Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Storing Batteries at 55%
2903 9 2021-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dreamtuner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2068376 ft
Bangladesh

Hi All!

I have discharged my Air 2S batteries to 55% and stored them. I did this so that the batteries do not have to self-discharge after 9 days and thus escaping any sort of heating within the carry bag DJI provided. I am planning to charge them fully the day prior to the flight day which is uncertain due to the weather at my location. So I have two questions -

1. Is this a good practice? Or should I be doing some other steps and change the percentile?
2. What is a relatively good percentage of Humidity that the batteries & the Drone itself should be stored at?

Thanks!

2021-8-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there dreamtuner. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. The DJI Air 2S has an Auto-Discharging function to prevent the battery for swelling, the battery automatically discharges to 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day and automatically discharges to 60% of the battery level when it is idle for 5 days. It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the discharging process. For additional reference I will post a list of the intelligent flight battery safety guidelines. Thank you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... delines_v1.0_eu.pdf
2021-8-19
Use props
dreamtuner
lvl.4
Bangladesh

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-19 01:44
Hello there dreamtuner. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. The DJI Air 2S has an Auto-Discharging function to prevent the battery for swelling, the battery automatically discharges to 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day and automatically discharges to 60% of the battery level when it is idle for 5 days. It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the discharging process. For additional reference I will post a list of the intelligent flight battery safety guidelines. Thank you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Air_2S/DJI_Air_2S_Disclaimer_and_Safety_Guidelines_v1.0_eu.pdf

Hi DJI Stephen. I thought the latest firmware update increased the Auto-Discharge from idle from 5 days to 9 days. Thanks for the guideline!
2021-8-19
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Except for the battery hub of the Mini 2, wich got fixed with a recent firmware, batts auto discharge automatically to prevent damage, so you don't need to worry too much about it.
2021-8-19
Use props
1stUFO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 221594 ft
United States

Always store ANY lipo batteries @ 60% if possible, when not in use for more than a few days. That's just if you want to take extremely good care of them for long term use. 55% is just fine btw. You wanna also top off a little and get them back to about 60% if they've been sitting around for 2 to 3 months (at least every 6 months minimum). This will pamper your batteries. You used to have to deal with balancing each cell, but that's all built in now and it's way easier. Some charger's btw  have a "storage mode" and it will charge or discharge to 60% and they are ready to put away. Try and charge up your packs as close to flying time as possible. Don't go crazy over all this.... It's just a guide and is for super optimal care of lipo batteries. (Although I strictly stick to it, LOL)
Take care
2021-8-20
Use props
dreamtuner
lvl.4
Bangladesh

1stUFO Posted at 8-20 06:35
Always store ANY lipo batteries @ 60% if possible, when not in use for more than a few days. That's just if you want to take extremely good care of them for long term use. 55% is just fine btw. You wanna also top off a little and get them back to about 60% if they've been sitting around for 2 to 3 months (at least every 6 months minimum). This will pamper your batteries. You used to have to deal with balancing each cell, but that's all built in now and it's way easier. Some charger's btw  have a "storage mode" and it will charge or discharge to 60% and they are ready to put away. Try and charge up your packs as close to flying time as possible. Don't go crazy over all this.... It's just a guide and is for super optimal care of lipo batteries. (Although I strictly stick to it, LOL)
Take care

Thanks for great insight 1stUFO! I do care about all of my gadgets' batteries but this is my first Li-Po hence the confusion. I hope the batteries won't go haywire on me
2021-8-20
Use props
Hrodnand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972293 ft
Romania

I store them around 57-58% and only charge them within 24 hours before flying. Personally, I try to avoid the auto-discharge as much as possible and prefer to do it manually.
2021-8-22
Use props
dreamtuner
lvl.4
Bangladesh

Hrodnand Posted at 8-22 02:57
I store them around 57-58% and only charge them within 24 hours before flying. Personally, I try to avoid the auto-discharge as much as possible and prefer to do it manually.

Doing the same. I want to avoid heating as much as possible.
2021-8-22
Use props
SD_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

This has been my best practice to keep my batteries healthy and never an issue.

1.) Store batteries at between 30-35%.

2.) Charge them to full capacity 100% bi-weekly or at the longest once per month.

3.) I always charge them on the same day or at least one day before flying.

Again I have tons of flight miles and never an issue. Of course when there's an update and prompted, I always update all the batteries.

By the way the answer to your second question, for me always at room temperature.

2021-8-22
Use props
dreamtuner
lvl.4
Bangladesh

SD_Pilot Posted at 8-22 07:34
This has been my best practice to keep my batteries healthy and never an issue.

1.) Store batteries at between 30-35%.

Thanks SD_Pilot. I will try different ranges of percent for storing & will have to figure it out I think. Room temperature is what I am maintaining as you have suggested. Thanks again.
2021-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules