Question about DJI Air 2S Point of Interest and obstacle avoidance
5505 3 2021-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RoshaBeli
lvl.1

Australia

Curious if anyone has some insight here -- I was flying my Air 2S this evening, and turned on the POI mode. It started circling the object I'd selected, but it started moving towards my house fairly quickly. I figured it was flying towards the house at a decent enough angle that the rear sensors would easily pick up the house, however they did not, and it got so close that the rear propellers were grazing the siding of my house (with the rear of the drone now directly facing the house) before I hit the oh-... button. I was a little mystified as to why the obstacle avoidance (which I had set to "bypass" mode) allowed it to get so close, especially with the rear sensors basically touching the side of my house at that point.
Does obstacle avoidance turn off during POI? Or was this likely just a symptom of the Air 2S not having side sensors and I just allowed it to get into a bad spot?
I tested the obstacle avoidance in regular flight mode right after, and it did what it was supposed to do, so the system does work...

2021-8-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi! You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.  That is way more active.    -   https://forum.dji.com/forum-129-1.html
2021-8-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi RoshaBeli, we are deeply sorry for your inconvenient flying experience. In Smart Flying Mode, the obstacle avoidance can work properly if the environment meet the effective conditions of the visual system. It should be noted that, Air 2S doesn't have side sensors. The drone will be in the lateral flight when you turn on the POI mode, due to the size of the obstacle, light and other reasons, it may not be able to effectively avoid the obstacle. It is recommended to use this mode in an open environment. Is there any damage to your drone? If so, for a safer flight in the future, we suggest you to send it back for a comprehensive test. If you have any further questions,please feel free to contact us.
2021-8-19
Use props
RoshaBeli
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

Curious if anyone has some insight here -- I was flying my Air 2S this evening, and turned on the POI mode. It started circling the object I'd selected, but it started moving towards my house fairly quickly. I figured it was flying towards the house at a decent enough angle that the rear sensors would easily pick up the house, however they did not, and it got so close that the rear propellers were grazing the siding of my house (with the rear of the drone now directly facing the house) before I hit the oh-... button. I was a little mystified as to why the obstacle avoidance (which I had set to "bypass" mode) allowed it to get so close, especially with the rear sensors basically touching the side of my house at that point.
Does obstacle avoidance turn off during  https://showbox.tools/POI? Or was this likely just a symptom of the Air 2S not having side sensors and I just allowed it to get into a bad spot?
I tested the obstacle avoidance in regular flight mode right after, and it did what it was supposed to do, so the system does work...

issue got solved!!
2021-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules