Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Hi All,

I'm using 3 drones with my smart controller, M2 Pro, M2 ZOOM and MINI2, for M2P and M2Z there is no problem to connect drone to controller after power on, however with MINI2 I'm able to connect with smart controller only first time after linking (re-linking), when I power everything down and then power up and select MINI2 it will say connecting but never connects it will time out and I need again re-link to have MINI2 working. Did somebody experienced the same?

Thanks,

David
2021-8-17
Use props
lsarribanca
lvl.3
Flight distance : 614485 ft
Angola

I’m using 2 drones, Air2S and Mini2. To change the aircraft I go to Aircraft Management option on Smart Controller setup menu and choose between one or other. No issues at all.
2021-8-17
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovakia

For me it reconnects only when last drone connected was Mini2, when I select any of Mavic 2 - controller will switch to DJI GO mode and then reconnect to MINI2 without re-linking is not possible anymore. I think this is smart controller bug
2021-8-17
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

DH_Pilot Posted at 8-17 09:45
For me it reconnects only when last drone connected was Mini2, when I select any of Mavic 2 - controller will switch to DJI GO mode and then reconnect to MINI2 without re-linking is not possible anymore. I think this is smart controller bug

Will it connect normally to the Mavic 2 after "re-binding" and using the Mini 2?
In other words, is this re-linking only required when switching TO the Mini 2 or is it also required going back to the Mavic 2?
I don't have the Mavic 2 Pro anymore but when I had it AND the Air 2S, it needed to be "re-linked"/bound when changing back and forth between each drone! Wouldn't remember the binding of the other drone. Maybe this was fixed in a newer firmware for the Smart Controller?  I have only used the Air2S since May of this year after I sold the Mavic 2.
When I had the Mini 2, it wasn't working with the Smart Controller yet so I never had the chance to try that scenario.Maybe the models using the Fly app will remember the binding but changing the models that use Go 4 app will not?
2021-8-17
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Will it connect normally to the Mavic 2 after "re-binding" and using the Mini 2? In other words, is this re-linking only required when switching TO the Mini 2 or is it also required going back to the Mavic 2? I don't have the Mavic 2 Pro anymore but when I had it AND the Air 2S, it needed to be "re-linked"/bound when changing back and forth between each drone! Wouldn't remember the binding of the other drone. Maybe this was fixed in a newer firmware for the Smart Controller?  I have only used the Air2S since May of this year after I sold the Mavic 2. When I had the Mini 2, it wasn't working with the Smart Controller yet so I never had the chance to try that scenario.Maybe the models using the Fly app will remember the binding but changing the models that use Go 4 app will not?
2021-8-17
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

jmb63 Posted at 8-17 11:30
Will it connect normally to the Mavic 2 after "re-binding" and using the Mini 2? In other words, is this re-linking only required when switching TO the Mini 2 or is it also required going back to the Mavic 2? I don't have the Mavic 2 Pro anymore but when I had it AND the Air 2S, it needed to be "re-linked"/bound when changing back and forth between each drone! Wouldn't remember the binding of the other drone. Maybe this was fixed in a newer firmware for the Smart Controller?  I have only used the Air2S since May of this year after I sold the Mavic 2. When I had the Mini 2, it wasn't working with the Smart Controller yet so I never had the chance to try that scenario.Maybe the models using the Fly app will remember the binding but changing the models that use Go 4 app will not?

I am using a M2P and a Mini2.
Switching from the M2P to the mini2, I have to relink every time.
Going back to the M2P never a problem.
Even when switching off the SC and the Mini2 the last time, does need a relink of the Mini2 the next time.
I have the latest firmware on all devices and latest versions of Go4 as well as Fly on the SC.

For whatever reason the SC doesn't seem to remember the link with the mini2. Have to make a new profile in aircraft management every time.
2021-8-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there David. Thank you for reaching out and for these information that you have given. For you to be able change or select the DJI drone that you need to fly. Kindly please go to the Aircraft Management option on the DJI Smart Controller setup menu and choose what DJI drone do you want to use. Thank you.
2021-8-17
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovakia

Hi DJI Stephen,

I know how to choose drone, I go to settings select MINI2 it will get connecting and never connects - it will timeout. Please read carefuly connection is possible only immediatelly after linking or when before was not used Mavic 2 if I'm using only MINI2 it reconnects also after power off, but if I use Mavic 2 only one time - controller will switch to DJI GO mode and after that there is not possible to make connection again to MINI2 it will timeout it seems that linking information for MINI2 is broken by switching to Mavic 2 and DJI GO mode.

David
2021-8-17
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovakia

JohnDG Posted at 8-17 18:04
I am using a M2P and a Mini2.
Switching from the M2P to the mini2, I have to relink every time.
Going back to the M2P never a problem.

Exactly as you are describing with one thing, when my last used drone is MINI2 then after power up again it will connect but it is taking longer time. Maybe that is the problem reconnect takes longer time and DJI smart controller swtiching system simply times out due to that.

@DJI Stephen,

Please submit this to sw development compartment this is clear bug. This was not happening with Mavic Air 2 I had before only when combination of Mavic 2 + MINI 2 used with SC.
2021-8-17
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

DH_Pilot Posted at 8-17 21:37
Exactly as you are describing with one thing, when my last used drone is MINI2 then after power up again it will connect but it is taking longer time. Maybe that is the problem reconnect takes longer time and DJI smart controller swtiching system simply times out due to that.

@DJI Stephen,

The main purpose flying a drone is photography. I switch a lot between my 2 drones, using the Mini2 to scout the environment and then get the picture with the M2P. The mini 2 is faster to get in the air and less pertruding, but can't keep up with the picture quality I get from the M2P.

Yes, when you use the Mini 2 the next time it connects after a while. But as I switch a lot this results in relinking every single time.
The profile of the mini 2 is still on the aircraft management, but the Fly app doesn't seem to remember the link. I feel the link is not saved on the aircraft management profile and parsed on to the Fly app when you switch aircraft.
For the M2P it works fine thou.
2021-8-21
Use props
TerminalVelocity
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6248064 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same anomaly for me with the M2Z, M2A, and the Mini 2.  Looks like it would be a simple software fix and can't understand why DJI hasn't corrected the problem.  It's a well know issue and gets frustrating when you're flying all day long and repeatedly switching between drones.  I'm extremely happy that I can finally fly all three from the SC now, so thankful to DJI for making that happen, but hope they can add this little glitch to the list of problems that need correcting by the software developers.
2021-8-22
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovakia

@DJI Team,

Could you please forward this to developers to put this bug to backlog for fixing it?

Thanks
2021-8-23
Use props
Forestjim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DH_Pilot Posted at 8-17 21:37
Exactly as you are describing with one thing, when my last used drone is MINI2 then after power up again it will connect but it is taking longer time. Maybe that is the problem reconnect takes longer time and DJI smart controller swtiching system simply times out due to that.

@DJI Stephen,

I have the same problem. I have the same setup as DH.
2021-8-23
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovakia

@DJI Stephen,

Could you please forward this to developers?

Thanks
2021-8-23
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovakia

@DJI Team

Could you please respond to our queries to this obvious bug?

Thanks,
2021-8-23
Use props
BF Drone Co.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 254413 ft

United States

I am having this same problem
2022-11-21
Use props
MeAtHome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84104 ft
Switzerland

BF Drone Co. Posted at 11-21 08:36
I am having this same problem

The Mini 2 and the Mavic 2 run on different modes. When switching between the two aircraft, the smart controller “boots” between these modes.

Mini 2 -> M2P
If I was flying with my Mini 2 and want to switch to the M2P, I stop/kill the Fly app and go to the aircraft management page. There I select my M2P and after a few seconds, the Smart Controller and M2P are connected. I open the Go4 app and off I go.

M2P -> Mini 2
Switching from the M2P to the Mini 2 requires additional steps. I stop/kill the Go4 app and go to the aircraft management page. There I select "Add Device" and then the Mini 2. Once the controller starts beeping, I hit the cancel button. This will bring me back to the aircraft management page. There I select my Mini 2 and the devices connect within a few seconds. I open the Fly app and off I go.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=269062
2022-11-30
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-8-17 20:25
Hello there David. Thank you for reaching out and for these information that you have given. For you to be able change or select the DJI drone that you need to fly. Kindly please go to the Aircraft Management option on the DJI Smart Controller setup menu and choose what DJI drone do you want to use. Thank you.

Hi Stephen, please add me to the list of those having the  craft choice problem - look forward to your reply.
2022-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules