Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip
9340 17 2021-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MPallanti
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10965 ft
United States

Hi all

I'm thinking about switching up from my iPhone 12 to the new Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3. That flex that you get from the flip is too strong to resist

My question- given the flip nature of the phone, how does it work with the remote controller? Specifically the one that comes with the Mini 2? I'm concerned that the clamping action might damage the phone. Are there any other Z Flip users on the forums that could give some feedback?

Additionally, are there any differences in performance and features in the DJI Fly app when switching from iPhone to an Android? The Z Flip 3 does have a flagship processor so I'm not as concerned about that, but I would like to be sure.

Thank you!

Mike
2021-8-18
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Spain

not to ruin your flex but i don't think the flip phones are supported at all, neither the fold ones.and switching to android means more issues unfortunately, depending on the phone you take. with some samsungs dji are still struggling...
2021-8-18
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Unless you are trading in your Iphone, do a factory reset, install Fly and use it solely for flying.
2021-8-18
Use props
hunterws
lvl.4
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

iphone for the simps ... yay
2021-8-18
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

Fly is a mess on android. It is generally ok with snapdragons (which Flip 3 seems to have) but you never know what next update will bring, or break ...
2021-8-18
Use props
MPallanti
lvl.1
United States

sbonev Posted at 8-18 13:56
not to ruin your flex but i don't think the flip phones are supported at all, neither the fold ones.and switching to android means more issues unfortunately, depending on the phone you take. with some samsungs dji are still struggling...

Thanks for the feedback. The flex is certainly not worth impaired functionality in the app. I’ll stick with iPhone
2021-8-18
Use props
MPallanti
lvl.1
United States

CemAygun Posted at 8-18 15:08
Fly is a mess on android. It is generally ok with snapdragons (which Flip 3 seems to have) but you never know what next update will bring, or break ...

Thanks for the feedback. I certainly don’t want my DJI experience compromised. I’m sticking with iPhone in that case.
2021-8-18
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
United States

I have a Samsung S21 Ultra 512 gig storage Android 11 with latest updates - THE top. ZERO problems with Fly app. The only real problems have come from older or lower tier phones or the Ultra Exynos processor problems. I would still use the dedicated Iphone if I were you.
2021-8-18
Use props
hunterws
lvl.4
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

MPallanti Posted at 8-18 17:22
Thanks for the feedback. I certainly don’t want my DJI experience compromised. I’m sticking with iPhone in that case.

"dji experience" ... are you stuck on jimmy hendrix ?
You mean DJI care ... which still costs you money to use and months of your life?
2021-8-18
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
United States

hunterws Posted at 8-18 18:10
"dji experience" ... are you stuck on jimmy hendrix ?
You mean DJI care ... which still costs you money to use and months of your life?

No, he meant "experience". As in having fun without buggy apps.
2021-8-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mike. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 ) that you want to use on your DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI drone and with the said DJI application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 will be able to work on the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mini 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mini 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads ). Thank you.
2021-8-18
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

MPallanti Posted at 8-18 17:22

You are welcome. Rather unfortunately DJI really botched this one. Go4, despite being more advanced, worked on anything that I threw at it. Ahh, good old days... )
2021-8-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI struggles to keep the DJI Fly App compatible with a host of Android mobile devices.  Nothing wrong with buying the Z-Flip to use as your main mobile device but I would say to keep your iPhone 12 as a dedicated device to use with the Mini 2 RC. The device you use with your RC does not have to have a data connection.   
2021-8-19
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its great on my Note 20 Ultra in CE, in FCC there ''were'' issues, pixilation, purple colours etc, but the guys meant to have resolved that, need to test it in some sunshine, UK here so that's a joke  lol
Tab S2 9.7 works ok, tiny bit of jerky but its nothing to bother you, most certainly useable, still a good workhorse, for now....
2021-8-19
Use props
JW Mini2
lvl.1

United States

FWIW,  I recently upgraded from a Samsung S8 to the Samsung Flip3.   I'm finding the DJI Fly app works well on the Flip3 with the Mini2.    The hinge on the Flip3 seems really solid,  I am personally not worried about the clamp on the controller with the phone.

Because the phone has a very wide aspect ratio, the video from the Mini2 does not fill the screen,  there are black bars on each side.   Personally, I like that - it means the map and other widgets that pin themselves to the left and right do not block so much of the live feed when they are open.
2021-11-16
Use props
djiuser_zCosyWpQfQCi
lvl.1
United States

Neither my samsung zfold 3 nor my Samsung 10+ doesn't work with my new mavic air 2s or mini2. How do I fix this?
2021-11-20
Use props
djiuser_pSkJX8ushXKc
New

United States

What version of the dji fly app are you using? I downloaded 1.5.4 and the video feed freezes as soon as I start up the motors. Maybe you have a older version that would work on my z flip 3
2021-12-13
Use props
djiuser_q3cY0hIEEas6
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Dji fly in my zflip 4 crashed too
2022-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules