
Italy

Indio Posted at 8-19 14:48
i did not have any problems - I am trying to help ; -)

Just for me it will be good this feature. I have the same problem, If I use the internal motor of the camera to manual focus, I can only use the wheel on the RS2, there isn't any way to command the focus by the remote app with raven eye, I must install the dji external motor, in this case i can activate the virtual wheel in the app. I Hope DJI could fix and update this feature in the next firmware!!
2021-8-20
Use props
THS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43783 ft
  • >>>
United States

Before I install and test this FW update (at the risk of it not working, and having to go back to earlier FW)... DOES IT SOLVE THE "FREEZING" ISSUE ON CANON C70 CAMERAS???
2021-8-23
Use props
Gd小猪
lvl.2
  • >>>
Hong Kong

MarkDL Posted at 8-20 12:00
Just for me it will be good this feature. I have the same problem, If I use the internal motor of the camera to manual focus, I can only use the wheel on the RS2, there isn't any way to command the focus by the remote app with raven eye, I must install the dji external motor, in this case i can activate the virtual wheel in the app. I Hope DJI could fix and update this feature in the next firmware!!

I use the latest firmware IOS APP, which can realize video transmission to control the follow focus motor, and the dial to control the camera electronic follow focus.
2021-8-24
Use props
Gd小猪
lvl.2
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Indio Posted at 8-17 06:55
i missed focus control (focus pull without focus motor) on supported cameras (BMPCC) on raven eye app : -(

I use the latest firmware IOS APP, which can realize video transmission to control the follow focus motor, and the dial to control the camera electronic follow focus.
2021-8-24
Use props
djiuser_RUSVm19VgO2E
New
Poland

Haven’t used it yet but I hope that in Ronin RS2 it could fix problem with focusing. I’m using Canon 5d MK3 and RONIN RS2 and RavenEye and main issue with that is when I connect everything it looks good but after marking area to focus my camera doesn’t focus at all. It follows (people for example) but focus isn’t working
2021-8-24
Use props
THS
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Again DJI... DOES THIS LATEST RS2 FW UPDATE SOLVE THE "FREEZING" ISSUE ON CANON C70 CAMERAS???????????????
2021-8-25
Use props
Treebore
lvl.2
Flight distance : 260194 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have a rs2 with raveneye camera is lumix g9 withe latest 2.4 firmware all cables connected correctly pictures on screen and on phone but the active rack speed is all ways at 30  it will not track correctly at 30. Any ideas?  One thing I did try is downgrade firmware on rs2 to 1.03.00.50 that’s works ok and activtrack works as is should   1-30 and stays what I put it on strange anyway firmware 1.04.00.20  has a problem with active track  can anybody help out with this please
2021-8-26
Use props
djiuser_2N6M5z17ai84
lvl.1

Germany

THS Posted at 8-25 15:01
Again DJI... DOES THIS LATEST RS2 FW UPDATE SOLVE THE "FREEZING" ISSUE ON CANON C70 CAMERAS???????????????

I cannot say for sure, because i bought the rs2 two days ago and updated the firmware asap, but my canon c70 is functioning just fine with it. Record button and focus wheel all working.

2021-8-26
Use props
Frontliner 2020
lvl.4
Philippines

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-17 01:29
Hi there Frontliner 2020. You are very much welcome. Again, thank you for your support and have a nice day.  .

my pleasure...
2021-9-2
Use props
djiuser_jT3b2IPPjVnL
lvl.1
United States

THS Posted at 8-25 15:01
Again DJI... DOES THIS LATEST RS2 FW UPDATE SOLVE THE "FREEZING" ISSUE ON CANON C70 CAMERAS???????????????

In my experience, after having dealt with this for quite a bit:
If you have the latest C70 firmware, plus this most recent RS2 August firmware update- it works. Can confirm (for me at least), no more lockups with record button or focus wheel.  I was experiencing the problem with the last two firmware updates - this one seems to work.
2021-9-5
Use props
THS
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

It works, as long as you don't start and stop recording too quickly... give each button press a moment before hitting it again.  Still---DJI BS!!!!!
2021-9-15
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can future update firmware "versions" be based upon actual dates?

Overview
2021.08.17 instead of v01.04.00.20?

Perhaps make the firmware numbers "2021.18.17-v01.04.00.20"?

This way it can have both so the new people can see when the actual updates came out instead of checking to see whether or not an update has happened that when a shoot has to occur immediately, people aren't stuck in update mode who didn't check?  This should be the new proper practice.
2021-9-16
Use props
Berlin_Lucky
New
Germany

I have latest D850 firmware 1.20 installed on the camera. when connecting Raveneye to the USB port of the camera, the liveview switches off and Raveneye reports "no HDMI connection to the camera". Still haven't found a way that Liveview of the D850 can be reactivated. So I can't use a focus and the shutter release doesn't work on the RS2. Who has an idea how it can work? It is said to have been tested with D850 firmware 1.10. This firmware is no longer available for download. What can I do?
2021-9-19
Use props
soakingwords
lvl.1
Flight distance : 192966 ft
Australia

Hi, I'm using an older camera, Canon 1DC, as it's similar to the Canon 1DX it worked completely with the previous firmware - focus control through the dial, record, stop start through the record button, and record function through the raven eye (virtual/digital button).
With the new firmware v01.04.00.20, the record button no longer stop starts!!!
Help!
Is there any way to downgrade the firmware to the previous version?
Thanks
2021-9-19
Use props
THS
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

CHECK THAT... THE LATEST FW UPDATE (v01.04.00.20 AS OF 9/20/2021) STILL CAUSES THE C70 (WITH IT'S LATEST FW) TO FREEZE!!!!!!!  UGHHHHHHHHH DJI!!!!!!
2021-9-20
Use props
RUD_fr
lvl.4
France

soakingwords Posted at 9-19 23:01
Hi, I'm using an older camera, Canon 1DC, as it's similar to the Canon 1DX it worked completely with the previous firmware - focus control through the dial, record, stop start through the record button, and record function through the raven eye (virtual/digital button).
With the new firmware v01.04.00.20, the record button no longer stop starts!!!
Help!

Push on the button 10 secondes on your mobile app and you will see donwgrade option.
2021-9-28
Use props
aeronium
lvl.1

Singapore

DJI please fix the freezing issue when using the C70 with the RS2. PLEASE
2021-11-9
Use props
fanse755a972
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I’m trying to figure out if there is any way to control my iPhone 13 pro max with the DJI Rs2 I’ve tried the DJI om 4 and 5 and they just can’t handle the payload I’ve successfully mounted the iPhone to the gimbal and using apple’s lightning to hdmi connector I’ve even got the active track 3.0 to work using raven eye but the problem I’m having is that I can’t control the start or stop record without physically touching the screen is there a way to use the gimbal controls to control the iPhone? The iPhone is my main camera
2021-11-9
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules