Windows 10 PC unable to read SD card or files directly from Osmo ...
3576 9 2021-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rbj77
lvl.1

Australia

Hi,

As a new user im shock to find that Im having difficulty to transfer my OA video to PC. My 2010 Macbook Pro detect the device seamlessly directly to OA or the micro SD card. However to start a project editing the video is for me reasonably done via my latest windows PC. This is a huge setback for me and appreciate if anyone can help me in finding a solution to better ransfer my Videos to my windows PC.

When I connect, the systems identifies the device or microSD however I cant find it on my file explore. I found that the card was not assign any drive name on it, when I tried to assign on the system feedback is The system cannot find the files specified.

Having to transfer the videos via wifi to my mobile causes my mobile Huawei P20pro to overheat.

My microSD card is SanDisk Extreme 128GB V30 3 A2. My Laptop is Predator PT315-52.

Any input from fellow users is highly appreciated.

2021-8-17
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Windows 10 machine?
2021-8-17
Use props
rbj77
lvl.1

Australia

Yes, windows 10 Home. I tried using bluestack   to run dji mimo however unable to connect to OA due to Location setting, which have been turned on Bluestack and for DJI mimo.
2021-8-17
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Osmo action camera only and Pc, anything else may not work. Try  settings/ portable drive and reinstall.
2021-8-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there rbj77. Thank you for reaching out and for these information that you have given. Kindly please try to remove the SD card from your DJI Osmo Action and use a card reader on your PC for you to be able to retrieve and edit the photos and videos that you wanted. Thank you.
2021-8-17
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Why doesn't you just use a cardreader?
2021-8-22
Use props
Ralf G.
lvl.2
Germany

Did you find a way to solve your problem? Same issue here. Since yesterday I installed the latest firmware. The card is only readeable through WiFi. Not with a card reader. I had the same issue before and I bought a bran new card that worked fine for a long time. Today I had the old problem again! Any ideas?
2023-6-14
Use props
Ralf G.
lvl.2
Germany

Found solution! Insert SD Card in card reader and run CHKDSK. (On Windows PC) Windows start, then type CMD. In this new window type CHKDSK, then space, then your drive letter, (in my case D:), then space, then /f then press enter. The card will be fixed and the files will be readeable. The entire command will look like this CHKDSK D: /f
2023-6-14
Use props
MetaMorlock
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks Ralph G. that fixed my problem too.

I thought my new Action 4 was faulty. Every time I recorded a video over 4GB and then tried to transfer the video files to the PC (via USB cable or SD card adapter), Windows would complain that the SD card needed formatting. Using CHKDSK [drive letter] /f corrected an error in the boot sector and now the card works perfectly.
2023-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules