Mapping solutions with Mavic Mini
5991 11 2021-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Junior - Brazil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 476483 ft
Brazil

We know that the use of third-party applications, for obvious reasons, void your product warranty, Ok. This tip is for anyone who doesn't care about it or sees extra income or who knows, a profitable business: "mapping using drones", in this case, a Mavic Mini and free software, to start learning and then, with the natural evolution, use paid solutions in the future, with more resources.
Assuming that each photo recorded on the memory card receives a record called EXIF (Exchangeable image File Format), you can obtain some products such as orthophoto, 3D model, vegetation cover and graphic representation of elevation.
I won't teach you how to use it, but I'll give you the names of the applications and software I'm using and with a good internet search, you'll discover a range of opportunities:

Drone Harmony (for Android):
Mapeamentoi40.jpg

You can plan the mapping on the Drone Harmony web platform and synchronize in the App.

Once the photos are generated, you can use a multitude of solutions, paid or not, to process the images, for example, we can use this free solution and you don't even need to be connected to the internet for this work: WebODM is theweb interface of the Open Data Maps platform.
Its installation is a little complicated and as it is a local processing, it needs a good amount of RAM memory:

Mapeamentoi86.jpg
With this software you will be able to obtain, in addition to the orthophoto above, the graphical representation of the terrain elevation:
Mapeamentoi89.jpg

Or a representation of the vegetation cover of a pasture:
Mapeamentoi91.jpg

Or maybe a 3D model:
Mapeamentoi90.jpg

Well, I don't want to go into the subject too much, but I can say that the world of mapping applications using drones is very large, of course, there are situations that will require the use of fixed-wing UAVs, which can cover huge areas and better autonomy. But depending on the type of service, a Mavic Mini does with ease, such as inspection and planning of buildings, calculation of volumes, urban management or logistics and storage, among others.
Here's the link to another good platform, "Maps Made Easy" and a link for you to "play": in this resolution,you'll be able to find where I took off, for example. But the goal is to bring a little knowledge to everyone.

Hugs

2021-8-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

We know that the use of third-party applications, for obvious reasons, void your product warranty.
It's a common myth but using 3rd party applications doesn't void your warranty.
If there is an incident and it's provable that the 3rd party product caused the damage or loss, DJI won't cover it as a warranty issue.
If it can be shown that it was caused by a DJI issue, you are still covered by the DJI warranty.
2021-8-18
Use props
Junior - Brazil
Second Officer
Brazil

Labroides Posted at 8-18 06:48
We know that the use of third-party applications, for obvious reasons, void your product warranty.
It's a common myth but using 3rd party applications doesn't void your warranty.
If there is an incident and it's provable that the 3rd party product caused the damage or loss, DJI won't cover it as a warranty issue.

Thank you very much for the information, friend. Maybe the warranty works, the support system here is to send the unit with problems via post and wait for your analysis:: if the product fails, it will be replaced. And we don't have DJI Care in Brazil.
Hugs,
2021-8-18
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 295161 ft
Germany

thanks a lot!
2021-8-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Junior - Brazil. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2021-8-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very informative.  
2021-8-19
Use props
Junior - Brazil
Second Officer
Brazil

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-18 18:59
Hello there Junior - Brazil. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. Have a safe and a happy flying always.

Thank you Stephan.
2021-8-22
Use props
Junior - Brazil
Second Officer
Brazil

Thanks !
2021-8-22
Use props
Junior - Brazil
Second Officer
Brazil

You're Welcome!
2021-8-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're most welcome.    Hope you have a great week.
2021-8-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there Junior - Brazil. You are very much welcome and it is my pleasure to see your work. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying. .
2021-8-23
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 295161 ft
Germany

2021-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules