Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Goggle Flight telemetry freezing
1858 8 2021-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJMik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24572349 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have seen threads about this but not a  solution.. I have flown my DJIFPV many times and have had all telemetry freeze. I am hoping and assuming that the drone would still know when the battery was low enough to fly home? I restart and all goes back to normal. This happened on two batteries back to back yesterday.

Recently while flying my FPV build with DJI air unit I had a battery suddenly die causing me to crash. I think the telemetry had frozen without me realizing... all I look at with the build while I fly is voltage, but I was seeing 3.7 volts and suddenly lost power. When I checked my battery afterwards,  I was well below 2 volts  and the battery was destoyed.  

I had heard about issues with updates on the goggles causing them to black out while flying... which gives you no option but to shut off your FPV build and let it tumble to the ground. I have not yet updated because I was with pilots who experienced this and read about it online.  

Any advice?
2021-8-17
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Is the DJI FPV drone affected too...?
2021-8-18
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hello  the frozen telemetry definitely occurs while flying the DJIFPV.  I still have video but no telemetry.  I’m not 100% sure that the same thing happened with my fpv build (which has the dji dig. System in it) but I was flying the build noticed I had been flying over 5 min and was still at 3.7 volts when it just lost power and went down. When I tested the battery, I had gone below 2v.  That destroys batteries..
2021-8-18
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

JJMik Posted at 8-18 18:30
Hello  the frozen telemetry definitely occurs while flying the DJIFPV.  I still have video but no telemetry.  I’m not 100% sure that the same thing happened with my fpv build (which has the dji dig. System in it) but I was flying the build noticed I had been flying over 5 min and was still at 3.7 volts when it just lost power and went down. When I tested the battery, I had gone below 2v.  That destroys batteries..

They often say that if you have problems you should update the entire software, i.e. reinstall all elements ...
2021-8-19
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JJMik Posted at 8-18 18:30

Thanks.. Thats why IM posting..  One of the recent updates from DJI caused black outs where the goggles  would simply go black until you rebooted..  This is unbelievably dangerous when flying a build that doesnt have RTH.  (I am using the goggles for my DJIFPV and the drone i built with the DJI system) You will still have control of the drone while you see nothing but blackness.. only option is to shut it off and crash.  So far I only had this problem  (telentery freezing) while flying the DJIFPV, but im starting to suspect it is also what occurred while flying my build with the goggles leading to me frying a battery on my build.
Im hoping DJI has everything fixed on most recent update, but have lost faith in DJI
2021-8-19
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

I flew quite often with the DJI FPV drone and also very far ...

Luckily I have never seen such a "freezing" before .....
2021-8-21
Use props
EthanT91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1437795 ft
United States

I’ve been having the same issue. Can’t see my voltage or battery level on both the dji fpv or digital fpv system. Did you ever find a solution?
2022-5-15
Use props
djiuser_IawKiIs6SbWq
lvl.1

United States

I have the same issues on Avata since I start flying it with my FPV goggles...

Any solution???

2022-9-26
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I think firmware update fixed it. Not entirely sure because I’m not flying it very often since building my own 5inch drones. Update or reflash.  

New issue is that my goggles will not update to latest firnware..
2022-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules