Camera doesn't stay pointed 90° down
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TN Lone Wolf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 963251 ft
United States

Hello all, it's been a while since I've been on here.

I'm attempting to debug a Phantom 4 Multispectral problem. When my coworker and I tried to map with it, we discovered that the camera refused to maintain nadir and would arbitrarily pitch from 90° downward to 0° level at the conclusion of each leg of its mission, and it would stay 0° level without our input.  As a result, even when we tried to manually aim the camera back down using the controller's camera pitch wheel, we couldn't complete a mapping operation. While attempting to troubleshoot the issue in free flight mode in Ground Station Pro, we noticed that the camera would begin to pitch up and down when the drone came to a stop.

All equipment, software, and firmware are fully up-to-date, and the aircraft has been calibrated. This is the first task we attempted with it out of the box.  We used Ground Station Pro and Photomap mode using default settings to perform the flight.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2021-8-17
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Hi, Sometimes downgrading and then upgrading helps solve some problems. You can also try to reinstall the application on your iPad because if I am not mistaken, it is GSPRO which edits the flight plan and inserts the orders to follow for the orientation of the camera in particular. To confirm
regards
2021-9-16
Use props
adomanim
lvl.3

Algeria

I rented a zoom lens to try out a GH4 and I have noticed that when I start to zoom out on it and then point the camera down the zoom will keep sliding down on it's own. The lens in question is a 14-140 Lumix f/3.5-5.6. My question is whether or not this is common problem with zoom lenses and if there are things you can do to avoid or fix it. I usually use primes and was thinking of investing in a GH4 and some Micro 4/3 lenses. This lens was a potential candidate because of the O.I.S but I'm nervous about dropping cash on a zoom lens Speed Test now if this is going to be an issue. Thank you.
2021-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules