Airport best practices...
899 14 2021-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JayOhio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2289446 ft
United States

So I have the Air2s and fly more with a couple other accessories and they all fit in a hard case which is an approved size for a carry on. I'm thinking that there is no way I want to check that case but has anyone ran into issue at the airport with a hardcase and a drone with batteries? I already know that most airlines want the batteries in a carry on only but anyone have an issue at the airport?

Jay
2021-8-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Jay. Good day and thank you for these information you have posted. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots can give out the best infomrtion and recommendation with regards to this matter. In addition, kindly please read through your airline's battery transportation regulations when traveling with LiPo batteries. For reference I will post a link where in you can learn about regulations for your specific airline ( https://www.dji.com/flyingtips/airlines ). Thank you and please stay safe always.

2021-8-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

When Ive flown with the M2P,  I put the drone in a hard pelican style case, and for ease that goes onto a rucksack.   I put all the batteries in seperate lipo bags in that ruck sack too,   Theres no need for the bags, but they make me feel better and I feel if security look at it they will see Im making an effort to keep things safe.   The rucksack then goes through the x-ray machine usually with the laptop and phones in a separate tray as per the airport requirements.  Never been challenged by security over the drone.  

Now bags of paella rice were another matter   
2021-8-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-17 23:24
When Ive flown with the M2P,  I put the drone in a hard pelican style case, and for ease that goes onto a rucksack.   I put all the batteries in seperate lipo bags in that ruck sack too,   Theres no need for the bags, but they make me feel better and I feel if security look at it they will see Im making an effort to keep things safe.   The rucksack then goes through the x-ray machine usually with the laptop and phones in a separate tray as per the airport requirements.  Never been challenged by security over the drone.  

I just have to hear that story.......
2021-8-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-18 04:55

I just have to hear that story.......

When we visit countries we often stock up on ingredients so in Spain I’ll buy paella rice and chorizo.  We can get it here but the good stuff is <€1 in Spain or about £5 here.

So because it’s heavy once we reach our bag limit the rest will go into hand luggage and I’ll usually have about 15kg as they don’t weigh hand carry on. I just make sure the bag is in the size requirements and present it’s light as a feather when I go past the airline staff.

However on the X-ray machine rice/sausage etc looked a bit weird so I had  the bag searched and the spainish guy was just loving what he found as told us we had good taste.  

I’m told cheese looks bad on the X-ray but I’ve never had a problem with that.
2021-8-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Airports are well used to drones by now , so as long as the country you’re flying into does not have specific bans or rules you wont run into any problems, hardcase is a good option.
2021-8-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-18 05:10
When we visit countries we often stock up on ingredients so in Spain I’ll buy paella rice and chorizo.  We can get it here but the good stuff is

Ah, interesting story and a great way to save some money.  When I was temporarily assigned to the American Embassy in Spain I was first introduced to paella and have loved it ever since.  
2021-8-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-19 04:25
Ah, interesting story and a great way to save some money.  When I was temporarily assigned to the American Embassy in Spain I was first introduced to paella and have loved it ever since.

Best cooked outside, weather permitting.  

2021-8-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-19 05:04
Best cooked outside, weather permitting.  

[view_image]

Wow, that look's mouth watering delicious.  Now I'm going to have to get out my paella pan and whip up some paella.  I always keep Bomba rice (Valencia rice) and saffron on hand so now just need to go pick up some mussels, clams and jumbo shrimp.  
2021-8-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-20 04:54
Wow, that look's mouth watering delicious.  Now I'm going to have to get out my paella pan and whip up some paella.  I always keep Bomba rice (Valencia rice) and saffron on hand so now just need to go pick up some mussels, clams and jumbo shrimp.

We had one Thursday night but to be honest due to the weather I did it inside.
2021-8-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-21 00:40
We had one Thursday night but to be honest due to the weather I did it inside.

I hear you on the weather.  I've never tried doing one inside as I have a covered landing at the foot of my pier where I dock the boat.  
2021-8-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-21 03:00
I hear you on the weather.  I've never tried doing one inside as I have a covered landing at the foot of my pier where I dock the boat.

Something like this ?  
2021-8-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-21 04:15
Something like this ?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQTJaxbUlVc

Similar but a bit smaller.  
2021-8-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-22 03:50
Similar but a bit smaller.

Nice,  that would certainly keep the weather off you.
2021-8-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-22 23:22
Nice,  that would certainly keep the weather off you.

Great place to clean fish.  Also a nice place to cook out on rainy days.  Usually have a light breeze blowing and with only a top it does stay fairly cool underneath.  
2021-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules